CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Pickin On Creed (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6288)

tremonti4life04 04-12-2004 12:54 PM

Pickin On Creed

Ok, I was in FYE music store the other day and i saw/heard one of the weirdest things that I have ever seen in my life. There was an album sitting on the rack called "Pickin' On Creed" and it was creeds greatest hits performed on a banjo (with background music like drums of course) Has anyone ever heard of it, or own it. Anyone who owns the CD, give some feedback about it, because i was thinking about buying it but im just not sure...

Trees of Wisdom 04-12-2004 01:10 PM

I saw it on amazon.com, I think. You should read reviews given.

The Lithium 04-12-2004 02:37 PM

It's simple - just buy it!! If it has anything to do with Creed - just buy it!

RMadd 04-12-2004 03:37 PM

I've seen "Pickin' on ___" tributes for other bands as well, I think

Trees of Wisdom 04-12-2004 03:46 PM

I have a CD called "A Punk Tribute to Metallica".

hayley 04-12-2004 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tremonti4life04
Ok, I was in FYE music store the other day and i saw/heard one of the weirdest things that I have ever seen in my life. There was an album sitting on the rack called "Pickin' On Creed" and it was creeds greatest hits performed on a banjo (with background music like drums of course) Has anyone ever heard of it, or own it. Anyone who owns the CD, give some feedback about it, because i was thinking about buying it but im just not sure...

Oh my god!! That's so sad...but kinda funny, you have to admitt. There are so many things out there to do with Creed that New Zealand doesn't have :mad: I would like to hear that, but I wouldn't buy it I would just ask to listen to it

Creed_Defaultgirl 04-12-2004 08:08 PM

I have seen that before too, but, since it says pickin on Creed, I just took it off the Creed rack and put it upside down in the limp bizkit one! LOL, I figured that it was bad.......and they were making fun of my boys......am I wrong???? :confused: I'm lost now!

Now that I look back, I shouldn't have put it in the limp bizkit one, they probably thought it was cool. :rolleyes:

Lechium 04-12-2004 09:12 PM

There much better ways to pick on creed.
like come to message board full of their fans and speak yoru mind... but than again who will ever even concider doing this?

Trees of Wisdom 04-12-2004 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lechium
There much better ways to pick on creed.
like come to message board full of their fans and speak yoru mind... but than again who will ever even concider doing this?

Haha, maybe a loser like you.

Lechium 04-12-2004 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
Haha, maybe a loser like you.

see: http://www.creedfeed.com/community/s...800#post214800

JulieCitySlicker 04-12-2004 09:30 PM

Creed music with a banjo :D OMG! That is hilarious :lolsign:

The thought of anything played by a banjo makes me want to cringe!

Trees of Wisdom 04-12-2004 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lechium

LOL, I read that.

crest tattoo 04-12-2004 09:40 PM

It was put out there by someone who did not have permission from the band (obviously) to do any bios, so it is more than likely demeaning to Creed. I have Riding The Edge I bought off Ebay, and I thought the same as most of you, ohhh, Creed, I'll get anything on them. The very beginning started off by saying Creed did NOT authorize or have anything to do with the band. They weren't allowed on this tape to even use any music from Creed, but they had interviews from other places. It was really generic. It was mostly interviews of club owners where Creed started out.
Probably a waste of money.

facelessman 04-13-2004 02:50 AM

yeah, ive heard of it...ive seen it in wal-mart

RMadd 04-13-2004 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl
I have seen that before too, but, since it says pickin on Creed, I just took it off the Creed rack and put it upside down in the limp bizkit one! LOL, I figured that it was bad.......and they were making fun of my boys......am I wrong???? :confused: I'm lost now!

Now that I look back, I shouldn't have put it in the limp bizkit one, they probably thought it was cool. :rolleyes:

it doesn't have anything to do w/ "picking" in the sense of "bullying".... instead, thinking of "fingerpicking", a string instrument term... so we can infer that it's a banjo player pickin' his banjo, playing Creed songs, not someone making fun of Stapp & Co.'s style... is that clearer?