CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Daily Bread (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7750)

HeavenBesideYou 09-01-2006 06:12 AM

Re: Daily Bread

September 1st

"Mean S.O.B.!"

Have you ever met someone that you just can't please? No matter how hard you try to inspire with positive, they just have a response that shuts it down?

People who live by selfish emotions find themselves empty and alone most of the time. Their bitterness causes them to curse their life, their friends, their God. Finally, they find it nearly impossible to utter any kind words at all. Those people will not find blessing in their own lives, because they refuse to bring it to others' lives. It is a fact that the blessing we share is the blessing that comes back to us. Likewise, the curse we impart comes back on us, to make us unhappy and guilty.

As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.

Psalm 109:17

Heaven

:pimp:

HeavenBesideYou 09-02-2006 08:23 AM

September 2nd

"Pardoned."

The essential act of mercy was to pardon; and pardon in its very essence involves the recognition of guilt and ill-desert in the recipient. If crime is only a disease which needs cure, not sin which deserves punishment, it cannot be pardoned. How can you pardon a man for having a gum boil or a club foot? But the Humanitarian theory wants simply to abolish Justice and substitute Mercy for it. This means that you start being "kind" to people before you have considered their rights, and then force upon them suppposed kindnesses which no one but you will recognize as kindnesses and which the recipient will feel as abominable cruelties. You have overshot the mark. Mercy, detached from Justice, grows unmerciful. That is the important paradox. As there are plants which will flourish only in mountain soil, so it appears that Mercy will flower only when it grows in the crannies of the rock of Justice: transplanted to the marshlands of mere Humanitarianism, it becomes a man-eating weed, all the more dangerous because it is still called by the same name as the mountain variety.

C. S. Lewis in God in the Dock

Praise the Lord, I tell myself; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, I tell myself, and never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He ransoms me from death and surrounds me with love and tender mercies.

Psalm 103:1-4

Heaven

Rocketqueen 09-03-2006 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou
September 1st

"Mean S.O.B.!"

Have you ever met someone that you just can't please? No matter how hard you try to inspire with positive, they just have a response that shuts it down?

People who live by selfish emotions find themselves empty and alone most of the time. Their bitterness causes them to curse their life, their friends, their God. Finally, they find it nearly impossible to utter any kind words at all. Those people will not find blessing in their own lives, because they refuse to bring it to others' lives. It is a fact that the blessing we share is the blessing that comes back to us. Likewise, the curse we impart comes back on us, to make us unhappy and guilty.

As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.

Psalm 109:17

Heaven

AMEN BRO I sure Have But As We Rise In War With Our Foes People Or Even Loved Ones You Can Never Give up Or Lower Your Denfense But Fight With Spitrual Weapons, God Wants The Glory For All Souls He Never Gives Up On the Wicked But He Wants To Make Theme Realize They Are Wicked And Bow Before Him And See Their Own Reflection Of Evil And We Can Never Give In To Evil When We Reconize It Because Its Our Battle To Fight It Belongs Us IF WE BELONG TO GOD Pslam 37 11 But The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth And Shall Delight Themeselvs IN THE ABDUNACE OF PEACE HIS PEACE GOD IS A WARRIOR FOR JUSTICE AND HIS PEACE IS GLORFIED In And Out Of War GLORY GLORY U SEE ONE MAN WALKING WHO IS HE, HE ANWSERED AND SAID LO I SEE FOUR MEN LOOSE WALKING IN THE MIDST OF FIRE GLORY GLORY GLORY :bounce: :bounce: AND BEHOLD THEY HAVE NO HURT DAN 3 25

HeavenBesideYou 09-03-2006 08:34 AM

September 3rd

"Clothed in mercy."

It happened during the darkest days of Europe's history. Hitler was sweeping across the land promoting his contempt for Jews and his plan to exterminate them from the planet. Many countries were easily conned by his propaganda.

But Denmark had a king that wasn't so easily taken in. He received Hitler's edict concerning the armbands that Jews would be required to wear... So he went out on the balcony of his palace and began reading the edict line by line... Then when finished, he tucked the note away and reached into his pocket, pulling out a small yellow armband. The king slipped it onto his coat sleeve. Over the weeks to come, thousands of Danes found ways to acquire these yellow armbands and wore them whenever they went out in public, just as the Jews were forced to do. As a result, Hitler's men found themselves in a constant struggle to separate the Jews from the non-Jews in Denmark...

All praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the source of every mercy and the God who comforts us. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Since God chose you to be the holy people whom he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Colossians 3:12

Compassion is a trait within us that is very near the heart of God.

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 09-04-2006 08:25 AM

September 4th

"Show mercy."

Christians have sometimes been accused of shooting their own wounded. In our zeal for God, we can sometimes become impatient and judgmental with those who struggle with sin and doubt. Instead of rejecting them, Jude says, we should have mercy on them just as Christ had mercy on us when he forgave our many sins. While we must not tolerate or accept sin, we are to love and accept others with kindness and mercy. If you know someone who has fallen away from God, your kindness may be just what is needed to lead them back to God.

