CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Stapp will be playing Creed songs on tour!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7705)

ctfan 11-06-2005 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
Dude, Stapp can't even sing Reach Out without hitting false notes on his own solo CD. He used t obe way better

Man, have you ever heard the song Rocky Top?? Even I could stomach that song with him singing it.

What the hell is a "false note"?? How can you tell?? Would you know one if you heard one?? If you look at the lyrics...does it say, "insert false note here"?? Did he tell you he has to hit false notes?? Did he call you up and say...."dude, on that song Reach Out, I hit a couple false notes, think anyone can tell"??

Your just full of digs.

:D

Bridge of Clay 11-06-2005 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfan
Man, have you ever heard the song Rocky Top?? Even I could stomach that song with him singing it.

What the hell is a "false note"?? How can you tell?? Would you know one if you heard one?? If you look at the lyrics...does it say, "insert false note here"?? Did he tell you he has to hit false notes?? Did he call you up and say...."dude, on that song Reach Out, I hit a couple false notes, think anyone can tell"??

Your just full of digs.

:D

I guess someone needs a "Music Theory for Dummies" book.

ctfan 11-08-2005 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
I guess someone needs a "Music Theory for Dummies" book.

They have a book out for people like that?? Sa-weeet! Does it have the definition of a false note in it??

Hmm, I don't need to theorize a song to know if I like it. I just listen, so I guess that book isn't for me. But hey, if you want to pick up a copy for yourself....go for it man.

Bridge of Clay 11-08-2005 03:11 PM

I'm not the one here looking for a definition of false note, falsettos and whatsoever.

I wonder if you like the music for one and only specific reason or if you analyse it to check if it's indeed a good song or not.

uncertaindrumer 11-08-2005 04:11 PM

Quote:

A false note is when you aren't on key, generally. Don't act ignorant just because you have run out of ways to defend your demigod.

InMyOwnMisery 11-09-2005 02:20 PM

Stapp's voice sounds just as great as it always has! As for "Reach Out", the rawness of his voice is OBVIOUSLY what he was going for in that song. To hear some of you say that he missed a few notes is absurd. The man is a veteran by now in studio recording and if he did miss any notes or his voice cracked too much then he would have been the first person to notice it. He could have easily fixed any mistakes in editing. It's not like he had "one chance" to record it. That fact that he put out "Reach Out" as is, only proves he got what he was going for which was the vocally raw and raspy Kick-A$$ rock song that it is. Perhaps everyone has listened to the "sweet and tender" voice of Myles Kennedy too much. Come back to Stapp,...as FacelessMan stated earlier,.....the grass is DEFINITELY greener on this side.

Dogstar 11-09-2005 02:27 PM

:rolleyes: I'll reserve judgment until I hear the man live. From the few radio acoustic sessions I've heard, and granted, singing in the morning without warming up can f*ck things up, but still, he has sounded not so hot.

titan9 11-09-2005 02:31 PM

Agreed. I just hope he sounds better live. I've heard that during the Acoustic sessions(or during at least a few of them) he has been sick, which would definitely goof up his voice. I think if he stays healthy during the tour, and works on his voice, he should sound good live. If he doesn't stay healthy and doesn't work on his voice at all, well, I don't have high hopes for his voice sounding good live.

Dogstar 11-09-2005 02:33 PM

Exactly. Look at Chris Cornell. He gave up smoking and drinking and his voice sounds a lot better than it has in recent years. If Scott works on it and takes good care of it, it could sound great again...I'm hoping, anyway :D. The man was awesome live and a terrific front man. I still would like to see him live.

titan9 11-09-2005 02:45 PM

Same here. I hear he chews tobacco and drinks, so maybe it is time for him to be like Cornell and give up both. I know, having an ice cold beer is tempting.....but giving it up to sound better live would be worth it, imo. :D

Anyway, I do agree Cornell still sounds really good live. I was watching a free thing on Direct TV last month of Audioslave's performance in Cuba. The whole band sounded really good live, and that alone was enough to make me want to go to an Audioslave concert next time they come around here. :D It was good to see that because I had my doubts after Live 8. Cornell's voice kinda cracked during their televised performance of Like a Stone. But from what I've heard, that was only a once in a while type thing.

Anyway, back on topic. I do think Stapp can sound great again, but only if he puts the effort into his voice.

The Lithium 11-09-2005 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Exactly. Look at Chris Cornell. He gave up smoking and drinking and his voice sounds a lot better than it has in recent years. If Scott works on it and takes good care of it, it could sound great again...I'm hoping, anyway :D. The man was awesome live and a terrific front man. I still would like to see him live.

Yes, but then again; Cornell is the king of all rock singers! :D Go Chris!

ctfan 11-11-2005 12:12 AM

Quote:

I'm not the one here looking for a definition of false note, falsettos and whatsoever.

I wonder if you like the music for one and only specific reason or if you analyse it to check if it's indeed a good song or not.

What is with all this theory and analytical bs?? Music shouldn't be that hard man. You shouldn't have to work at it like that to understand if it's a good song or not. It shouldn't need to be picked apart line by line, or chorus, or verse. Or delve deep into it's meaning to understand what it's trying to say.

