CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   christian rock? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7037)

aussiecreeder 07-16-2004 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyAngelwings
In the way of christian Rock, I will say Newsboys are good. As is Glo I think they are called.?

newsboys are really big in the states i hear......

benkenobi 07-16-2004 12:11 PM

I picked up the "Los Lonely Boys" album today! Some pretty cool guitar licks (Santana-ish) & I would put them under the religious grouping with a band like P.O.D. Anyways, they came to Knoxville several weeks ago and a couple of my friends heard them. They said they did a lot more jamming/trick stuff with the guitar/bass that's not on the record. :D

aussiecreeder 07-16-2004 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benkenobi
I picked up the "Los Lonely Boys" album today! Some pretty cool guitar licks (Santana-ish) & I would put them under the religious grouping with a band like P.O.D. Anyways, they came to Knoxville several weeks ago and a couple of my friends heard them. They said they did a lot more jamming/trick stuff with the guitar/bass that's not on the record. :D

i've heard good things about them but i didn't realise they were "christian rock".

farmgirl 07-22-2004 11:32 PM

Someone on here mentioned Todd Agnew. I don't normally listen to Christian rock but I have a different vehicle this week and my normal station doesn't come in :) . I was flipping through the stations and heard this song I really liked. Turns out it was a Christian rock/metal station and the song was from Todd Agnew. I think the song was called "Grace of Rain" and had the lyrics from Amazing Grace in it. I picked up the cd today but haven't listened yet. :)

Sincirr 07-26-2004 01:32 AM

Hey, have Stavesacre been mentioned yet? They are really good man!
My faves:
Stavesacre
Five Iron Frenzy
Skillett
Insyderz

Oh man, lemme think of more!

I love Kings X, but they are not totally Christian, but the lyrics clearly show that certain members love Jesus, totally. Galactic Cowboys were the same type of thing.

Creed_Defaultgirl 07-28-2004 02:16 AM

I haven't really listened much to Christian music. Last year I saw Reliant K in concert with my church. I really wasn't that impressed with their style of music, and I couldn't really understand the lyrics. I hear a song from a band called "Casting Crowns" I really liked it. I've only heard one song though. They will be doing a praise/worship concert like thing at a Youth Evangelism Confrence thing that I'll go to in August. The day after we go to that part we will go to a theme park in Oklahoma City called Frontier City, and that night a band called "Tait" is going to perform. Has anyone ever heard of them? If you have, what kind of music do they have, is it very good?

creedsister 07-28-2004 02:56 AM

i have saxon i dont care much for their sound but they got some awsome lyrics Like This Song I Love It, Give It All You Got

Sincirr 08-02-2004 01:00 AM

I freakin LOVE Third Day!

aussiecreeder 08-03-2004 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sincirr
I freakin LOVE Third Day!

cool best christian band by a fair margin IMO.....

RMadd 08-13-2004 03:15 PM

and just so all y'all know, "Relient K" is spelled, yes, with an E, not an A as one would naturally assume

MrSeeker 08-14-2004 11:25 PM

The best Christian band is Demon Hunter, hands down...they make slipknot look like kids music... Haste the Day, As I Lay Dying, UnderOATH, and Agony Scene also rock faces off.

Creed_Defaultgirl 08-15-2004 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedsister
i have saxon i dont care much for their sound but they got some awsome lyrics Like This Song I Love It, Give It All You Got

Thanks for the info. sis, but our church decided to go play putt putt (sp?) Which was the first time I played, which is why I don't know how it's spelled. I think we had more fun doing that than going to a concert anyway.

Kimvan 08-15-2004 09:22 PM

I really enjoy Third Day, and Switchfoot too (though I've only heard Meant to Live so far from them)

Alter Shredder 08-19-2004 06:43 PM

Seeker- Demon Hunter is good man, have you heard staple yet?, they are another good hard rockin band that has come out of the woodwork.

Sincirr 09-01-2004 10:31 PM

I freakin LOVE Switchfoot!

hehe...
:flee: