CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Stapp will be playing Creed songs on tour!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7705)

titan9 04-26-2005 01:45 PM

Scott sounded great, vocally, at those Nascar awards. But the music........horrible. Those guys could not play Higher. Either they didn't practice it much, or Higher is just too difficult for them. It sounded nothing like Tremonti. If you're gonna perform that song(or any other Creed song) get a band that at least can play that song. Otherwise, it'll sound bad no matter how great the vocals are.

Dogstar 04-26-2005 03:27 PM

Right on, Titan.

Trimontana 04-26-2005 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Scott sounded great, vocally, at those Nascar awards. But the music........horrible. Those guys could not play Higher. Either they didn't practice it much, or Higher is just too difficult for them. It sounded nothing like Tremonti. If you're gonna perform that song(or any other Creed song) get a band that at least can play that song. Otherwise, it'll sound bad no matter how great the vocals are.

completly agree. i dont think stapp sounded bad, maybe the best performance after Creed area...but the band sounded awefuly bad. Noone can replace Tremonti, Phillips and Marshall anyway.

titan9 04-26-2005 04:32 PM

Yeah, you are right. No one can really replace Tremonti, Phillips or Marshall. But, if Stapp is going to perform Creed songs on tour, he needs to at least have a band that can play the songs decently. I can honestly say that, if I practiced Higher enough(and I am a novice at Guitar, by the way) and thoroughly worked on it, I could have at least performed it decently. Not as good as Tremonti, but at least a decent performance GoneBlind's performance of it stunk.........and they're professional musicians!

Trimontana 04-26-2005 04:41 PM

yep. you see, when Marshall (one can be as good as Marshall) was replaced by Brett even i wasnt happy cos he left, i though he did a great job as a bassist. now i suppose that stapp will have a decent band when he starts turing tho. cos i cant really image a crappy band playing such a awesome songs. it would be like destroy a Picasso paint....ooohhh i dont wanna image it, lol.

titan9 04-26-2005 04:46 PM

Yeah, agreed. He better have a good band backing him, or else the concerts won't be as good as they could be. Stapp vocals + decent backing band=Awesome concert. All Stapp needs to do is get a good band in there and he'll be fine. He has the connections to get a good band, so I don't see why he couldn't do that. We'll see, though.

RMadd 04-28-2005 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trimontana
maybe the best performance after Creed area...

well..... yeah.... you've got that and the God Bless America in game 4 of the world series

creedlvr 04-28-2005 10:48 AM

Aren't they (Gone Blind) the band that Scott is recording with and will most likely be touring with? I hope they'll be good. Maybe they were deliberatly trying to do it differently to not copy the original and we are just not used to it??

Agent D 04-29-2005 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedlvr
Aren't they (Gone Blind) the band that Scott is recording with and will most likely be touring with? I hope they'll be good. Maybe they were deliberatly trying to do it differently to not copy the original and we are just not used to it??

You mean they might've been trying to suck? Yeah, that's a good sign. :rolleyes:

titan9 04-29-2005 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
You mean they might've been trying to suck? Yeah, that's a good sign. :rolleyes:

Haha. You've definitely got a point there, Agent D.:laugh:

Agent D 05-11-2005 05:46 PM

Quote:

Haha. You've definitely got a point there, Agent D.:laugh:

lol i thought so

jmhonline 10-06-2005 02:45 AM

Quote:

I have to agree. I just bought the scott stapp greatest hits cd (I mean Creed), and I then downloaded the nascar performance. That band sucked big time comparatively. If you get a decent band behind Scott, it is "almost" like Creed again.

INDIGOSTEVE 10-06-2005 04:07 AM

then AB shouldn't do other peoples songs either? enough said!

creedlvr 10-07-2005 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D

I didn't say I thought they were trying to suck. Just that they didn't intend to sound like the original since they are not the original band.

INDIGOSTEVE 10-07-2005 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluttergirl
but the band he will be touring with will not include tremonti, flip, marshall, or even hestla. I have no problem with him singing it, and if he wants to learn how to play the guitar, fine, but having another band play creed this soon after the breakup is disrepectful, and tacky, IMO. It would be the same thing as Myles Kennedy singing WAWO or MS.

myles couldn't do justice to any creed songs, and if you don't want to see him then don't go to his shows! AB did covers and myles doing zepplins was a joke!