CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9012)

Dogstar 03-01-2006 08:59 PM

Re: Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth

Well, so far, no Sunspots on any of the set lists. I bet those Spiral member bastages will get that at their show in Nevada or wherever it is. Grrrr. Anyway, Every Day Is Exactly the Same is being released as an EP in the States on April 4 :dancing: I will be getting this. That's one of my favorites off the new album. I also acquired "Only" on vinyl :bounce:...thanks to njcreedite :D.

Rocketqueen 03-01-2006 11:05 PM

:) Now thats odd Vinyl And ONLY at that Doggy Retro Chicky:)

Dogstar 03-01-2006 11:30 PM

Hehehe, I know. When I get in collecting mode, it's bad ;).

Dogstar 03-14-2006 12:09 AM

OMG, what an awesome show Saturday night in Atlantic City! All kinds of weird shit, starting with the AC fire department getting their panties in a twist because a smoke machine set off some alarms at the House of Blues. I could see the firefighters examining stuff on the side of the stage, and a couple of times, they walked across the stage and pumped their fists. People clapped and we were all like, WTF, and laughing. I was getting nervous that they might call off the show or something, but they didn't. WHEW. We waited almost 90 minutes after Saul Williams did his thing before Trent and Co. took the stage. And Trent had a few funny things to say about it...more on that later

I figured there would be lots of instrument destruction because I'm sure the delay pissed Trent off royally. And there was. He threw a good five or six water bottles into the pit and you could just tell he was not a happy camper. He threw at least three guitars and at one point kind of fell into Josh's kit. btw. JOSH IS AWESOME!! He is just insane on the kit, just insane and he nailed everything. You Know What You Are was off the hook! That was the second song, I think. I'm not the best with the set list, but here's what I remember, in no particular order:

Mr. Self Destruct
You Know What You Are? (Fricken insane. One of the best songs of the night, IMHO)
Sin !!!!
Terrible Lie (Sick, sick, sick energy for this one)
March Of The Pigs (Aaron had a hissy fit for this one, too, after he hurt himself. Trent said he cracked his head or something, and he did seem a bit out of sorts, but he soldiered on)
Something I Can Never Have (God I love this song live.)
Closer (With the Only Time thing)
Burn
Gave Up
Eraser (No screen thingy this time because the venue was too small, but the crowd went nuts in it. We were drowning out Trent)
Home (This was a nice surprise)
The Day The World Went Away (Aaron's guitar was wayyyy out of tune for the intro and he started throwing a major hissy fit. He knocked a speaker over and all, was walking all around pissed off while trying to get things back in working order.)
Wish
Only
Every Day Is Exactly The Same (Sounded much better than this did in Denver last year)
Reptile (Off the fucking charts. I was out of my mind for this one. My favorite NIN song, so I was a happy girl)
Dead Souls !!!!!! (Trent actually announced that this was a Joy Division song, hehe)
Deep !!!!!!! (I think this was the first time I heard this live. Very cool song, hehe)
Suck
Hurt
The Hand That Feeds (Aaron was not playing for this one, more problems, I guess) Still a kick-ass performance. The balcony was shaking with lots of people jumping up and down. It did on several occasions.)
Starfuckers, Inc.
Head Like A Hole (Trent let the crowd take over some of the chorus duties and we represented well, I thought.)

I kept wondering when Trent would address the firemen situation. He did, about halfway into the show, I'd guess. He said something like, I was going to go on a tirade about the fire department, but I won't bitch...but then he did, which was funny. He called the House of Blues the House of Shit :D He said something like, We've been doing these shitty arena tours in every fucking big city and we finally get to a smaller place, where we can actually see people and maybe have some fun, but no, the fire department gets all weird because, Oh, a smoke machine, which we use every fucking night and never have any problems with, might set off some alarms. They make my crew wait an hour, but that's how it goes sometimes. This is a weird set, but hey, sometimes, it goes that way.

Then he thanked everybody for coming out to see them and proceeded with further instrument destruction. Fricken awesome show. I love the energy in small venues. And the lights were nuts. We were pretty close to the stage, so it was like being high. I had to close my eyes a couple of times. Sensory fricken overload. I fricken LOVED IT!!!!!!!!

I hope Aaron is OK. There was some blood at some point on his shirt sleeve.

Oh, and Saul Williams was really good, but his DJ had all kinds of technical problems, so his set was kind of short. During one song, you could tell things weren't together so he just stopped and said, Fuck that. When technology fails, just say, fuck that :D. I liked him a lot and I bought a CD after the show.

And more good news. SUMMER U.S. TOUR!!!! Just announced today. I think I can hit three shows. I'm mega stoked for this. I never get sick of this band live. It's insane every time. Saturday was my fourth show on this tour, and I think it's my favorite. I LOVE the small venues.

Muad'Dib 03-14-2006 05:24 AM

Heh sounds like heaps of fun. Glad your getting chance to see them ALOT!! Love hearing bootlegs of Only live, sounds even better then original recording if thats possible!

Dogstar 03-14-2006 01:56 PM

Oh, I totally agree about Only. The crowd was insane for this show. The balcony was shaking all over creation. It was NUTS!!!! They are so awesome live...MAN, I can't WAIT FOR SUMMER :D.

Muad'Dib 03-15-2006 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trent Reznor
After touring for quite some time (with more to come) I've decided to completely immerse myself in writing. This seems to keep me sane during the months of repeating the same day over and over. Don't get me wrong - the shows are the focus of the day and I truly enjoy them, but the several hours AROUND the shows can equal lots of wasted, mind-numbing time. However, balance has never been my strong suit and this I believe contributed to my recent illness brought on by overdoing it...
I've brought my collaborator Atticus Ross out for a few weeks and we've split our time between working on new NIN tracks and helping Saul Williams on his upcoming record. Saul is one of the most talented and prolific people I've ever been in the same room with. We are both out to defy anyone's expectations and the limitations of genres and categorization with the tracks we're working on for his record and it's provided a great counterpoint to what I'm working on for nine inch nails. We have surprised ourselves at how productive the time we've spent has been...
On the NIN front, I believe I've stumbled into the missing musical "thing" I've been looking for through experimentation... it's a very exciting and inspiring time for me right now. The time between this tour and the next will be devoted to formalizing a new batch of NIN material that will be completed after the summer tour

Very interesting and exciting . . .

Dogstar 03-15-2006 12:12 PM

YES!! I saw that at ETS last night!! They've been posting pics on nin.com of Trent and Co. working on computers and instruments and what-not. At this rate, he could have this out by early next year. That sure would be a departure from previous schedules :)