CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Help pick Aussie's next purchase!!!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8966)

aussiecreeder 04-14-2005 10:46 AM

Help pick Aussie's next purchase!!!!!

I'm more than likely to simply ignore you but lets have some democracy in action. LOL Tell me why you chose that option as well. I've got three albums I'm thinking of buying but I'm finding it almost impossible to decide which one to get.

a)Black Label Society-Mafia
b)Ronnie James Dio-Anthology that covers his greatest songs from Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath and Dio (more expensive than the other two but two disks and a dvd i think)
c)wait to Audioslave's next album comes out in May

Anna1011 04-14-2005 11:20 AM

wooohoo! rob a banks winning

Steve 04-14-2005 11:56 AM

Audioslave! I would have picked rob a bank and buy them all but the other two cd's you got there suck :P

Anna1011 04-14-2005 11:57 AM

you should rob a bank and buy us all cds :D

RMadd 04-14-2005 03:00 PM

i voted for audioslave, but i second what anna said just above this post lol

Dogstar 04-14-2005 04:43 PM

I voted for Mafia. It rocks hard. It has some awesome riffs and I'm loving it. I haven't heard Audioslave, so I can't judge, but I'm not too keen on the single.

Trimontana 04-14-2005 05:02 PM

I am not an audioslave fan so i voted Mafia...Zakk rules on the guitar :D

But really advice ya to get Getting Away with Murder from PRoach...welll i gave it a try!!! :D ;)

RMadd 04-14-2005 05:02 PM

i think we can go ahead & mark Matt down for BLS lol

Dogstar 04-14-2005 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd

LOL, for real.

aussiecreeder 04-14-2005 08:21 PM

well if i follow the advice of you guys i'll be listening to all of them........................IN JAIL!!!!!!!! ;)

thanks for everyone's input although can't say i'm any closer to a decision. maybe i'll buy mafia in the next couple of weeks, out of exile when it comes out and the dio set after that.

Wylde-Tremonti 04-14-2005 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd

;) You know Me! :D

creedsister 04-14-2005 09:43 PM

Roo Get Ronnie James Dio ....As A Matter Of Fact Its Going To Be My Next Purchase Or Just Rob The Bank A Most Perfect Time To Do Thar Is Around Xmas...When Everyone Is Dressed As Santa Claus ... :D

Anna1011 04-15-2005 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
well if i follow the advice of you guys i'll be listening to all of them........................IN JAIL!!!!!!!! ;)

it was our plan to get rid of ya j/k love ya really ;)

Bridge of Clay 04-15-2005 11:59 AM

download'em all!

RMadd 04-15-2005 12:29 PM

lol
i've already got a good chunk of Mafia... haven't bothered to dl the rest since i got 9 songs about 3 weeks ago

Ed Wood 04-15-2005 05:43 PM

The only one on there worth listening to/buying is the new Audioslave album. Can't wait for it!

And Zakk Wylde is the most overrated musician of all time. In fact, I can't even listen to him.

Wylde-Tremonti 04-15-2005 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Wood
The only one on there worth listening to/buying is the new Audioslave album. Can't wait for it!

And Zakk Wylde is the most overrated musician of all time. In fact, I can't even listen to him.

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS... How dare you... FUCK... Let's See you play Every single Randy Rhoads, Jake E Lee songs (note for note i might add) and Produce some of Ozzy's Greatest songs to date... AND Creating some AMAZING Masterpieces with Black Label... He Writes, Sings, Plays Both Acoustic and Electric Guitars... plays Piano, banjo and i'm sure some other instruments. He has Made 8 album and 2 DVDs in 7 years. He is the Hardest Working Man In Rock And Still finds time to be a Committed Father and Husband.
You must have a Really fucking narrow view of time if you honestly think Zakk wylde is the most ovverrated Musician of all time.

