CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What If There Was No Tomorrow? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=906)

souldancer 12-18-2002 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Unforgiven Fan
Maybe because I have accepted that death is all part of life and I will die anyway so it does not scare me one bit. Accepting death means you have accepting life....

very thoughtful and so true..Thanks UF. I feel similarly but see that most people can live more fully each day, not waiting 'until later' when they accept and prepare for death...instead of denying it. What if the 'tomorrow' in this thread was really 'tomorrow' - meaning TODAY?

souldancer 12-18-2002 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Altair
For one, I don't believe in tomorrow.  

And, to those of you thinking about death, having already accepted death, or whatever, I'd like to suggest that death is just an instant at the end of a long amount of time of something called life.  You say we're in a state of dieing?  I see it more as a state of living.

Did you write this 'yesterday', so does that mean I am reading it 'tomorrow';) I think I understand what you mean, we can truly only LIVE in the moment. But, socially we deal with man-made time, and biologically there are seasons in our lives and the moment we are born our body is destined towards death at a cellular level. Your signatures speaks to the death of this form, But at a larger level, we consciously have the opportunity, through awakening to new thoughts, ideas, practices to literally be 'reborn' - to die to old ways and to embrace new life - so that we are constantly living and dying.

JenRN 12-18-2002 08:57 AM

Souldancer.... you are such a wise woman! I really enjoy reading your points of view!:)

souldancer 12-18-2002 12:21 PM

Jen, you are much too kind and generous with your words - but thanks. I live in a gray world of 'in betweens' right now. I wish I had Altair's inner peace and trust in the world; and your great zest and sentimentalism. But, I accept this is where I need to be for now.

Read JDM 12-18-2002 08:58 PM

Re: Re: Re: What If There Was No Tomorrow?

Quote:

Originally posted by hotforscott
is it because it quickly becomes today? or because you live each day to the fullest? Or is it just that you don't want to think like that?

It is a combination of things. One is that the concept of time has become like my personal Moby-Dick. I am obsessed with defeating it somehow, but yet I know I cannot capture it.

And then there's 9/11 factor, exactly. I know the phrase is that 9/11 "changed everything" but I feel like for too many people it just didn't. It's everyone's right to kind of push it out of their minds and move on and all, but I just can't do that. The lessons are with me for all time... hey, there's that word "time" again.

JenRN 12-18-2002 09:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: What If There Was No Tomorrow?

Quote:

Originally posted by Read JDM
<b>It is a combination of things. One is that the concept of time has become like my personal Moby-Dick. I am obsessed with defeating it somehow, but yet I know I cannot capture it.

And then there's 9/11 factor, exactly. I know the phrase is that 9/11 "changed everything" but I feel like for too many people it just didn't. It's everyone's right to kind of push it out of their minds and move on and all, but I just can't do that. The lessons are with me for all time... hey, there's that word "time" again. </b>

Yeah 9-11 affected me BIG TIME!!!! I really do believe it changed me forever, I view things so different now! I have so much more respect and patience for things.

JenRN 12-18-2002 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by souldancer
Jen, you are much too kind and generous with your words - but thanks. I live in a gray world of 'in betweens' right now. &nbsp;I wish I had Altair's inner peace and trust in the world; and your great zest and sentimentalism. But, &nbsp;I accept this is where I need to be for now.

You are pretty nice and genuine to me!;)

hotforscott 12-18-2002 09:05 PM

i understand what you mean. there are so many people that didn't even blink an eye. it's sad.

Weathered 01-16-2003 10:34 PM

i would spend my day with my family and friends....and with shanna......i would also listen to a lot of music

jimmy2sacs 01-16-2003 10:54 PM

if i knew it was the last day ever? I dont know, i guess i would just spend time together with all my family. talking and whatnot. And when i go to sleep if i dont wake up the next day, i dont wake up. But if i knew that i made somebody just a little bit happier, i would be happy too. and like i always say, you can never die a virgin, life screws us all...

Xterminator27 01-16-2003 10:56 PM

There is gona be no tommorow some day, but we will never know when that day is

Weathered 01-16-2003 11:02 PM

yeah i know....thatd be scary to actually know

jimmy2sacs 01-16-2003 11:04 PM

thats why yuo gotta try and live everyday like its your last.

Xterminator27 01-16-2003 11:07 PM

did u no that everyday an astroid could easly slip though our low-funded sky watching eyes and blow us all to dust? It only has to be HALF a kilometer long to end all human life on earth. And yet all the people looking for these can only see 10% of the sky because of the low funds and poor intrest in saving man-kind. instead they spend it on weaponds that will help KILL man-kind..
Makes sence? Not to me. If we ahve a nuclear war, we all die, everyone dies... who wins there?

hayley 01-17-2003 03:18 AM

wow what an old thread....lol