CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   R.I.P. Steve Irwin (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11264)

Chase 09-04-2006 09:09 AM

R.I.P. Steve Irwin

It's weird... the "Crocodile Hunter" constantly put himself in dangerous situations, but I'm still shocked that he passed away.

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...531446,00.html

ABYanks 09-04-2006 11:19 AM

Re: R.I.P. Steve Irwin

same same

JulieCitySlicker 09-04-2006 04:26 PM

I'm gonna get made fun of for this but I guess I wasn't all that familiar with this person cuz I can't remember ever hearing about him:o

Thats sad that he died though :(

Lunar Shadow 09-04-2006 09:56 PM

I dunno I think it is kinda funny in a way.....

I expected him to get eaten by a Croc rather than impaled by a sting-ray

Wylde-Tremonti 09-04-2006 10:11 PM

It Is Not Funny In Any Way Shape Or Form. The Man Was an Incredible Conservationalist And Was An Amazing Person. The Croc Hunter Was My Favorite Show. I Watched Him Every Day After School.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...i/RIPsteve.jpg

Wylde-Tremonti 09-04-2006 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieCitySlicker
I'm gonna get made fun of for this but I guess I wasn't all that familiar with this person cuz I can't remember ever hearing about him:o

Thats sad that he died though :(

You've Never Heard of The Crocadile Hunter?

Prog 09-04-2006 10:59 PM

Steve was awesome. He'll be missed.

A tip of my hat (which I don't wear), and a 'crikey' to his memory.

bilal 09-04-2006 11:17 PM

that is indeed sad....... and yes...when my friend told me about his death.....my first impression was also that a crocodile has eaten him up.....or some deadly snake got a good bite........ i liked the show too.... he was the pioneer of these kinda shows ...... many shows started latter on folllowing his foot steps.......

Rocketqueen 09-04-2006 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow
I dunno I think it is kinda funny in a way.....

I expected him to get eaten by a Crock rather than impaled by a sting-ray

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LMAO :roll: i know it ...i know he is resting in peace im sure he is in the relm of crock heaven and their like hunting him down and he is begging for the forgivness and more in likely he will remain in that relm untill he can see the error of his ways and pass on to a more peacefull place

Rocketqueen 09-04-2006 11:25 PM

:
Quote:

Originally Posted by bilal
that is indeed sad....... and yes...when my friend told me about his death.....my first impression was also that a crocodile has eaten him up.....or some deadly snake got a good bite........ i liked the show too.... he was the pioneer of these kinda shows ...... many shows started latter on folllowing his foot steps.......

:D ..darlin its not that sad k..we know sad k...:D WHO ALL AGREES, Wit Me That The Guy Had it Coming anyways ..if not by the crocodile...then by one of our man eaten friends ...

Robin101 09-05-2006 09:26 AM

This is indeed sad news.

He tried to educate us on certain animals that, through our own ignorance, we deemed 'evil' when really they were just misunderstood. He was trying to help these animals and educate us at the same time.

I hope people also understand that here is a 44 year old guy who's leaving behind a wife and two young children - an eight year old daughter and two year old son respectively.

RIP STEVE

Chase 09-05-2006 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin101
This is indeed sad news.

He tried to educate us on certain animals that, through our own ignorance, we deemed 'evil' when really they were just misunderstood. He was trying to help these animals and educate us at the same time.

I hope people also understand that here is a 44 year old guy who's leaving behind a wife and two young children - an eight year old daughter and two year old son respectively.

RIP STEVE

I know... this is terribly sad. I can't believe that people are making light of his death. Yes, he did have a dangerous job. But so do cops and soldiers. When one of them die, do you say "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA That's what he gets for chosing to be in harm's way!" I hope to God not.

Steve educated MILLIONS of people about creatures the global community deemed "frightening" and changed those perceptions.

JulieCitySlicker 09-05-2006 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti
You've Never Heard of The Crocadile Hunter?

Not that I know of:o I never really got into those nature shows on tv or anything.

Lunar Shadow 09-05-2006 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti
It Is Not Funny In Any Way Shape Or Form. The Man Was an Incredible Conservationalist And Was An Amazing Person. The Croc Hunter Was My Favorite Show. I Watched Him Every Day After School.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...i/RIPsteve.jpg

Oh come on.... There is Humor in every ting no matter how morbid.... I find humaor in the laci perterson death and in the jonbenet ramsey murder and so on and so on not to mention the shuttle columbia disaster.... there is humor everywhere you just need to know where and how to look for it. humor is a coping mechanism.... Hell I found humor in the death of my best friend th night of his wake we were sitting around laughing at his expense (its the way he would have wanted it.

now am I saying that Steve Irwin wasn't a great naturalist? no I am not, I Just tend to find the humor in bad situations. Anything can be funny Even Rape you just have to know how to look at it.

Robin101 09-05-2006 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
I know... this is terribly sad. I can't believe that people are making light of his death. Yes, he did have a dangerous job. But so do cops and soldiers. When one of them die, do you say "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA That's what he gets for chosing to be in harm's way!" I hope to God not.

Steve educated MILLIONS of people about creatures the global community deemed "frightening" and changed those perceptions.

I agree. I don't think I can put it any better than british wildlife expert David Bellamy who said "A family man, showman without equal, a conservationist who understood the real meaning of the word and a natural historian who understood the animals he worked with".

"Today, the world is a sadder place - but, thanks to his enthusiasm and talent, it is much wiser too".

The one thing I always noticed about Steve was his childish enthusiasm - you could always see it in his eyes. He had a passion for his work and just wanted us to experience it with him.

There certainly won't be a shortage of people telling his children what a 'great bloke' their dad was.