CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   X-Files to Continue on Film (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6189)

benkenobi 03-29-2004 09:18 PM

X-Files to Continue on Film

I don't know if we have any hard-core "X-Files" fans on this board (like I am), but in case we do I wanted to post some awesome news I read for a new life of X-Files on the big screen. :)

Duchovny to Star in 'X-Files' Flick

March 29, 2004
LOS ANGELES, Mar 29, 2004 (United Press International via COMTEX) -- Hollywood actor David Duchovny confirms another "X-Files" film is in the works, Moviehole.net reported Monday.

"It's definitely happening," the star of the popular "X-Files" television series and 1998 film told reporters in Los Angeles. "(Series creator) Chris (Carter) has a great idea for the new movie and I expect we'll be able to begin shooting in the next year or so."

Asked whether he expects his on-screen alter ego, Mulder, to develop in the film, the actor said: "I hope not. I was really fighting against that in the final years of the show ... I think we're going to be introducing a new character in the film, which will allow us to cast a major star, male or female, who will want to be part of an exciting supernatural thriller. I think the new movie will appeal to both our core fans and a broad audience. I'm very excited about it."

Duchovny will soon be seen in the big-screen comedy, "Connie and Carla."

TeriB19 03-29-2004 09:43 PM

Loved the X-Files!!! Not a hardcore fan, like quoting it or anything, but I did watch it regularly. HATED the ending of the series.

RMadd 03-29-2004 09:52 PM

good movies

hayley 03-30-2004 01:45 AM

I haven't actually sat down and watched the X-Files, but it doesn't really look like my type of programme

SCOTTSMYMAN 03-30-2004 08:38 AM

I used to love The X-Files but more partial to the first couple of seasons. Never did get into all that UFO crap. preferred all the weird monsters and stuff. That's cool about the new movie. Wonder where it will take us. Hated the end of the series too, Teri!!

benkenobi 03-30-2004 11:19 AM

Yeah, the X-Files seasons weren't the same when Duchovny left, but it's great that he's excited about this new movie. I remember when the show quit and he said he would always return as Mulder if they put X-Files in theatres. It's supposed to be a movie anyone can watch (whether you watched the show or not). It's just going to be an original supernatural thriller that won't tie back into the tv series chronology like the first movie did.

RMadd 03-30-2004 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
good movies

oops... i just realized this was about X-Files, not X-Men... I just responded without reading any previous posts... oops :o

Mulletman 03-30-2004 02:52 PM

i gave up on the X-Files after Mulder left. The X-Files video game was really cool tho. not the same type of video games we all play, it was more like a point-and-click episode.

benkenobi 03-30-2004 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulletman
i gave up on the X-Files after Mulder left. The X-Files video game was really cool tho. not the same type of video games we all play, it was more like a point-and-click episode.

It was still a pretty good show for standards even after Mulder left, but it just wasn't the same. I didn't give up on it, but I sure wish he hadn't left the show for those couple of seasons. Anyways, the good news is that David can't wait to do this movie and we'll once again see Mulder.

VillageWolf 03-30-2004 11:12 PM

Im a HUGE X-Files fan! and I cant wait to see a new X-File. I think the last episode left everyone hanging. Im dying to know what happens to Dogget, Reyes, Skinner and baby William.

As for the game, Im not a huge video game player. I clicked my way out of a job and even to the grave several times. Virtual death is so annoying.

P.S. Im still miffed about what happened to the Long Gunmen.

facelessman 03-31-2004 01:31 AM

yes! i cant wait till that comes out

Redeemer 04-01-2004 11:38 AM

DUCHOV'!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I am a seriously HUGE David Duchovny fan, and to see that he's in some projects just makes my day. I just can't wait to get my greedy little hands on the next X-Files flick. Yay for Dave! :D