CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   should alterbridge do creed covers on tour? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6615)

aussiecreeder 05-19-2004 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
And that is a good thing!

i honestly can't understand the prohibition towards Alter Bridge covering Creed! I know its the past and there were the issues with Brian but there must be some happy memories and some great songs there! :(

Dogstar 05-19-2004 09:17 PM

I would think they'd want to move forward and make it on their new music, not live in the past. It's a new chapter for all of them.

aussiecreeder 05-19-2004 09:22 PM

Quote:

I would think they'd want to move forward and make it on their new music, not live in the past. It's a new chapter for all of them.

yeah i can understand that but as i stated earlier other bands cover their former groups (and one is their old band with a new singer) and its not merely trading on the past. they are going to have play covers anyway with only 15 songs to choose from! metallica covers? :D

Dogstar 05-19-2004 09:56 PM

Heh, they could be like APC and do some Ozzy. That's what they did on their first tour with NIN...:D

aussiecreeder 05-19-2004 10:07 PM

Quote:

Heh, they could be like APC and do some Ozzy. That's what they did on their first tour with NIN...:D

hey some Black Sabbath would be sweet! :D

how bout?

Iron Maiden
Led Zeppelin
Metallica
Aerosmith (old stuff only no dodgy new crap) :)
Soundgarden (if myles doesn't mind)

if they want a 20 song set then they need some covers!

Shadow 05-19-2004 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiver
Stapp didn't make Creed, everybody else did. You could put anybody else with a raspy voice in his place and it would work.

You are sooo clueless. There wouldn't be a Creed without Scott Stapp. He wrote 95% of the lyrics for MOP. So your comment "everybody else did" means Stapp had nothing to do with it :wtf:

Quote:

And to respond about who made Creed, their are quite a few people on this board, so in love with Stapp that they think he is Creed. Wake up folks.

Again, you are sooo clueless. Everyone on this board knows that Scott Stapp is not Creed. Creed is/was Scott, Mark, Flip (and Brian). So, I think your comment is way off base. You should wake up.

creedsister 05-20-2004 12:44 AM

Quote:

Okay, first off, Stapp isn't all that great. I used to stick up for him when everyone said Creed, specifically Stapp, was a Pearl Jam rip-off. After seeing him on some of these TV appearances and interviews and such, I think the guy is a jerk, and all he's after is to be a rock star. When I heard about AB, or Stappless Creed, I thought this is cool. Stapp didn't make Creed, everybody else did. You could put anybody else with a raspy voice in his place and it would work. I haven''t had the opputunity to listen to Myles yet, but from what everybody says he's awesome, and he's a good guy. Stapp MIGHT have been in '97, but he's not now.

SHUT THE HELL UP, AFTER TO BE A ROCK STAR, WHO IN THE HELL WOULD NOT WANNA BE, FRICKING MORON, :mad1:

Dogstar 05-20-2004 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
hey some Black Sabbath would be sweet! :D

how bout?

Iron Maiden
Led Zeppelin
Metallica
Aerosmith (old stuff only no dodgy new crap) :)
Soundgarden (if myles doesn't mind)

if they want a 20 song set then they need some covers!

I'm liking those suggestions! Mark's a big Metallica fan, too, so that would be really cool. APC did a part of Master of Puppets when they were messing around at the end of one of their shows :D. Anything's possible ;).

aussiecreeder 05-20-2004 01:20 AM

Quote:

I'm liking those suggestions! Mark's a big Metallica fan, too, so that would be really cool. APC did a part of Master of Puppets when they were messing around at the end of one of their shows :D. Anything's possible ;).

yeah a Metallica cover or two is highly probable and this Metalingus might have a Metallica (early stuff) sound to it you never know. How bout Zep's Dazed and Confused? Myles could nail Plants vocal style......

Unforgiven Fan 05-20-2004 01:52 PM

okay so alterbridge is the 3 good guys of creed...so therefore they should, if they want, play anything from the begining of Creed to Brian leaving....

Dogstar 05-20-2004 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unforgiven Fan
okay so alterbridge is the 3 good guys of creed...so therefore they should, if they want, play anything from the begining of Creed to Brian leaving....

Creed is not Creed without all of them. So, no, they shouldn't play any Creed. I think it would hurt them more than help them. There are too many Scott S. fans who would be offended by their playing Creed songs, at least at the outset.

aussiecreeder 05-20-2004 11:12 PM

Velvet Revolver have covered GNR and STP multiple times and its no problem. in fact whenever they have pulled out "sexy type thing" or "mr.brownstone" that crowd has erupted far more than VR orignals that the crowd don't know so well if it all.

Obviously AB is not VR but there is a precedent that shows its not really that big of a deal. i would love some creed and mf4 covers but according to michael at least the creed covers will not be happening so we are beating a dead horse.

about creed copping crap and not wanting to relieve that surely there must be some happy memories? there would be no alter bridge without creed.

using the VR analogy again there would be Axl fans who don't like VR covering GNR but its VR who is more like GNR then GNR and they are doing a great job.

Dogstar 05-20-2004 11:51 PM

Well, I qualified my stance by saying *at the outset*. I think it's too soon right now.

creedsister 05-20-2004 11:56 PM

Quote:

Creed is not Creed without all of them. So, no, they shouldn't play any Creed. I think it would hurt them more than help them. There are too many Scott S. fans who would be offended by their playing Creed songs, at least at the outset.

Your Damn Right just aint cool

aussiecreeder 05-21-2004 12:02 AM

Quote:

Well, I qualified my stance by saying *at the outset*. I think it's too soon right now.

true you did say that but the VR analogy still stands, they don't even have an album out yet!