CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Album Leak (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12762)

King Oropher 10-23-2009 06:52 PM

Re: Album Leak

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
And with the people saying its not the best album and whatever, I'll get to you when the album is actually released.

Go Nags :D

Some people are a bit harsh with the reviews but oh well. Remember there are other songs that haven't been released.

I'm seeing a lot of people on these boards that I haven't seen before, it's great.

nickmiller71 10-23-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerJim
Well...this record is one melodic piece of work(thanks to Mark) with absolutely superb drumming from Flip, excellent Bass work from Bryan and Scott's vocals are so invigorating yet refreshing. 9/10 because of the 2 "filler" songs. (On My Sleeve and Away In Silence)

"Away in Silence" may actually be my favorite song on the record. I don't think there are ever any "filler" songs on a record that's put out. Remember, if the song ended up on the record, there was a reason it was put on it. Every song adds to the overall listening experience, and opinions are completely subjective.

-Nick

RangerJim 10-23-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickmiller71
"Away in Silence" may actually be my favorite song on the record. I don't think there are ever any "filler" songs on a record that's put out. Remember, if the song ended up on the record, there was a reason it was put on it. Every song adds to the overall listening experience, and opinions are completely subjective.

-Nick

Well if you read a bit further back after I wrote that I explained basically what you just told me to another user.

BSC 10-24-2009 05:01 AM

I really want to listen to this, but I want the actual CD in my hands before I do!

I've got to wait until the 2nd of November though! AAAH!

revisfoot 10-24-2009 11:00 AM

The album is really good. There are some songs on here that are even heavier than Alter Bridge's "heavy" stuff (Metalingus, Ties That Bind, etc). Away In Silence is probably one of my favorites. It's a totally different subject matter for Creed, but they pull it off nicely. I give this album an 8 out of 10.

Tremontiriffs77 10-24-2009 11:47 AM

There is no reason THAT those who were sharing this didnt keep it in the forums and went out and posted it on all the torrent trackers..Its so stupid..I can understand wanting to hear the band before the release but why do that?its stupid and hurts the band..As I have said before I really dont have any issues with filesharing but it has to be done with some respect..I had no issue with it going public after its release but it seems like to me whoever uploaded it must have been an AB fan trying to hurt Creed or just plain retarded when you claim you love the band..I think the Labels and RIAA are crooks but I didnt want to see the guys get hurt..That is why I urge all those whoare on these forums and have either shared or made the dumb mistake of uploading it to go out and show your support for this band regardless of whether you liked the album or not..They put alot of workin into it and just because its not Myles, AB or whoever that is a bs excuse not to pony up the cash and support this great baND..

in reality 10-24-2009 12:10 PM

I found the full version of On My Sleeve on youtube, they even have the songs on there! I was going to listen to the 30 second clip. I must say I love this song, it's just awesome. I knew it would be this good. :)

TheGreatDivide 10-24-2009 02:16 PM

To me any real fan would want to wait for the cd to come out instead of take the cheap way out and going for the leak. If your such a big fan, would it be more special to actually ahve the cd in your hands and then listen? It takes away from the comeback.

Trinity 10-24-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatDivide
To me any real fan would want to wait for the cd to come out instead of take the cheap way out and going for the leak. If your such a big fan, would it be more special to actually ahve the cd in your hands and then listen? It takes away from the comeback.

Yep... I'm waiting till I have the cd in my hands before I listen to it.

rabidgopher04 10-24-2009 02:33 PM

I see the songs are all over YouTube, but I am restraining myself. I remember buying Human Clay the day it came out (September 28, 1999), bringing it home, and listening to it for the first time. Having not heard any song in advance (except for Higher on the radio) it was absolutely awesome to get blown away.

I thought What If was going to be another wussy song when I heard the intro and then BAM! it cuts right into the main riff.

I'm not expecting the same reaction for this album (for no particular reason), but I want to have that same experience where I bring home the disc and listen to it start to finish for the first time.

I think listening to the leak spoils the fun and the mystery.

I'm looking forward to next Tuesday!

Chris98GT 10-24-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Not everyone needs to stare at CD artwork to enjoy the music.

Besides, many of us have it pre-ordered. We're not hurting anyone.

in reality 10-24-2009 03:43 PM

yeah, Chris, I agree with you. I wasn't even going to youtube for the full version. I certainly was susprised to see it! It probably will be taken down, but I just had to hear this song! I pre-ordered the cd from Amazon too. They have more songs on that channel, but I will just be listening for On My Sleeve. Can't get enough of that song. The rest I'll get from the cd.

00iceman 10-25-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

I'm a huge fan. To me, a real fan pre-orders the album 2 weeks ago, and then gets a huge thrill out of hearing their favorite band's album before anyone else. It adds to the comeback for me. I agree with Chris, no one is getting hurt, most importantly the band is not being hurt. I will always support Creed by buying their albums.

BSC 10-25-2009 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinity
Yep... I'm waiting till I have the cd in my hands before I listen to it.

Same here, even though the 8 day wait is killing me...

I'm not going to get into whole illegal/sampling/true fan arguement though..