P.S. Yes I am Opinionated. But you can not say that Zakk is the most overrated musician of all time... considering their are some HORRIBLY overrated musicians out there... Zakk Is Deserving of more than a majority of the praise he gets.

fluttergirl 04-15-2005 05:59 PM

do i even need to tell you?

jango 04-16-2005 01:13 AM

Quote:

*Pulls up lawn chair and settles down with popcorn and Dr. Pepper.*

This is gonna be good.

fluttergirl 04-16-2005 01:53 AM

:D
those were kinda my thoughts.

tremonti4life04 04-16-2005 10:36 AM

I picked audioslave, but honestly, if i were you, i would go out and the a Wiggles cd. lol. Are those guys like the michael jacksons of australia? Ive been curious about that, cuz if so, i dont want my son watching it, haha.

Trimontana 04-16-2005 10:45 AM

i cant believe audioslave is winning!!! :wtf:

Anna1011 04-16-2005 01:03 PM

rob a bank should be winning :D

RMadd 04-16-2005 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trimontana

i can

RMadd 04-16-2005 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna1011

i guess many people on here just flat out condone a life of crime lol

fluttergirl 04-16-2005 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trimontana

and why not?

Trimontana 04-16-2005 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluttergirl
and why not?

With all my respect but cos i dunno why people think they are so good.
Some people say that Chris Cornell has better voice than Myles but i dont think so. I have heard audioslave acoustics and live concerts and i am still thinking Myles voice is better than Chris. Just my opinion, but audioslave is overrated. I dont wanna make this a competition, its just an example. There are there better bands than audioslave.Like i aid before thats just my opinion

fluttergirl 04-16-2005 04:07 PM

you dont know why?
chris cornell is a vocal god, regardless of any comparisons to anyone. that is a widely acknowledged FACT. he has played an instrumental role in rock music, and continues to do so. he came from one of the 90's best bands, Soundgarden, and continues to carry a presence on stage. yes, a lot of his range has gone. yes, his voice has deteriorated. but i dont know what shows you went to, but i have clips on my computer of live shows that are fricking ridiculous.
tom morrello is ALSO widely acknowledged as one of the best. he can play classic rock, new age, whatever. his skills are simply insane. people didnt believe that the things on the audioslave CD were him, but thought that they were tinkered with by some kind of computer/synthesizer. he did it all with his guitar.
he also has had an extremely successful solo career raising political awareness in kids and adults alike.
brad wilk and tim cummerfold are ALSO widely acknowledged as some of the best at what they do.
Tom, Brad and Tim came from RATM, ANOTHER influential band from the late 90s, with a nealy cult-like following.
if you dont like them fine, but i see no reason why their lead should come as any suprise, or how you could possibly find them OVERrated.

Ed Wood 04-16-2005 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS... How dare you... FUCK... Let's See you play Every single Randy Rhoads, Jake E Lee songs (note for note i might add) and Produce some of Ozzy's Greatest songs to date... AND Creating some AMAZING Masterpieces with Black Label... He Writes, Sings, Plays Both Acoustic and Electric Guitars... plays Piano, banjo and i'm sure some other instruments. He has Made 8 album and 2 DVDs in 7 years. He is the Hardest Working Man In Rock And Still finds time to be a Committed Father and Husband.
You must have a Really fucking narrow view of time if you honestly think Zakk wylde is the most ovverrated Musician of all time.

P.S. Yes I am Opinionated. But you can not say that Zakk is the most overrated musician of all time... considering their are some HORRIBLY overrated musicians out there... Zakk Is Deserving of more than a majority of the praise he gets.

LMAO! You reacted exactly how I knew and hoped you would, once again acting like you are completely gay for Zakk Wylde.

I don't have to be able to play that stuff (even though I doubt you can play it all) to say that I don't like him and think that he's overrated. Many people act as if he is the savior of rock music, which is just a stupid thing to say. He will never be as inventive as someone like Tom Morello. He may be better in certain ways, but will never be close to being as original as him.

And, IMO, he has one of the worst voices in the history of rock and roll.

PS: Chris Cornell rules all

Wylde-Tremonti 04-16-2005 05:15 PM

Quote:

LMAO! You reacted exactly how I knew and hoped you would, once again acting like you are completely gay for Zakk Wylde.

I don't have to be able to play that stuff (even though I doubt you can play it all) to say that I don't like him and think that he's overrated. Many people act as if he is the savior of rock music, which is just a stupid thing to say. He will never be as inventive as someone like Tom Morello. He may be better in certain ways, but will never be close to being as original as him.

