CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Official AB on Leno Discussion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8475)

Steve 01-18-2005 11:51 PM

Official AB on Leno Discussion

So, what did you think of the performance? Comments... post away... (no it hasn't been aired yet, just posting in preperation lol)

Edit >> download here: http://www.alterbridgerocks.com/medi...v_appearances/

also btw, I'm reopening separate Alter Bridge forums - www.alterbridgerocks.com/community/

Higher_Desire 01-19-2005 12:28 AM

Wow. Our webmaster is very proficient today. :D The show starts in 8 minutes!

I re-registered for the ABR community! Not that I'll be posting as much there, probably. Are you still keeping the AB section on this board?

7 minutes till the show now! :D

H-D :pimp:

dbcoder 01-19-2005 12:38 AM

It was just amazing, Mark T. I is THE MAN! All those "improve" bits were awesome

Steve 01-19-2005 12:39 AM

Yea AB section will remain here, I am going to reorganize the forums a bit here in a couple days...

Back to the topic...

WOW! Did Mark just tear up that guitar or what? And how about Myles holding the notes at the end of the song!!!!!!!! Very good performance!

tremonti4life04 01-19-2005 12:39 AM

Holy shit! Honestly, that was awesome, mark really laid down the new solos on that one!!!! Im highly impressed my his abilities, of course, ive always been impressed by them!

mshoneybuns 01-19-2005 12:44 AM

holy crap!!! Tremonti can shred.. I also love the part at the end when Myles carries the note forever

Agent D 01-19-2005 12:45 AM

They were beyond words fantastic. Mark was friggin' awesome. Myles was incredible too. Flip and Brian were wicked as well.

Torn Daredevil 01-19-2005 12:49 AM

Fucking Amazing.

Torn Daredevil 01-19-2005 12:50 AM

Mark just let all hell loose. OMG.

rabidgopher04 01-19-2005 01:09 AM

I thought it was great. It really got me pumped to see them next weekend here. :)

HuMaN~ClAy 01-19-2005 01:14 AM

Holy Shit!!! that was nuts!!! i think they had more energy than the crowd!! when will a video of that be posted so i can watch it another 100 times???

Higher_Desire 01-19-2005 01:43 AM

DUDE! That performance as hot!!! Myles sounded amazing and Mark's riffs kicked major glutius-maximus!

On a side note, did anyone notice the sticker that was on Mark's guitar? Instead of a picture of the American flag like he has on the Platinum one, this one (the same one he used in the OYE video), had a picture of Dimebag! That was pretty cool. Coincidentially, it was the same picture of him I had on my desktop for a while.

Steve 01-19-2005 03:00 AM

http://www.alterbridgerocks.com/medi...v_appearances/

let me know if you have probs downloading...

Trimontana 01-19-2005 03:33 AM

Thanks very much Steve for the download!!!! :D
We though their performances couldnt be any better that already are. But seen this one we can just say WE CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS AGAIN!!!!!
AB getting better by the minute. Rock on!!!!!
First of all....Myles....one word.....stunning!!!
Mr. Tremo......Out of this world!!!!
Flip......you rock my world!!!
Marshall........you make me wanna find the real!!!!
:D :D :D :D

Mila and Gabi

RoffeDH 01-19-2005 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
http://www.alterbridgerocks.com/medi...v_appearances/

let me know if you have probs downloading...

I'm can't seem to download this and it makes me MAD :mad1:

"403 Forbidden" this shit comes up!

UK_Bridge 01-19-2005 04:17 AM

just watched the download. absolutely awesome!!!!!!!! Mark is a legend. and myles what a singer.

cant wait till they start tearing up the UK.

heinzel 01-19-2005 06:31 AM

that was great!!!!!! so much better than the one you can see on their website.
oh my god, they ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Lithium 01-19-2005 09:54 AM

Wow, that was just awesome!! Exellent way to promote themselvs! Problably the best live preformans I've ever seen some put up on a late night show!

The Lithium 01-19-2005 10:05 AM

I ripped it into MP3 - here ya go

Torn Daredevil 01-19-2005 11:53 AM

Thanks Lith!

Higher_Desire 01-19-2005 11:57 AM

Thanks to both Lith and Steve! Both awesome links.

Did anyone notice the sticker on Mark's guitar? On his platinum guitar he had an American flag, but on the one he used tonight, he had a picture of Dimebag! I thought that was pretty cool.

RMadd 01-19-2005 12:26 PM

i caught 'em last night... and maybe it was just me, but the song was a bit too fast (i really like it at the tempo it's at on the album), and some of mark's 2 beat and one measure "features" seemed a bit forced and not all there.

titan9 01-19-2005 12:33 PM

I'm downloading it now, and I'll watch it as soon as it downloads.:D

DekWannaBFlea 01-19-2005 12:40 PM

Very good preformance, i would give it a B. The tempo was a little fast for my liking, and some of the parts were kind of forced, but other than that it was pretty badass.

Man, Mark was going crazy with the Whammy Bar, anybody see him circle it a couple of times? Craziness.

RMadd 01-19-2005 12:42 PM

well, after watching that clip on my computer, w/ my badass speakers, i realize what my problem was: my roomate is a fucknut. he wouldn't turn up the tv very loud, so i could hardly hear it. plus, the tv speakers are only the built-in shitty-ass, no-bass 2.0's. So it sounded hella fucking better on here. Thanks Steve!

katygal 01-19-2005 12:53 PM

Re

lmao @ fucknut...1st time Ive heard that... I doubt it was that your tv was down too low. The tv audio is just low to begin with.. The audio in the mpeg has just been amped alot. :D

Dogstar 01-19-2005 12:57 PM

I can't believe I forgot to tape this. :mad:

Ann Allusion 01-19-2005 02:17 PM

My Leno Review...since i will not be going to a concert:

i'll admit that i watched the show, out of curiosity, hoping to find out where some of the comments made about AB, from their staunch fans, come from.

