CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What If There Was No Tomorrow? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=906)

hayley 12-13-2002 10:36 PM

What If There Was No Tomorrow?

I know that this made Marlsy sad, but i think it would be a good and very interesting conversation.

What would you do, if you knew that there would be no tomorrow?

What would you do, for a whole day, knowing that there would be no tomorrow?

:P

Very interesting.....

hotforscott 12-13-2002 10:46 PM

It's like that poem for kids called "A prayer for a child". The message is to let you know that you should let the little things slide, like dishes, and laundry and spend time with your child. I will post it. It's really sweet.

Here it is:

Just for this morning, I am going to smile when I see your face and laugh when I feel like crying. Just for this morning, I will let you choose what you want to wear, and smile and say how perfect it is.
Just for this morning, I am going to step over the laundry, and pick you up and take you to the park to play.
Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes in the sink, and let you teach me how to put that puzzle of yours together.

Just for this afternoon, I will unplug the telephone, keep the computer off, and sit with you in the backyard and blow bubbles.

Just for this afternoon, I will not yell once, not even a tiny grumble when you scream and whine for the ice cream truck, and I will buy you one if he comes by.

Just for this afternoon, I will not worry about what you are going to be when you grow up, or second-guess every decision I have made where you are concerned.

Just for this afternoon, I will let you help me bake cookies, and I will not stand over you trying to fix them.

Just for this afternoon, I will take us both to McDonald's and buy us both a Happy Meal so we can have both toys.

Just for this evening, I will hold you in my arms and tell you a story about how you were born and how much I love you.

Just for this evening, I will let you splash in the tub and not get angry.

Just for this evening, I will let you stay up late while we sit on the porch and count all the stars.

Just for this evening, I will snuggle beside you for hours, and miss my favorite TV shows.

Just for this evening when I run my finger through your hair as you pray, I will simply be grateful that God has given me the greatest gift ever given.

I will think about the mothers and fathers who are searching for their missing children, the mothers and fathers who are visiting their children's graves instead of their bedrooms, and the mothers and fathers who are in hospital rooms watching their children suffer senselessly, and screaming inside they can't handle it anymore.

And when I kiss you goodnight, I will hold you a little tighter, a little longer. It is then, that I will thank God for you, and ask him for nothing, except one more day.

hayley 12-13-2002 10:52 PM

wow that was beautiful.

TeriB19 12-13-2002 10:57 PM

That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. Thank you so much, Carrie, for sharing that with us. I need to follow that much more often than I do.

marlsy 12-13-2002 11:19 PM

Wow, that really is beautiful!! I need to do just that more often. If there was no tomorrow, I would spend every single minute of today with my girls.

hayley 12-13-2002 11:21 PM

yes and seeing that i don't have any children,;) then i would spend the day with faceless kiwi.:P Cauze he means the world to me:D and family of course.

Mulletman 12-13-2002 11:38 PM

time to load up on ammo and weapons...... for the people that pissed me off all my life.....

i'll be damned if im going peacefully

souldancer 12-13-2002 11:38 PM

I think that is a valuable question and a beautiful poem - thanks.
I would start the day by greeting the sunrise with a nice cup of coffee and scone at the river; go for a walk and create my last day's tight intinerary; tell special people those important things and forgive a couple that I still have trouble with; brush my cat, sort through and deystroy some private journals; drive to the Berkely Marina and fly a kite. Have some clam chowder and write my 'last letter about life'; headbang to Santana and Creed on the pier; Stop at 4th street and have some midafternoon tea and chocolate-make a list of gratitudes. Drive west to Bodega Bay, take the long route through SF to see the city. Stop by the wharf and pick up a bottle of nice red wine and some sour French bread. Head to the picnic table. Make some other phone calls and share unsaid words. Listen to some oldies,,,,Crosby Stills and Nash, Van Morrison, Credence,CR Eagle, Fleetwood, Beatles,,,Feed the gulls. Meet some friends and go for a walk on the beach - talk about life, cry, laugh, dance and watch the sun set. Let the night unfold with contentment.

TeriB19 12-13-2002 11:43 PM

See Mullet, there were no weapons in that day at all!!!

That sounds like a great day.

souldancer 12-13-2002 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mulletman
time to load up on ammo and weapons...... for the people that pissed me off all my life.....

...and what do you have planned for the others?

* * runs quickly away so as not to piss him off * *

DangerousDan85 12-13-2002 11:56 PM

I would have lived a sad, painful, and pointless life

hayley 12-13-2002 11:57 PM

bullshit lol

DangerousDan85 12-14-2002 12:01 AM

and sometimes humorous

hayley 12-14-2002 12:02 AM

lol yeah that's better:P

DangerousDan85 12-14-2002 12:03 AM

:lol:

hayley 12-14-2002 12:07 AM

lol see your life is fiiiiiiine..hehe

DangerousDan85 12-14-2002 12:08 AM

it's ok, it would be better if I didn't puke everyday, but it's still fun.

hayley 12-14-2002 12:12 AM

yeah true i couldn't imagine what that would be like, not pretty i would imagine, but my sympathy is with you...:P i gtg now talk to you later...bye!:angel:

DangerousDan85 12-14-2002 12:13 AM

bye

Xterminator27 12-14-2002 12:16 AM

Everything you do and accomplish will only be a memory, everything u do will just be a memory as soon as your done.

hotforscott 12-14-2002 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TeriB19
That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. Thank you so much, Carrie, for sharing that with us. I need to follow that much more often than I do.

