CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Stapp will be playing Creed songs on tour!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7705)

JulieCitySlicker 10-22-2004 09:40 PM

Meh!

BobbyMcGee 10-28-2004 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trimontana
Answering about awards:
I don?t think my lovely Mr Tremonti and my sweet Flip have to return back any award cos: Creed did not win NONE grammy award. Check it in the advance search from: www.grammyawards.com

All the awards Creed won you can check it at: www.creed.com/news.html

Oh really:

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/SHOWBIZ...rammy.winners/

Rock Song (award goes to songwriter):

"With Arms Wide Open," songwriters: Scott Stapp and Mark Tremonti(Creed)
________
LovelyWendie
________
Ecigarette 123

The Lithium 10-28-2004 05:59 PM

I think that's right

Trimontana 10-28-2004 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee
Oh really:

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/SHOWBIZ...rammy.winners/

Rock Song (award goes to songwriter):

"With Arms Wide Open," songwriters: Scott Stapp and Mark Tremonti(Creed)

After that post i made another one correcting myself:

Search Results Search Again.
( 1 matches found)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GRAMMY Winner Mark Tremonti & Scott Stapp,songwriters.
Genre Rock
GRAMMY Category Best Rock Song
Year 2000 - 43rd Annual GRAMMY Awards
Title of the Work With Arms Wide Open
Artist Performing Work Creed

( Page 1 of 1 )

You are right man. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This post is on page 4...so donīt give that shit ok????

benkenobi 10-28-2004 09:04 PM

My view on this is that nobody but Creed should play CREED SONGS!!! Scott Stapp is only one man, and doesn't make up the band. Alter Bridge is 3/4's Creed and they won't even play Creed songs. They said it isn't fair to Scott. He should have the same respect towards them, and create something new for his solo career because I'm sure it would turn out okay.

fluttergirl 10-29-2004 12:38 AM

That's pretty much what I've been trying to say, thank you. Very succinct. :D

BobbyMcGee 10-31-2004 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benkenobi
My view on this is that nobody but Creed should play CREED SONGS!!! Scott Stapp is only one man, and doesn't make up the band. Alter Bridge is 3/4's Creed and they won't even play Creed songs. They said it isn't fair to Scott. He should have the same respect towards them, and create something new for his solo career because I'm sure it would turn out okay.

But he wrote 99.9% of the songs, then why is it wrong for him to sing them? It seems to me that the rest of the guys are ashamed of Creed (oh could you please give back the money you made)............Scott wrote those songs he is very proud of them. Yeah Creed was made up more from than one person.....but they sold how many 1,000's of records from those lyrics????????? Hmm reminds me of "don't bite the hand that feeds you....."

If a/b doesn't want to sing them then fine....life goes on......I see no problem in Scott doing them.
________
Enzo (car)
________
LOVE FORUM

BobbyMcGee 10-31-2004 09:19 PM

Quote:

They said it isn't fair to Scott. He should have the same respect towards them, and create something new for his solo career because I'm sure it would turn out okay.

Excuse me..........I never heard any of them say that. I seem to remember them saying in an interview (MTV to be exact) that they would never do CREED songs but if Scott wanted to they had no problem with that. In fact I believe Flip said that.................
________
Herbal Vaporizers
________
PREGNANT MOVIES

TeriB19 10-31-2004 09:32 PM

Quote:

It seems to me that the rest of the guys are ashamed of Creed (oh could you please give back the money you made)............Scott wrote those songs

Again I'll ask, where the hell are you getting this??? Where in the world is it written that they said they are ashamed of Creed??? Post proof or retract.

fluttergirl 10-31-2004 11:15 PM

Quote:

But he wrote 99.9% of the songs

Hell, just retract out of stupidity. Here, I'll use a REALLY simple explanation, k?

song - [n] a short musical composition with words; "a successful musical must have at least three good songs

Ahem. Here, allow me to draw your attention to this phrase with words
Ok. Have we got that?