Some observations...technically, Mark was right on target, if not "hotdogging" it up... ;) ...that band doesn't have a lead singer that stands out, this time around, it is definitely all about the LEAD guitar which has proven "standing on their mark" was something they never intended to do for very long...The rest of the band did their best to fit in with this concept...just enough input to balance out the performance...

i've never denied the talent that the 3 former members of Creed have...and as i always have said, i wish them the best in all their endeavours. But, the reasons that i just can't connect to their music are still there.

Of course, these are my observations...everyone, depending on how they feel about AB, will see it their own way...

~peace

Trimontana 01-19-2005 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
I ripped it into MP3 - here ya go

Cheers man!!!!!!!! :D

Ann i am sorry and i know you are gonna take wrong what i am gonna say. But i can't understand your jelosy respect AB...but like we say in Spain....if the jelosy would kill, you would be death already. I didnt try to hurt you or offend you with my comment but to be honnest i cant stand yours about AB.Sorry i am just sincere. And i am sure i am not the only one who thinks that.

AndrewFromABRox 01-19-2005 02:30 PM

Man i am so mad, i waited for like a month to see that then I forgot about it! I just checked my e-mail this morning and notcied that its wednesday and i missed it, darrrrrn, i remembered monday but tuesday slipped me, oh well maybe i can download it, does anyone know what jay leno said after their performance? Did they like sit down and have any chat with the band or did they just play and that was it.

The Lithium 01-19-2005 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil
Thanks Lith!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
Thanks to both Lith and Steve! Both awesome links.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trimontana
Cheers man!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks guys, but I just did what any diehard AB fan, with a good MP3-ripper program would've done! :D

titan9 01-19-2005 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trimontana
Ann i am sorry and i know you are gonna take wrong what i am gonna say. But i can't understand your jelosy respect AB...but like we say in Spain....if the jelosy would kill, you would be death already. I didnt try to hurt you or offend you with my comment but to be honnest i cant stand yours about AB.Sorry i am just sincere. And i am sure i am not the only one who thinks that.

Well, you know everyone has their opinion. Of course, I don't agree with Ann's, but hey, she has a right to her opinion. Like I've said in the past, I'm an equal fan, so you won't see me being "jealous" of Alter Bridge. Any success that comes to either them or Stapp, I'm happy about. I honestly wish that all Creed fans were like that. Seems to be quite a bit of division since Creed broke up, with some being only on Alter Bridge's side, some on only Stapp's side, some on neither, and some who are in the middle and are equal fans of each.(me)

Ann Allusion 01-19-2005 02:58 PM

Quote:

Tremontina...no, I do not take what you say "wrong", as that is how you feel...i do wonder however how you can call a difference of opinion, or taste in music, jealousy. My comment was what i saw, nothing else.

Quote:

Any success that comes to either them or Stapp, I'm happy about.

Titan9...exactly! and I have stated such in many posts...altho, those times are not what is remembered.

I posted what I saw, and how the performance struck me.

Bridge of Clay 01-19-2005 03:04 PM

Quote:

that band doesn't have a lead singer that stands out

if holding a 2 octaves up note for 15 seconds isn't standing out, please explain what it is.

titan9 01-19-2005 03:08 PM

That's what I figured, Ann. I know you don't hate the guys, or wish any ill to them. You just don't like Alter Bridge's music. You don't like the vocals, that's understandable. I admit, it took me a while to warm up to Myles. It was different not hearing Stapp singing the songs, and as it is now, I still prefer Stapp's vocals. But I like Myles alot. I think people just assume that you are completely against Alter Bridge and resent them, which I don't believe you do. You just don't like the music as a whole. Again, understandable. If Alter Bridge achieves success, I'm sure you'd be happy for them.

The Lithium 01-19-2005 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Allusion
that band doesn't have a lead singer that stands out

Oh please, he's more out standing than Stapp is.

titan9 01-19-2005 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
Oh please, he's more out standing than Stapp is.

Meh, that's opinion, not fact.:laugh:

The Lithium 01-19-2005 03:21 PM

It is fact, he has better skills than Stapp. And he can sing really high and really low. Therefore he's more outstanding. Don't get me wrong, I love Stapp and he's voice, but Myles IS more outstanding

Steve 01-19-2005 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewFromABRox
Man i am so mad, i waited for like a month to see that then I forgot about it! I just checked my e-mail this morning and notcied that its wednesday and i missed it, darrrrrn, i remembered monday but tuesday slipped me, oh well maybe i can download it, does anyone know what jay leno said after their performance? Did they like sit down and have any chat with the band or did they just play and that was it.

Leno just thanked the band. AB finished their song and the show went off about 30 seconds later. They really used up all their time :D

titan9 01-19-2005 03:27 PM

I will say Myles does have more range than Stapp. But that doesn't exactly make him the better singer. Stapp had outstanding stage presence and charisma. I haven't watched the video yet(I will in a few, though) so I can't say if I think Myles has as much(or more) presence and charisma than Stapp did. And I haven't seen Alter Bridge in concert yet. Like I said, I like Myles alot and think he's a terrific singer, but I still prefer Stapp.