CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Scott Stapp and....Jamie Foxx? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7031)

creedsister 07-09-2004 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
yeah we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

its getting hot in here and i want to take off all of my clothes.... :D

Go Righttttttttttt Ahead!!!!!! ;)

aussiecreeder 07-09-2004 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedsister
Go Righttttttttttt Ahead!!!!!! ;)

okay.... :D

ctfan 07-09-2004 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiclover291
Good point I just have this feeling that his project is going to be great. I have respect for the fact he trying something new with new people.

Right, he's trying something different...with different people. I realize this isn't a Jamie Foxx message board or Slash :) We all know what kind of music Slash is famous for, and Foxx has put out on cd already (I think it's been several years ago though)....so maybe ALL of them wanted to work and get different input.

Maybe Foxx wanted to see what Stapp and Slash had to offer...and vice versa :D. Well, anyway...I think it's great.

aussiecreeder 07-09-2004 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfan
Right, he's trying something different...with different people. I realize this isn't a Jamie Foxx message board or Slash :) We all know what kind of music Slash is famous for, and Foxx has put out on cd already (I think it's been several years ago though)....so maybe ALL of them wanted to work and get different input.

Maybe Foxx wanted to see what Stapp and Slash had to offer...and vice versa :D. Well, anyway...I think it's great.

i'm sure he has a fair idea what stapp and slash have to offer. has to be good for sales having those names involved, who would care otherwise?

Bridge of Clay 07-09-2004 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Marcos - I'm shaking my finger at you :nono: - shame on you :D .

Here I go again - in Scott's defense - I'm pretty sure the absolute final decision to end Creed was made AFTER that interview. That's not to say there wasn't "trouble in paradise" before then, because there was.

They knew it was over. Everybody here knew it since November. And if you look to Stapp's body language, you can tell he (white) lied. Look how he stares up and left. That's when you lie.

BUT, in Stapp's deffense, I can't nor will blame him. It was just a PR job. At the time of the interview, the break-up couldn't be revealed. So he was right to keep the official word: extended break.

I dunno why they took so much time to announce it, though.

Robyn, I was just teasin' you! :D

musiclover291 07-09-2004 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
They knew it was over. Everybody here knew it since November. And if you look to Stapp's body language, you can tell he (white) lied. Look how he stares up and left. That's when you lie.

BUT, in Stapp's deffense, I can't nor will blame him. It was just a PR job. At the time of the interview, the break-up couldn't be revealed. So he was right to keep the official word: extended break.

I dunno why they took so much time to announce it, though.

I am still confused about that because in the Mtv interview Mark said they didn't decide to break up until he starting working with Myles and like the vibe and it had been 4 months since the break up so if they revealed it June 4th it was in late February early March they actually broke up and then it seems that Stapp wanted a break to pursue his solo career and acting and Flip and Mark approached him about breaking up completely. So in Stapp's defense he may have been telling the truth. Although, I agree he was putting a PR spin on things which was smart I think his approach was better because it gives the members a chance to pursue their careers without in negative feedback from the press or fans. I know some people are not going to like what I'm saying and I love all the members of Creed but Mark and Flip approach by airing Stapp's dirty laundry on Mtv and Michael getting on the boards revealing things that we did not need to know has put a rift in fans because when I visit the boards alot of fans either blame Stapp or Mark for the break up and I think that this hurts all the members at the end. Also I notice later in some interviews that Mark and Flip tried to back down and say it was not Stapp fault for the break up but the damage has already has been done. It is really very interesting to see how it will all play out at the end.

Shadow 07-09-2004 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay

I know! :kiss: I didn't take it any other way.

Everyone knew what was going on. But I just don't think it was 100% yet. Scott was very nervous on Craig Kilborn, his hands were shaking. He knew he was going to get asked about Creed.

Sheila63 07-09-2004 04:06 PM

Quote:

Here I go again - in Scott's defense - I'm pretty sure the absolute final decision to end Creed was made AFTER that interview. That's not to say there wasn't "trouble in paradise" before then, because there was.