99.9%? He would have to AT LEAST play an instrument. (Another hint- he doesn't.)
Let's be generous here, and say he wrote 1/4 of Creed's music. 1/4....99.9%.....Hmmmmm...
He wrote the minority. If he would like to go up there and sing with no drums, no guitar, electric or acoustic (save him learning it himself, or if theres some mystery song that Tremonti DIDNT do the guitar work on), whoopty doo. If Creed songs had just been him doing that, he would have flopped. Because, no matter what 'special meaning' (Cough*rose colored glasses *Cough) those songs held for you, he COULD not have made it purely on his vocals. Period.

This thread holds no purpose any longer. The people who love Scott Stapp religiously will find no fault in it, and the people who love AB will see no meaning in him singing the songs. It's just causing more division on this board.

Steve 11-01-2004 01:10 AM

Quote:

Yeah Creed was made up more from than one person.....but they sold how many 1,000's of records from those lyrics????????? Hmm reminds me of "don't bite the hand that feeds you....."

The lyrics would be nothing without the backing musical arrangements.

jammy123 11-01-2004 05:10 AM

absolutely

Trimontana 11-01-2004 05:36 AM

Quote:

Excuse me..........I never heard any of them say that. I seem to remember them saying in an interview (MTV to be exact) that they would never do CREED songs but if Scott wanted to they had no problem with that. In fact I believe Flip said that.................

Maybe you never heard say that to the guys cuz you just pay attention at what Stapp does....

Trimontana 11-01-2004 05:01 PM

I really donīt give a damm if Stapp sings Creed songs at his concerts, if the guys don't mind either.

Letīs be fare here for a sec and let me say that maybe Stapp wrote the lyrics for all thatīs songs but Tremonti wrote all the melodies. And what are words without a melody...is like Tremonti gave to all those words shape and life. If it wasnīt for Tremo maybe today we couldnīt listen to all that wonderful songs. With that i am not taken any merit to Stapp as a song-written. I canīt say the same about the todaysīs Stapp...and i donīt wanna say anything definite about it till i can listen to his solo album...but i donīt feel like his songs are gonna to be so touchy.

Say that there are many people defending Stapp and against AB....And for that reason i believe that all those Creed fans, and that still consider like that, and supporting right now Stapp say that i donīt think they were such a fans..cos Creed were 4 people and not just 1. Creed were four guys singing songs with meaning, deep feelings and emotions and not just a "piece of flesh".

Dogstar 11-01-2004 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
The lyrics would be nothing without the backing musical arrangements.

:thumbsup:

OneOmerta 11-01-2004 07:29 PM

Quote:

Say that there are many people defending Stapp and against AB....And for that reason i believe that all those Creed fans, and that still consider like that, and supporting right now Stapp say that i donīt think they were such a fans..cos Creed were 4 people and not just 1. Creed were four guys singing songs with meaning, deep feelings and emotions and not just a "piece of flesh".

:wtf:
I can't even understand what you are saying here LOL!

let me see if I get this right...because some people defend Stapp...they are against AB? Which I hate to tell ya...not everyone who defends Stapp is against AB. There are many people who are looking forward to both projects...and who know enough to keep their mouths shut when it comes to badmouthing band members about the separate directions these guys have chosen to go. Also...those that are supporting Stapp and not AB were not Creed fans to begin with? LMAO...too funny. I've seen posts by you that indicate that your not much of a Stapp fan yourself...so if I use your analogy...you obviously were never a Creed fan then ;)

Trimontana 11-01-2004 07:57 PM

What i am trying to say is that the most Creed fans who support Stapp arenīt AB fans...those fans support him; defending him to the point that he is almost perfect...and AB are just saying crap against him and they donīt feel proud about the past. You can check certain Stapp website to understand what i am saying.
I am not a 100% Stapp supporter, thatīs for sure, cuz i think he has second intentions in all the interviews he had made actually at the different radio stations. I feel very proud to be a Creed fan but i feel very proud to be an AB too, and i feel very offended when it comes to twist some declarations AB made. And those declarations are not accepted for those "JUST" Stapp fans.

creedlvr 11-01-2004 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trimontana
Letīs be fare here for a sec and let me say that maybe Stapp wrote the lyrics for all thatīs songs but Tremonti wrote all the melodies. And what are words without a melody...is like Tremonti gave to all those words shape and life.

