CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Broken Wings Video Being Shot Right Now! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8178)

XenoN 12-15-2004 03:55 PM

Now why do you say that? lol

Agent D 12-15-2004 04:29 PM

Haha no reason...

Trees of Wisdom 12-15-2004 06:52 PM

WAWO is a corny-ass title and the lyrics were corny as well. ILM is a deep song, but my point is that it's not good enough to be a huge hit. It needs a bigger sound. And it's way too soft of a song. Since it will only be on pop radio, it won't do that well because it has to compete with the likes of Ashley Simpson and the whole rap genre. At least BW and DTML are better and can be on rock and pop radio.

Agent D 12-15-2004 09:02 PM

No sense bitching about it now. The band has made their decision and we have to trust in their instincts. Besides, airplay and all that crap doesn't matter. They're writing great music, we're getting to hear that music, and that's all that matters.

titan9 12-16-2004 10:49 AM

Actually, I think if ILM gets released to the radio, or even DTML, it'll be huge on Pop radio. Every year Pop radio finds 2 or 3 Rock songs and plays them non-stop for a while. I think AB would do great on Pop radio with those songs.....but of course we'd be hearing more of the Creed comparison because they'd be doing exactly what Creed did:dominating Pop radio as a Rock band. So I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not, but I'll support AB just the same.

Xterminator27 12-16-2004 02:56 PM

WAWO is my most creed song of them all,

In fact if i never heard that song, i would have never bought the creed CD and would have never heard any other creed / AB and would probly be listening to shitty blink182 now.

But ILM really does suck, Watch your words is such a cool song, in fact every other song is such a cool song. besides ILM, What about One day remains? Thats the CDs title song for sake, and it Rules so much

titan9 12-16-2004 03:15 PM

Yeah, I love the message behind One Day Remains, too. And it's such an energetic song, it'd be awesome if it were released as a single.

I love ILM, too, so I'd be equally happy if that got released as a single.

Trees of Wisdom 12-17-2004 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King X
WAWO is my most creed song of them all,

In fact if i never heard that song, i would have never bought the creed CD and would have never heard any other creed / AB and would probly be listening to shitty blink182 now.

But ILM really does suck, Watch your words is such a cool song, in fact every other song is such a cool song. besides ILM, What about One day remains? Thats the CDs title song for sake, and it Rules so much

It looks like Alter Bridge are releasing the more poppy songs for music videos and the harder songs are just on radio. I still think FTR should have had a video for it.

titan9 12-17-2004 02:06 PM

I agree, FTR should have had a video. But I understand why it didn't(lack of time) At least BW is getting a video and I think that song will be a big hit.

Trees of Wisdom 12-17-2004 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
I agree, FTR should have had a video. But I understand why it didn't(lack of time) At least BW is getting a video and I think that song will be a big hit.

Um, with the time they're using for the BW video, they could have just made a FTR video. A BW video would be released anyway after FTR.

titan9 12-17-2004 05:56 PM

True, but at least we're getting a video for BW. It would have been awesome to see both FTR and BW get videos, though.

Trem24Fan 12-21-2004 01:12 PM

One Day Remians is the best song on the record (all of em are good, but this one shreds) and this song would explode on rock radio and give the band additional new credibility. Every day I crank this one up to the max in the car. You literally have to catch your breathe after you listen to this one. At the Chicago show (and most I think) they opened with this one and it just sets the tone for the rest of the show. ODR is the best rockin song I've heard in years. :jam:

Steve 12-21-2004 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
Um, with the time they're using for the BW video, they could have just made a FTR video. A BW video would be released anyway after FTR.

Actually after the new year, there will be no time to shoot another video. The band is starting a tour which will pretty much extend all year long - or at least during the time BW would be released and need to be promoted.

Bridge of Clay 12-21-2004 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trem24Fan
One Day Remians is the best song on the record (all of em are good, but this one shreds) and this song would explode on rock radio and give the band additional new credibility. Every day I crank this one up to the max in the car. You literally have to catch your breathe after you listen to this one. At the Chicago show (and most I think) they opened with this one and it just sets the tone for the rest of the show. ODR is the best rockin song I've heard in years. :jam:

Exactly!

R U Ready? 12-24-2004 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobben
ILM reeeeeeally should be released. If AB want to make a reputation worldwide, then they must go for this song. It will with no doubt have a WAWO-effect on them! We're talking about x platinum records sold!
BTW...Broken Wings sucks! It's not catchy and\or special and will not sell much! I can promise all of you that! ;)

BW is awesome, it's probably in my top 3 for the album.