CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Darkness (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5608)

RMadd 01-20-2004 06:01 PM

The Darkness

Anybody heard of and/or like these guys? I know the lead singer may sound like a fruitcake at times, but the rhythm section is damn good. Awesome music!

facelessman 01-20-2004 10:11 PM

i love the guitar, but like you said, the singer sounds like a woman on drugs, and thats why i cant stand to listen to them

hide 01-20-2004 10:18 PM

guitar work is really great including the singer but i can't stand his voice! well a bit of cock-rock is fun every now and again i suppose.

DangerousDan85 01-21-2004 01:41 AM

they give me a headache

Dogstar 01-21-2004 01:44 AM

LMAO, Dan....I've heard the name, but I don't know their music. Somebody at the Jerry Cantrell board was chatting them up recently.

Said Eyes 01-22-2004 02:26 AM

The Darkness embody all that is good in this world. They are as awesome as the word allows. All those who do not see and appreciate the genius that is the Darkness must live in a sad, deprived world.

The Darkness is like looking back into the past at great bands of the sixties and seventies (not the shitty bands, because they suck). Like looking at a zoo exhibit of what those bands were like - watching a classic band prance around in their natual habitat.

The Darkness embody music.

The Darkness IS music.

(In case you couldnt tell, I like them)

DangerousDan85 01-22-2004 12:20 PM

did u get that from their website or something? :laugh:

facelessman 01-22-2004 12:38 PM

haha thats what im wondering

Said Eyes 01-23-2004 07:58 AM

No, but I did see them today and im seeing them again tomorrow. I stand by my post.

(plus, any rock band where the lead singer changes outfits during the set is ok in my books)

Aimee 01-23-2004 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Said Eyes
(plus, any rock band where the lead singer changes outfits during the set is ok in my books)

Especially if that lead singer is female? :laugh:

Tremontichik006 01-24-2004 05:11 PM

i just bought their cd. its rocks

facelessman 01-28-2004 11:15 PM

the singer sounds, and has the presents of freddie mercury from queen (that explais the fruityness) and he looks like peter frampton, but with really messed up teeth

RMadd 01-28-2004 11:18 PM

Right on about the teeth. But I guess it's a common problem among citizens of the U.K. You see that alot. But, if anything, he's proof you can be ugly and still a successful musician.

WeatheredWoman 01-28-2004 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
Right on about the teeth. But I guess it's a common problem among citizens of the U.K. You see that alot.

LOL!!! You must be kiddin' right?? That isn't true, for me it's the first Englishman I see with that kind of teeth... really!! Or wait... wait... the Beatles? Rolling Stones? Queen? Robbie Williams? Rod Stewart? I do not agree on that one Bear, name a few... convince me! Well maybe you must take that roadtrip to Europe after all to convince yourself... England lies across the Northsea from here ;) ;) ;) It's a 2hour boattrip!!

And I don't like the Darkness... at first when they were announced as the 70s rock "revival" I thought YES!!!! But after seeing and hearing them... Sorry :( They don't ring my bell...

RMadd 01-28-2004 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman
LOL!!! You must be kiddin' right?? That isn't true, for me it's the first Englishman I see with that kind of teeth... really!! Or wait... wait... the Beatles? Rolling Stones? Queen? Robbie Williams? Rod Stewart? I do not agree on that one Bear, name a few... convince me! Well maybe you must take that roadtrip to Europe after all to convince yourself... England lies across the Northsea from here ;) ;) ;) It's a 2hour boattrip!!

Well, from what I've seen on TV, interviews of people living in the British Isles (not including superstars such as the Beatles, Stones, etc.), they don't have good teeth. Maybe I just see lots of interviews of rural-dweller-types. So perhaps I have a skewed perspective. I'll come over if you pay for my trip, though!