Damn, can't you just listen to a song to know if you like it? I know I can. :D

Rocketqueen 11-11-2005 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
Yes, but then again; Cornell is the king of all rock singers! :D Go Chris!

i like the mans singing k But King :wtf: we need a Realtiy check im sure cornell would agree :D

ctfan 11-11-2005 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
A false note is when you aren't on key, generally. Don't act ignorant just because you have run out of ways to defend your demigod.

You continue to act the ass towards me, and I'll ride you like one. :D

So what your saying is, that Stapp sang a few off key notes right? As was stated in this thread earlier, that is what happend on the song Reach Out?? Instead of a false note, he was off key.

Oh geez, that's funny. Wind-Up letting a cd go out with the singer off key. So with my of thinking, does that still make me ignorant, or you.

Dogstar 11-11-2005 01:41 AM

Quote:

What is with all this theory and analytical bs?? Music shouldn't be that hard man. You shouldn't have to work at it like that to understand if it's a good song or not. It shouldn't need to be picked apart line by line, or chorus, or verse. Or delve deep into it's meaning to understand what it's trying to say.

Maybe some people, like musicians, or music students, or analytically inclined people enjoy delving into a song to deconstruct it, or try to figure out what it means. What's it to you? Why don't you get off everyone's ass?

ctfan 11-11-2005 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Maybe some people, like musicians, or music students, or analytically inclined people enjoy delving into a song to deconstruct it, or try to figure out what it means. What's it to you? Why don't you get off everyone's ass?

And that's fine dogstar, I can certainly understand that, and who knows there may be lots of people out there like that. But because I don't need to do all those things to enjoy music, doesn't mean I'm a dummie who needs a book, that I'm ignorant, or think of Stapp as a demigod.

Go back and reread this thread, and you'll understand.

Dogstar 11-11-2005 02:22 AM

Quote:

And that's fine dogstar, I can certainly understand that, and who knows there may be lots of people out there like that. But because I don't need to do all those things to enjoy music, doesn't mean I'm a dummie who needs a book, that I'm ignorant, or think of Stapp as a demigod.

Go back and reread this thread, and you'll understand.

I read it. I'm well aware of what's in the thread.

Bridge of Clay 11-11-2005 06:40 AM

Quote:

It's not all theory... you haven't heard the leak yet. The more you hear it the more you notice the flaws...

Stapp sings off key and his voice cracks often... it's painful to the ears and it's painful to see that a man who used to be the best singer around in my opinion during the Human Clay days destroyed his voice. The leak isn't the final cut, it needs mixing and his voice needs editing to get fixed. You'll listen to the final mix and still think he's on top of his game, which he's not.

When I was younger and my voice was changing, I was praying I'd have a voice like his. I'm saying that for you to realize I'm don't have a negative bias towards him, I'm just pointing a fact: his voice isn't like it used to be anymore. And it's not better.

But if you dig hearing singers out of tune, you're entitled to it. I know I can hear it and not like it. Can't you? :D

PS: If you do and we catch you criticizing Ashlee Simpson, you realize you'll lost all of the respect you still have here, right? ;) [ j/k ]

uncertaindrumer 11-11-2005 09:10 AM

Quote:

What is with all this theory and analytical bs?? Music shouldn't be that hard man.

Hard? I would argue it shouldn't be so simple.

Quote:

You shouldn't have to work at it like that to understand if it's a good song or not.

Why not?

Quote:

It shouldn't need to be picked apart line by line, or chorus, or verse.

You aren't a musician, are you...

Quote:

Or delve deep into it's meaning to understand what it's trying to say.

Things that just give you the meaning plain and simple are unfulfilling and empty.

Quote:

This is the argument of every Britney Spears fan of all time...

RoffeDH 11-11-2005 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
Hard? I would argue it shouldn't be so simple.

Why not?

You aren't a musician, are you...

Things that just give you the meaning plain and simple are unfulfilling and empty.

This is the argument of every Britney Spears fan of all time...

Man, for once I agree with you ;)

Bridge of Clay 11-11-2005 10:17 AM

*high five with Stephen*

titan9 11-11-2005 10:59 AM

Quote:

Stapp sings off key and his voice cracks often... it's painful to the ears and it's painful to see that a man who used to be the best singer around in my opinion during the Human Clay days destroyed his voice. The leak isn't the final cut, it needs mixing and his voice needs editing to get fixed. You'll listen to the final mix and still think he's on top of his game, which he's not.

If you're saying that he sings off key and his voice cracks often on the album, I have to disagree. The only song I notice it on is the first track. It's very apparent on that one when he tries to go higher with his voice. Before you say it, yes, I have listened to the album a lot(at least once per day for the past week) and I've listened to it on PC speakers, car speakers, headphones, you name it.

However, if you are referring to his acoustic performances, I definitely agree. His voice does crack quite a bit and he is a bit off-key. I have heard that he was sick during those performances, though, which could explain it. It should be interesting to hear how he sounds live.

The Lithium 11-11-2005 11:11 AM

Quote:

Dude, are you trying to kill the love of music?