I was under the impression that Scott wrote the lyrics and most of the melodies and Mark wrote the music and some of the melodies. Is that not correct?

Quote:

Creed were four guys singing songs with meaning, deep feelings and emotions and not just a "piece of flesh".
With respect to songs with meanings and deep feelings, I would relate that more to the lyrics than the music.

fluttergirl 11-01-2004 10:35 PM

Ummm, I'm not in a band, but I think the melody is written by the guitar player?
Someone who is?

Dogstar 11-01-2004 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedlvr

With respect to songs with meanings and deep feelings, I would relate that more to the lyrics than the music.

For me, the music is as much a part of the emotion and feeling as the words. Look at A Perfect Circle's cover of Imagine. By changing the focus of the music, it changed the whole vibe of the song and offered a very different mood from the original. Yes, words alone can be moving, but with music, it's the combination that creates the total package. Look at classical music. Some of that music has brought me to tears and there are no words to a lot of it. I can think of some very moving rock instrumentals as well: Metallica's Call of Ktulu and Orion, Alice In Chain's Whale & Wasp, Jerry Cantrell's Hurts, Don't It? and Mad Season's November Hotel. How about Stevie Ray Vaughn's version of Little Wing? That one sends chills down my spine.

creedlvr 11-01-2004 11:52 PM

That's very true ... often times music alone can be very moving. I guess for me, though, I tend to look to the lyrics more. I can start out not even liking a song ... and then once I hear the lyrics, if I can relate to them, I end up liking the song.

creedlvr 11-01-2004 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluttergirl
Ummm, I'm not in a band, but I think the melody is written by the guitar player?
Someone who is?

I don't think there is any set rule or anything. I think it just comes down to each group of people and what works for them. Like I said, for this particular group of people, I thought that Scott was mostly responsible for lyrics, Mark for the music and both of them for the melodies with Scott contributing to more of them.

Maybe I'm wrong ... but that was my understanding.

Dogstar 11-02-2004 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedlvr
That's very true ... often times music alone can be very moving. I guess for me, though, I tend to look to the lyrics more. I can start out not even liking a song ... and then once I hear the lyrics, if I can relate to them, I end up liking the song.

That's cool and I can understand that. It's always the music that gets me first and then the lyrics. But it's interesting how the words, once I learn them, can change the texture of a song for me and make the experience different. Music's just so damn cool :D

caseycarson 11-08-2004 06:19 PM

He was the singer of Creed....

Do you people get mad when Ozzy plays songs like Paranoid or Iron Man during his solo shows. No? Why not? Well Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi had a lot to do with those songs.

How about when Robert Plant sings Stairway to Heaven or other Zeppelin classics in his solo tours? No? Why not? Page had a lot to do with those songs.

BECAUSE THEY ARE THE VOICE OF THEIR RESPECTIVE BANDS!!!!!!

Stapp will be able to play Creed songs just as brilliantly now as he did back in the Creed days.....maybe even better. I know none of you want to admit it, but the band he is with a band now has a lot more talent than Creed EVER did. They were a great band, though.

aussiecreeder 11-09-2004 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseycarson
Do you people get mad when Ozzy plays songs like Paranoid or Iron Man during his solo shows. No? Why not? Well Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi had a lot to do with those songs.

How about when Robert Plant sings Stairway to Heaven or other Zeppelin classics in his solo tours? No? Why not? Page had a lot to do with those songs.

