CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   some info about 'Nothing' (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6612)

jarofsap 05-17-2004 09:40 AM

some info about 'Nothing'

some of you may already be aware of this quote, but I'll post it anyways. Mark Tremonti did a promotional interview for Weathered in the January 2002 issue of Guitar One Magazine. During the interview, he was asked if there would be any cool solo's on the new record.

This is his reply:

"My biggest solo actually got left off the album! It's on a song called "Nothing." It's trance-y, dark, eerie song. The first line of it goes, "Every day the same, every night alone with my bottle." It's a pretty dreary tune that didn't have anything to do with us, so we decided it didn't fit. But the solo even had tapping in it. It's a really cool song that'll be a b-side."

Shadow 05-17-2004 11:04 AM

From what I remember, there were never any lyrics written for "Nothing". The music was done, but Scott never wrote the lyrics. Michael posted something about that song here a while ago.

jarofsap 05-17-2004 12:11 PM

hmmm, well that's interesting.. Maybe that line was just an idea tossed around during the writing process.

Alter Shredder 05-17-2004 05:14 PM

could we see this song appear as an alterbridge song you think?

Higher_Desire 05-17-2004 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iced

That's exactly what I was just wondering...

H-D :dead:

aussiecreeder 05-18-2004 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iced

considering that it was a b-side to weathered and scott probably has written and recorded lyrics for the song i think it will be on the anthology that will probably be out by christmas. i have never read that quote before very interestering.

jarofsap 05-18-2004 09:36 AM

I remember reading that there were 13 songs written for Weathered, but two got left off the album because of time. I'm assuming one of those songs is 'Nothing,' but I haven't heard much about the other. I was once at an obscure message board and read that the other song is called 'Blue Diamond,' but I'm pretty sure that's just a stupid rumor.

Shadow 05-18-2004 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
considering that it was a b-side to weathered and scott probably has written and recorded lyrics for the song i think it will be on the anthology that will probably be out by christmas. i have never read that quote before very interestering.

Scott has never recorded any vocals for Nothing.

This was posted by Michael on 12-17-03 on this BB:

Nothing was actually a song recorded for Weathered that was never finished. It was recorded musically but Stapp never recorded the vocals. It is a long, very moody, dark song kind of similar to Who's Got My Back. It also has a long solo that Mark has always said was one of his best.

Michael

Here is the link for that thread Nothing

jarofsap 05-18-2004 03:02 PM

What about that other unreleased song that was written for Weathered? Does anybody know anything about it?

shiver 05-19-2004 01:55 AM

Now just because the vocals weren't recorded that doesn't mean that the lyrics weren't written. They could have said " Ah, bleep it. We got our songs, make it a b side we'll get it later." You know?

Trees of Wisdom 05-19-2004 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarofsap
What about that other unreleased song that was written for Weathered? Does anybody know anything about it?

Wasn't the song called "Do It All Over"?

aussiecreeder 05-19-2004 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
Wasn't the song called "Do It All Over"?

i think do it all over is a really early song pre-MOP!

thanks for posting that quote from michael shadow i had forgetten about that! they would have to go and add those vocals surely?

some info about nothing

noth·ing ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nthng)
pron.
No thing; not anything: The box contained nothing. I've heard nothing about it.
No part; no portion: Nothing remains of the old house but the cellar hole.
One of no consequence, significance, or interest: The new nonsmoking policy is nothing to me.

n.
Something that has no existence.
Something that has no quantitative value; zero: a score of two to nothing.
One that has no substance or importance; a nonentity: “A nothing is a dreadful thing to hold onto” (Edna O'Brien).

adj.
Insignificant or worthless: “the utterly nothing role of a wealthy suitor” (Bosley Crowther).

adv.
In no way or degree; not at all: She looks nothing like her sister.

Idioms:
for nothing
Free of charge.
To no avail: all that trouble for nothing.
For no reason: fired him for nothing.
in nothing flat
In very little time; very quickly.
nothing doing Informal
Certainly not.

bgivens33 05-24-2004 09:30 PM

nothing was written in the mop days... I distinctly remember hearing it played at early early concerts. i then later confirmed it through my guitar teacher who is good buddies and still very much in touch with john kurzweg.

Unforgiven Fan 06-11-2004 11:20 PM

maybe they will put nothing on the complication as a instrumental??? they would be awesome...