And, IMO, he has one of the worst voices in the history of rock and roll.

PS: Chris Cornell rules all

I Dare you to say that to my fucking Face You Little Bitch. :mad1:

1... Yeah if you don't Like Zakk Wylde... and you think he's fucking over-rated... then go ahead... but the Fact that you call him the Most over-rated Musicians EVER... Obviously shows how Ignorant you are. yeah... Zakk's Voice isn't That great on Mafia... I'll be the 1st to admit it... but zakk is so much more than a vocalist. If you knew anything about instruments you would know that zakk is a Living Legend.

2...You obviously haven't heard Zakk's Voice back in his Pride and Glory or Solo album days... becuase then you wouldn't be talking Like a Fucking Dick like you are now.
I'm a Guitarist and i KNOW how difficult Zakk's guitar parts are. He is NOT the Most over-rated musician Of all Time... ( I reserve that place for either Billie Joe Armstrong or Kurt Cobain.)

3... I have nothing against Chris Cornell... tom Morello or the the rest of Audioslave... i think they're a great band...

Ed Wood 04-16-2005 05:23 PM

I've had this argument with other people. Just because a guitar part is difficult to play doesn't make it awesome. Music is not about playing the craziest stuff you can play, but making a coherent piece of art that appeals to the greatest amount of people. That is why I respect Cobain and Armstrong and love a lot of their songs, and don't like ZaKKKKZZKKK (or however he spells it to be cool) Wylde. I play guitar, too, but that doesn't give me the right to shove stuff in other people's faces while spewing obscenities. I think Wylde is EXTREMELY overrated, but I'm not forcing others to think that.

And don't call me a bitch, cause I would say that to your face.

Ed Wood 04-16-2005 05:24 PM

There IS a reason that Green Day and Nirvana have sold tons and tons more albums that BLS...

Wylde-Tremonti 04-16-2005 05:26 PM

Quote:

I've had this argument with other people. Just because a guitar part is difficult to play doesn't make it awesome. Music is not about playing the craziest stuff you can play, but making a coherent piece of art that appeals to the greatest amount of people. That is why I respect Cobain and Armstrong and love a lot of their songs, and don't like ZaKKKKZZKKK (or however he spells it to be cool) Wylde. I play guitar, too, but that doesn't give me the right to shove stuff in other people's faces while spewing obscenities. I think Wylde is EXTREMELY overrated, but I'm not forcing others to think that.

And don't call me a bitch, cause I would say that to your face.

Prove IT

I would beat your ass in a heartbeat. You would not call me gay to my face asshole.

Wylde-Tremonti 04-16-2005 05:28 PM

Quote:

There IS a reason that Green Day and Nirvana have sold tons and tons more albums that BLS...

That would be the same reason why N*sync and the backstreet boys sold so many albums. Stupid people that follow a TREND

Ed Wood 04-16-2005 05:58 PM

w/e, mr. rockstar.

Ed Wood 04-16-2005 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti
That would be the same reason why N*sync and the backstreet boys sold so many albums. Stupid people that follow a TREND

I'd rather listen to Backstreet than BLS. And that's not saying that I like the Backstreet Boys, but their voices are less painful to listen to than one Mr. Zakk Wylde.

NeedforCreed 04-17-2005 04:50 AM

Cop the pre-Audioslave as in RATM. That band kicked serious ass.

RMadd 04-17-2005 04:53 AM

wow, this is pretty humorous to read.

Wylde-Tremonti 04-17-2005 09:52 AM

Quote:

I'd rather listen to Backstreet than BLS. And that's not saying that I like the Backstreet Boys, but their voices are less painful to listen to than one Mr. Zakk Wylde.

And You're Calling ME gay?

aussiecreeder 04-17-2005 10:58 AM

I'll be accepting bets for this celebrity deathmatch between Zakk Wylde and Kurt Cobain.

Zakk $2.10
Kurt $3.70

Zakk is a short-priced favourite cause he's metal and he's being around Ozzy and so he's likely to bite the head off a bat and then beat Kurt to a bloody pulp! lol

*gets microwave popcorn and coke ready*