BECAUSE THEY ARE THE VOICE OF THEIR RESPECTIVE BANDS!!!!!!

Stapp will be able to play Creed songs just as brilliantly now as he did back in the Creed days.....maybe even better. I know none of you want to admit it, but the band he is with a band now has a lot more talent than Creed EVER did. They were a great band, though.

you had a fair point with your comparison to those bands but you blew it with that last comment. an unknown band such as goneblind has more talent than the alter bridge guys minus myles? hahhahaha
if you're talking the tea party i would admit those guys are talented (very much so) but martin is not as good as tremonti.

Jooji_2 11-09-2004 06:08 PM

Velvet Revolver played Birmingham on November 5th. I just saw the review of the concert in the Sunday edition of the News. The review said that they played both Guns N Roses tunes and Stone Temple Pilot tunes in addition to their own....and that the crowd loved it. :D

Dogstar 11-10-2004 02:41 PM

Whoopie do. Those groups (STP and GNR) had been pretty much done for years. For some of us, not enough time has passed to allow for hearing anyone but ALL the original members doing Creed stuff.

fluttergirl 11-10-2004 05:20 PM

It's like a man and a woman being married for ten years, and having a kid. Both get involved with other people, but they don't put the new person in the parental position that the other filled. A lot of fans, myself included, are merely wishing there was some time, for it to heal a little bit before they hear someone else playing Creeds music with Stapp, thats all. We're not saying 10 years from now it shouldnt be allowed.

Jooji_2 11-10-2004 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Whoopie do. Those groups (STP and GNR) had been pretty much done for years. For some of us, not enough time has passed to allow for hearing anyone but ALL the original members doing Creed stuff.

To each his or her own....if you don't want to hear it don't buy the record and don't attend the concerts...No one is going to force you to listen to anyone playing anything by Creed if you you don't wish to.

Dogstar 11-10-2004 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jooji_2
To each his or her own....

Exactly.

Your comparison wasn't a good one, IMO, because as I said, those groups were done for a while. I agree with Fluttergirl. Let some time pass for those of us who aren't ready to hear anyone but Creed do Creed.

Jooji_2 11-11-2004 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Exactly.

Your comparison wasn't a good one, IMO, because as I said, those groups were done for a while. I agree with Fluttergirl. Let some time pass for those of us who aren't ready to hear anyone but Creed do Creed.

Actually A Greatest Hits compilation called "Thank You" was released by Stone Temple Pilots on November 11, 2003. I believe that was a year ago today. So actually its been longer than that since anyone has heard Creed play Creed.

fluttergirl 11-11-2004 05:25 PM

Youre not getting it. STP was an awesome band. I think I even have one of their CDs.
Creed was a much more powerful band in the effect it had on people. I cant even count how many ppl have said that Creed changed their lives. That they broke up and with other people we can accept. That the other people would recreate Creed, even for a few songs, without it being Crred leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.
It has nothing to do with facts or CD releases, it has to do with emotions and time.

Dogstar 11-11-2004 05:26 PM

Quote:

Actually A Greatest Hits compilation called "Thank You" was released by Stone Temple Pilots on November 11, 2003. I believe that was a year ago today. So actually its been longer than that since anyone has heard Creed play Creed.

Durrrr. I'm talking about the actual breakup and you know that is the sore point with a lot of Creed fans. And that's been since June. It's still too new. How many times do you need it explained to you? You keep coming up with such lame situations to back up your opinion. Give it up. I'm happy you want to hear Creed played by whoever. I don't.

Bridge of Clay 11-12-2004 06:22 AM

I'm not losing my time with them, Kerry...

TeriB19 11-12-2004 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
I'm not losing my time with them, Kerry...

It is pretty pointless Marcos. Like banging your head against the wall. You know I'm a Stapp fan, but he is fallable like the rest of us. Unfortunately they don't see it that way.