But you, dear friends, must continue to build your lives on the foundation of your holy faith. And continue to pray as you are directed by the Holy Spirit. Live in such a way that God's love can bless you as you wait for the eternal life that our Lord Jesus Christ in his mercy is going to give you. Show mercy to those whose faith is wavering. Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of judgment. There are still others to whom you need to show mercy, but be careful that you aren't contaminated by their sins.

Jude 1:20-23

Heaven

Rocketqueen 09-05-2006 01:11 AM

:) i had to long of a reply so i could,nt post bro, but his message shall over come faith it shall over come wrath fear strong holds doubt and the rights and the wrongs of these things... His Love, Love Believes All Things Hopes All Things And ENDURES ALL THINGS AMEN, PRAISE GOD FOR BEING GOD, Who Can Show Forth ALL Of His Praise AMEN AND AMEN We Cant Because We Dont Praise Him Enough Amen, Peace... Hev I really Loved Reading that b/c it taught me some history ...and i dont Listien to everybody speaches abot relgion and world and history i find yours so peacefull and pleasent..man i dont like missing your post at the Daily Bread...

HeavenBesideYou 09-05-2006 05:53 AM

Thanks!!!

:banana:

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 09-05-2006 05:54 AM

September 5th

"Procrastination."

When we feel we have all the time in the world, there is no urgency to make decisions right now. Yet, if we put off our decision for Christ, we hurt no one but ourselves. We should be willing to follow Christ today, not sometime in the future. We miss so much when we are not in fellowship with other believers.

Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today!!

Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Psalm 110:3

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 09-06-2006 06:11 AM

September 6th

"Personal faith testimonies."

The power of the stories of people's lives is immense. We are walking through this life together. Others share our experiences and pains and joys, but most of the time we are totally unaware of them. Proclaim your faith and the power of Jesus Christ in your life. Share your story. Praise the Lord with your whole heart in the assembly of the upright. You will find new unity through the grace of Jesus Christ.

Praise ye the Lord. I will praise the Lord with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.

Psalm 111:1

Heaven

Rocketqueen 09-07-2006 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou
Thanks!!!

:banana:

Heaven

no need, :)

Rocketqueen 09-07-2006 01:38 AM

Praise Jesus

NEVER STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PROCLAMING THAT HE IS KING OF KINGS AND HE IS LORD OF LORDS THERE IS POWER IN HIS TESTIMONY :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

HeavenBesideYou 09-07-2006 06:05 AM

September 7th

"Metamorphosis"

I used to be afraid of death
which hovered with its potent sting.
I used to think of my last breath
with dread, for terror was its king.
I used to be afraid of life,
its meaning, such a mystery,
its varied roads of twists and strife
seemed only tragic history.
I used to be afraid of "men",
rejection seemed my enemy,
until I saw that all have sin
and all are groaning to be free.
I used to be afraid of Love,
afraid that Love could not love me
‘til Jesus reached from high above
enfolding me in liberty.
I used to be afraid of fear,
afraid that fear might swallow me
until my heart could clearly hear
that Christ has won the victory!

Anne Bryant-Hamon

God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

Hebrews 13:5-6

God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

1 John 4:16

Human frailty is another thing that gets between God’s words of assurance and our own words and thoughts. When we realize how feeble we are in facing difficulties, the difficulties become like giants, we become like grasshoppers, and God seems to be nonexistent. But remember God’s assurance to us... "I will never forsake you."

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 09-08-2006 06:06 AM

September 8th

"The will of God."

We want the Spirit to be at work in us to make us like Jesus. For this to happen, we must open our heart to the will of God. There are no greater words God wants to hear than "teach me to do your will." That is what it means for him to be God, to have control over our life and our will.

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

Psalm 143:10

Heaven

Rocketqueen 09-09-2006 01:37 AM

Amen

I loved reading that, :) HEV For It Was Written MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE BUT FROM EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS FROM THE MOUTH OF GOD trust in the lord with all thine heart and lean not on your own understanding, in ALL THY WAYS ACKNOWLEGE HIM and He Will direct all thy paths , Pro, 3 5 6

HeavenBesideYou 09-09-2006 08:19 AM

September 9th

"Finish the race!"

On October 20, 1968, a dramatic moment took place at the Mexico City Olympics. A few thousand spectators remained in the almost-dark Olympic Stadium awaiting one last runner.

Finally the wail of police sirens ripped the air. As all eyes turned to the gate, a lone runner wearing the colors of Tanzania staggered into the stadium. John Stephen Akhwari was the last contestant to finish the 26-mile contest. He had injured his leg in a fall and entered the track bloodied and crudely bandaged. While he hobbled the final, lonely lap, spectators rose and applauded him as if he had won.

After the race, someone asked him why he had refused to quit. "My country did not send me 7,000 miles to start the race," he replied simply. "They sent me 7,000 miles to finish it."

To help us achieve a strong finish in our race of faith, Jesus Christ promised that "Whoever confesses Me before men, him the Son of Man will also confess before the angels of God."

Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere.

Mark 16:15

"'You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

Matthew 22:37-38

You too can finish the race well by eagerly confessing Christ before others.

Heaven