CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Brian Marshall? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5129)

hide 12-13-2003 11:45 PM

True I just hope this band doesn't become a poorer version of Creed, one without Stapp. Hopefully they do something different not make the same music but with a different singer. Anyhow i'm exited to see what they all do and I'll be buying them on release date. Hopefully we get a full Creed album in 2005!

hayley 12-13-2003 11:48 PM

I hope they don't got totally different, like a totally different approach to rock, I hope they do still have that hint of Creed.

But we'll see, and yeah I will be buying it on the release date too. :D

facelessman 12-14-2003 01:10 AM

meh

musicmind226 12-14-2003 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
I hope they don't got totally different, like a totally different approach to rock, I hope they do still have that hint of Creed.

But we'll see, and yeah I will be buying it on the release date too. :D

Creed was the very esscense of creed with stapp/tremo or the main core. Now that tremo is going to have such a strong hold with this I don't hink your going to get much of hint O creed. The new songer is also going to determine this.

My prediction is that it's going to be very riff savy, and a little more on the hard side. Who knows, but I'm excited.

hayley 12-14-2003 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind226
Creed was the very esscense of creed with stapp/tremo or the main core. Now that tremo is going to have such a strong hold with this I don't hink your going to get much of hint O creed. The new songer is also going to determine this.

Yeah that's true I guess. But I think there will be just a little Creed touch there. I hope so, anyway.

Quote:

My prediction is that it's going to be very riff savy, and a little more on the hard side.

Yeah no kidding Tremo is going to go hard, and it's gonna kick some major ass.

musicmind226 12-14-2003 05:41 PM

I also prectict that there will be some killer sreddidge. Just him feeding off of brian and vice versa like the MOP AND HC days.

Dogstar 12-14-2003 05:48 PM

Quote:

My prediction is that it's going to be very riff savy, and a little more on the hard side. Who knows, but I'm excited.

Yeah, I agree. I'm looking forward to it, too. I just hope it rocks hard!

hide 12-14-2003 08:20 PM

Since Mark had such a big hand in writing Creed's first 3 albums the music first and foremost there are going to be similarties between Creed and this new band. But I expect that it will be heavier, a lot more shreddage and it also remains to be seen what type of singer they find. If there is a singer that sounds like Stapp even if the music is different comparsions will be made.

Hopefully Brian and Scott also do some writing, and there are some drum and bass solos as well!

Dogstar 12-14-2003 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hide
Since Mark had such a big hand in writing Creed's first 3 albums the music first and foremost there are going to be similarties between Creed and this new band. But I expect that it will be heavier, a lot more shreddage and it also remains to be seen what type of singer they find. If there is a singer that sounds like Stapp even if the music is different comparsions will be made.

Hopefully Brian and Scott also do some writing, and there are some drum and bass solos as well!

I hope the singer sounds totally different. I would hope they wouldn't be out to re-create Creed, which I don't think they will be. Comparisons will be made anyway, but more so if the singer resembles Stapp. If he's going harder, I would think he'd want more of a Maynard or James H sound. Somebody who can scream with the best of them :D.

hide 12-14-2003 08:34 PM

i would think they wouldn't be trying to re-create Creed I would be devestated if he sounds like Morrison, Vedder, Stapp or any other deep-throated lead singer. A James Hetfield style singer would be good but someone that can sing not just yell. Listen to St.Anger when he actually tries to sing youch! Someone that sounded like Cornell or someone who at least has the range would be awesome but they don't grow on trees, they are much rarer then the deep throaters.

Someone like Lajon Witherspoon would be perfect!

chafin24 12-14-2003 08:43 PM

help me with windows media player, i am haveing trouble downloading some music from a site. I made the mistake going thru aol to listen to it, and there i have troubleing with it.

thanks

hide 12-14-2003 08:52 PM

what can't you work out just left click if you want to open the file or right click and go down to save if you want to save it!

musicmind226 12-14-2003 09:13 PM

Of course it's going to have some kind of akin to creed. I mean, with 1/3rd of creed brian, flip and mark your still going to have the distinctive tremo PRS sound, and those groovy bass lines of marshall. Don't take this the wrong way, but I always found flip to be an ordnary drummer, but still.

Still, I'm wondering if it's official if marshall is going to be in the band. The sentiment remains as to his musical input to this yet to be named band. Does not your your couriocity rise about this? And don't forget to mention the new singer, and like many have said, I would rather not have a nasaly voiced singer, something completely different.

So, after it's all said and done and the albums out, I wonder if there will be a fan divide where the fans of stapp will be sour to thus, and the fans of tremo, brian and flip will be the defenders? Hmm.....

hide 12-14-2003 09:20 PM

about flip's drumming he's not john bonham or danny carey or even dave grohl but he does his job well and I think Weathered showed an improvement ie:Signs. SubmerseD have used him and Creed picked him and have stuck with him so he must be okay! I agree with you in that he's not the greatest drummer, he's an average drummer but not ordinary!

I really hope there is no divide among Creed fans even if this hiatus is long-term!

musicmind226 12-14-2003 09:25 PM

If stapp is realsing a solo album, he's going to have to tour to support it, so it's going to be for at least a few years, who knows. I'm starting to think with this stapp/tremo parting ways thing that it could be on a permanent level.