Me, too. It makes you realize what is important. We all let it get away from us sometimes.

souldancer 12-14-2002 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xterminator27
Everything you do and accomplish will only be a memory, everything u do will just be a memory as soon as your done.

yes.,,,good to practice being "present" to the moment - and a little less focused on presents. Our precious moments and what we choose to do with them are the real gifts in life.

Mulletman 12-14-2002 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by souldancer
...and what do you have planned for the others?

* * runs quickly away so as not to piss him off * *

that for the people that picked on me at school and in life. the rest will have undying love...till the end

GoodGodGirl23 12-14-2002 02:50 PM

If there was gonna be no more Tomorrows... I wouldn't have to wake up suffering with freaken MIGRAINS anymore....:) ;) :cool: ...but boohoo on no more tomorrows:( :embarass: :eek: .. cuz den no more Creedfeed:( :embarass: :eek:

hayley 12-14-2002 04:30 PM

yeah true and no more creed....lol i didn't mean to make people sad, i just wanted to make us all realise that we should be spending more time and doing the things that we love more because at any moment it could all end.

souldancer 12-14-2002 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mulletman
the rest will have undying love...till the end

Beautiful!

JenRN 12-14-2002 11:20 PM

I would surround myself with the ones I love. I would also take a walk in a quiet serene place probably near water, and just look at the beauty around me in nature. I would eat all the foods I love and have a long chat with a dear friend. Then I would take a ride on a horse through the woods to a open area and lye on a blanket and write a letter to everyone I love to give them something to have of my thoughts of them. Finally I would want to fall asleep in the arms of a man who loves me and dream sweet thoughts until the end!

souldancer 12-14-2002 11:52 PM

Jen, your last line really got me - tears of heaven. Beautiful!

JenRN 12-14-2002 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by souldancer
Jen, your last line really got me - tears of heaven. Beautiful!

:D ;) I get really sentimental sometimes!

GoodGodGirl23 12-15-2002 12:09 AM

No more tomorrows?? Means no more seeing my 7 year old grandson Blake get even taller than he already is!!!:( :embarass: Awwwww!!!!!!!:wtf: :thud:

hotforscott 12-15-2002 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JenRN
I would surround myself with the ones I love.  I would also take a walk in a quiet serene place probably near water, and just look at the beauty around me in nature.  I would eat all the foods I love and have a long chat with a dear friend.  Then I would take a ride on a horse through the woods to a open area and lye on a blanket and write a letter to everyone I love to give them something to have of my thoughts of them.  Finally I would want to fall asleep in the arms of a man who loves me and dream sweet thoughts until the end!

Gosh, that sounds perfect. It does bring a tear to my eye.

Xterminator27 12-16-2002 03:15 PM

But what if the world ended and you didnt know?
There are many things we DO not know. Many things Others know but do not tell us in case of panic,... heres what i DO know.

Its odd as how an atom with 1 proton orbiting it can be hydrogen and an atom with 3 protosn can be something COMPLETLY DIFFERENT.

And yes peopel you CAN turn led into gold, infact you can "Possibly" Turn AYTHING Into Anything.

Although we must be carefull as how far we are looking into this, with all that cloning stuff and stem cell things, right now we could actually "Grow" a Brain or a human being. BUT we have no idea what that may efect or cause. We may create some super-natural being that will ultamitly kills us all off.
Also they possibly could clone dinosaurs if they put enough money and effor into it. Youve seen Jarrasic park. What happens if one of these Dinosaurs comes out differently then we thought? We have no idea what were getten ourslefes into here. It would be wise to stay out of it,

BUT humans in general are stupid. Simple as that. A person is smart, but people are stupid. People are panicy dont think and do stupid things in time of the crisis that we put on ourslefs.

We are pouring tons of carbon Diozxide into our atrmosphere. as soem may know carbon dioxide is what keeps us alive, because it traps in heat. We keep doing this and theres gona be WAY to much Carbon Dioxide in our atmosphere and ice caps gona melt, oceans gona rise. whole climate cycles gona shatter.

Litle bugs die, Small creatures live off little bugs, they die, bigger creatures live off smaller creatures, they die. and we live of bigegr creatures... we die.

Also. At ANYTIME any WHERE we coudl all just Die Like That. Theres liek aLOT of astroids i out there, and all its takes is oen half-a kilometer astroid to kill us all. So what do we do about it? NOTHING. We COULD put billions of dollars into this and crate ways of saving ourselfs, but we dont. Why>? Because people are stupid! It happend to teh dinosausres its gona happen to us. Its not IF it happens its when.