I'm with ya, Robyn. And even if he did know, and notice I said IF, can you imagine if he came out on national televsion and said they were broken up!! Besides all of that, there were probably legal reasons why he couldn't say anything. Just my :2cents:

As for Scott and Jamie Foxx, I believe it when Scott said he isn't a rapper. I think it's great that he working with different people and I'm anxious to hear his new songs on The Passion cd as well as his solo cd.

Marcos, you're such a kidder. ;)

revisfoot 07-09-2004 04:28 PM

Actually, I'm kind of anticipating Stapp's solo album because of the sound he's trying to project. I mean, he's trying to mix his influences -- Zepplin, The Doors, U2 -- with a new type of sound. Something that rocks your fists and thumps your speakers. It will be interesting. And, with The Tea Party playing the instruments, now THAT will be a thing to behold. I mean, Jeff Martin is a force to be reckoned with!!

Go Stapp!
Go Tea Party!

Bridge of Clay 07-09-2004 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheila63
I'm with ya, Robyn. And even if he did know, and notice I said IF, can you imagine if he came out on national televsion and said they were broken up!!!

Now that would be funny!!! He'd steal Mark's thunder!!! LOL!

Shadow 07-09-2004 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revisfoot
Actually, I'm kind of anticipating Stapp's solo album because of the sound he's trying to project. I mean, he's trying to mix his influences -- Zepplin, The Doors, U2 -- with a new type of sound. Something that rocks your fists and thumps your speakers. It will be interesting. And, with The Tea Party playing the instruments, now THAT will be a thing to behold. I mean, Jeff Martin is a force to be reckoned with!!

Go Stapp!
Go Tea Party!

Don't get Scott's collaboration with The Tea Party mixed up with his solo effort. If I remember correctly, The Tea Party worked with Scott only on his contribution (Relearn Love) to the Passion of the Christ CD due out in August. Scott's Zep/Doors mix is referring to his solo effort due out on a date still TBD.

aussiecreeder 07-09-2004 11:36 PM

Quote:

Don't get Scott's collaboration with The Tea Party mixed up with his solo effort. If I remember correctly, The Tea Party worked with Scott only on his contribution (Relearn Love) to the Passion of the Christ CD due out in August. Scott's Zep/Doors mix is referring to his solo effort due out on a date still TBD.

i'm really confused here as to what songs the tea party are involved in and to what extent such as has scott wrote the music.

Shadow 07-10-2004 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
i'm really confused here as to what songs the tea party are involved in and to what extent such as has scott wrote the music.

Don't be confused :)

As of right now, The Tea Party worked with Scott on his Relearn Love song, which will be the first single off the Passion of the Christ CD. They were in the recording studio with Scott. So, I'm assuming that means they played on the song, as well as probably doing back-up vocals.

Any further collaboration was depending on The Tea Party's touring schedule.

Creed_Defaultgirl 07-10-2004 12:32 AM

At the beginning of the thread, I got the vibe that people thought I wasn't supporting Scott. I want you all to know, I support Scott, and I trust that he'll make the right decisions, but I don't like rap. I KNOW (K-N-O-W) that he will not rap, so please don't try to tell me that, BUT here's my problem..........I wan't to have everything Scott does, because I love his voice....but if it's going to have a bunch of rap/hiphop and junk like that on the rest of the album, I don't really want to spend the money on something that won't be very long in Scott's case, plus stuff other than Scott's stuff I probably won't care for. That's the reason I said I wished he would just get on an album with just good ole rock n roll, that way I'd be happy with all of it, rather than a few songs. Plus it doesn't help that I'm not a person of change. Call me dull, but if it's possible, I don't want to venture too far into the ocean, I'd rather sit on my island.
But Go for it Scott, just make it good!

revisfoot 07-10-2004 01:18 AM

Oh...

So, The Tea Party won't be on Stapp's solo record? Man...

BTW...have any of you listened to the Tea Party? These guys are awesome!! Check out "Walking Wounded" or "Heaven Coming Down" by these guys!

Also -- Creed_DefaultGirl,

I understand what you're saying! I'd prefer to stay on my little island as well. I'm not big on a whole lot of the commercial music out there, and so I only listen to the things I like...which DO vary in sound...but anyways, girl, I'm with you!!