Jooji_2 11-12-2004 04:59 PM

The thing is....if you don't want to hear him play Creed songs...then
DON'T GO TO SEE HIM IN CONCERT!

I don't believe he's made any statement that he is re-recording Creed songs and putting them on his solo album...so if you don't want to hear it..just don't seem him live.

If the decision to play Creed tunes is a turn off, I'm sure he will hear about it...actually I'm guessing he already knows what kind of reaction those comments are getting. And if that decision turns on him, or maybe I should say, turns out to be a BAD decision....he'll deal with it.

fluttergirl 11-12-2004 05:03 PM

Still not getting it there, dear. It's not that we wont go see him, or not buy his CD. Its that we listened to him with the other guys in Creed for so long, and it hurts that he has already found replacements, less than a year after the breakup. I haven't seen him in concert, and I'm hurt by it. You dont have to personally be present for something to affect you. This rubs me the wrong way, and not going to a concert isn't going to change it, its a matter of principle.

Jooji_2 11-12-2004 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluttergirl
Still not getting it there, dear. It's not that we wont go see him, or not buy his CD. Its that we listened to him with the other guys in Creed for so long, and it hurts that he has already found replacements, less than a year after the breakup. I haven't seen him in concert, and I'm hurt by it. You dont have to personally be present for something to affect you. This rubs me the wrong way, and not going to a concert isn't going to change it, its a matter of principle.

And Alter Bridge didn't find a replacement? :confused: Geez there were celebrations in the streets when Tremonti and Phillips placed an ad for a new singer. Actually there were people here batting around band names like "Stapp-Free" and such. Kennedy was on board long before a breakup was even mentioned. So can I be hurt too? They had to find a singer....Stapp has to find a new band. Like I said, if there are negative repercussions from the decision, he will deal with it. It's not like controversy surrounding everything he does isn't what he expects. But if it makes people feel better to be hurt then go right ahead. Whatever floats your boat or rubs you the wrong way. Some people just simply aren't as upset over it as others.

Steve 11-12-2004 05:40 PM

Quote:

And Alter Bridge didn't find a replacement? :confused: Geez there were celebrations in the streets when Tremonti and Phillips placed an ad for a new singer. Actually there were people here batting around band names like "Stapp-Free" and such. Kennedy was on board long before a breakup was even mentioned. So can I be hurt too? They had to find a singer....Stapp has to find a new band. Like I said, if there are negative repercussions from the decision, he will deal with it. It's not like controversy surrounding everything he does isn't what he expects. But if it makes people feel better to be hurt then go right ahead. Whatever floats your boat or rubs you the wrong way. Some people just simply aren't as upset over it as others.

Again, you aren't getting the point. The issue isn't about Stapp finding a new band, or "ex-Creed" guys finding a new singer. It's about performing Creed songs with a band that is not 100% Creed so early on after the breakup. I may be wrong, but I think the point that fluttergirl was making was that Stapp found replacements to perform Creed songs - as he said they'd perform Creed songs live. Not just the simple fact that Stapp found a band to back him.

If Alter Bridge started performing Creed songs right now, I would be upset as well. I think it would be cool to hear Myles sing a Creed song or two, but not now. It's just not right.

fluttergirl 11-12-2004 05:45 PM

No. Alter Bridge made a new band, with new music, they did not find a new lead singer to play Creed songs.
Be upset that the band broke up? Sure. Be hurt. Lots of people were and a lot of people are. Thats the whole point. And how does it make people feel better to feel hurt? Thats an oxymoron, its impossible.
Its not that they are with other people. AB is making NEW music. Stapp is making new music, but I cant understand why he's playing Creed songs at this point in time. If he wanted to do it for the Creed fans, why didnt he write a new song, and make it sound like Creed? Thats what aB did with OYE and others on ODR.
i dont know what else to say. Ive explained it the best I can. Unless youre intentionally not understanding my side. In which case, I give up. I'm not asking you to agree, nor would I ever expect you to.