Also. Our OZONE layer is being ripped apar was we speek, that layer of Ozone. Is being "Ripped" apart and large holes are breaking into it. That layer turns the suns Ultraviolent Radioactive rays into nice harmless heat rays. Teh ozones is falling apart and the sun rays cause skin caner because it basically mutates ur skin cells and makes em into caner cells. Its may be only 100 peopel ding this year, but in the next hundred years and this keeps happening......

ALSO. We are Cuttin gdown our Trees. we NEED those trees! Trees make Air! We NEED air! Yet every second we cut down 4 football fealds of trees. And for WHAT? Paper, Desks and otehr wood stuff. Our trees die, we die.

ALSO. The main one of our Supreme stupidity Is WAR. We are figjting with oursefes here. Fighting over write and wrong. Fighting over differences, Fighting over Greed. We are makeing Mass devastatin weponds like Nukes and VX gas. Right now he have enough nukes to end life on earth 8 times. yet we still maek em. IF we ever have a nuclear war its goan be liek this. HE shoots nuke, they shoot nukes. We ALL die. Shure we could blow up their side of the planet. But ultamitly that will kill US to. VX gas is a gas that is SO toxic that 10Mg (Raindrop weighs 80mg) will kill u. So 1Eights of a raindrop and ur dead. They pour this into citys and there wont be a single living thing left. Btw While were killen ourslefs some alien race thinsg gona come up and be like "oh these people are dumb... lets kill them!" Theyll shoot whatever they have, well all die THE END. Everything weve done. for NOTHING everything weve acomplished. FOR NOTHING. EVRY HISTORICAL THING, EVERY EARNIN GEVERY STRUGGLE.

FOR NOTHING>

So I say. WHY CANT WE FIX OURSLEFS!??!
I wish i could help but all we can do is wait.
The peopel with all the power are the peopel who do not care.
Right now MONEY owns the world. Our world is RUNNED by money. people kill for money, people die for money. people do Many horrible things for money. Just WHY cant We see whats REALLY happenng and SAVE OurSelfs FROM ourslefs!!

Wow that was a pritty long post. Hmm I hope oneday we will see the truth and fix teh world....but i think ill be waiting a looooong time.. In the mean time all we can do is wait, be happy and enjoy our lives as we have em!:dancing: :bounce:

Unforgiven Fan 12-16-2002 06:02 PM

I may have a different view on this but if I knew that there would be no tomorrow I would be just fine with it. Maybe because I have accepted that death is all part of life and I will die anyway so it does not scare me one bit. Accepting death means you have accepting life....

Xterminator27 12-16-2002 07:25 PM

lol ive accpeted death as soon as i found out of how fast we will al lactually die. I mean theres nothe nu can do so mind as well make the best of what you have!:dancing:

Mulletman 12-16-2002 11:18 PM

as soon as you're born you start to die....

Altair 12-16-2002 11:53 PM

No tomorrow?

Yesterday, today was tomorrow...here and now is all that we can be.

For one, I don't believe in tomorrow. On a more simplistic note, all we have is right now. Look around and get used to it. It's all you've got, had, and will ever have. Tomorrow is just a vision, but right now is your chance to turn visions into realities.

Addicted...you're right: at any moment it could all end which is all the more reason to seize the moment all the time.

JenRN, I hope you are able to surround yourself with loved ones as much as possible because that is most important and the more it happens, the more life's magic is released.

And, to those of you thinking about death, having already accepted death, or whatever, I'd like to suggest that death is just an instant at the end of a long amount of time of something called life. You say we're in a state of dieing? I see it more as a state of living.

Xterminator27 12-17-2002 03:05 PM

We constantly live in the past and it is impossible to see the future or present. Everytjing we see is light that has already bounced off something that already moved. Everything we hear is sound coming from something that already made that sound. everything we feel is feelin that comes to us AFTER we actually touch it. No matter what we are living in the past. When u see soemthing move tha tthing has already moved before you actually saw it.

Read JDM 12-17-2002 10:08 PM

Re: What If There Was No Tomorrow?

Quote:

Originally posted by addicted2stapp
What would you do, for a whole day, knowing that there would be no tomorrow?

I'm not sure I believe in "tomorrow."

hotforscott 12-17-2002 10:16 PM

Re: Re: What If There Was No Tomorrow?

Quote:

Originally posted by Read JDM
<b>I'm not sure I believe in "tomorrow." </b>

is it because it quickly becomes today? or because you live each day to the fullest? Or is it just that you don't want to think like that?

JenRN 12-17-2002 10:38 PM

In the line of work I am in, all I have to say is that it has taught me one thing. Life your life to the fullest everyday, DON"T wait to do the things you want, DO THEM NOW!!!! You will never know when you could be in an accident or get some horrible disease. Look at September 11, now that was an eye opener, NEVER leave anything unsaid to those you love, if you love them TELL THEM!!!!!! You never know if it will be your last chance! When I lost so many family members this year, I can honestly say I had NO REGRETS!!!! I always made the time to call, and told them I loved them on a constant basis, so when they died yeah I was sad, BUT they died knowing I loved them and I could rest my head on a pillow at night and say I had no regrets! Death is never easy to deal with but it is going to happen to all of us so LIVE YOUR LIFE NOW!;)