CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Stapp will be playing Creed songs on tour!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7705)

BobbyMcGee 10-17-2004 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I don't pay much attention to the Grammys. They are pretty useless and they don't mean squat, really.

It's still an award. You think Mark and Flip are willing to give their grammy's back?
________
Website design
________
Wellbutrin attorneys

Dogstar 10-17-2004 09:22 PM

It's a pointless award, really. It's all about money and what's selling, it's not about judging actual talent. You even have to pay to even be considered. The Grammys are a joke, and really, that's not the issue. Mark tends to be on the harder side, music-wise, so I would expect him not to want to Creed to be remembered for only WAWO. That doesn't mean he's not proud of what Creed accomplished. For him, it's in the past. And to be honest, AB couldn't really get away with doing Creed songs, because it wouldn't be Scott singing them. There is less animosity about Scott singing them because he was the voice on the songs. I see no difference, really. I don't think either one should play/sing the Creed songs if Creed is dead. I would hate to see Scott at a concert singing Creed songs without Mark and Flip in his band. Just my 2 cents.

StillACreedFan 10-17-2004 09:46 PM

What does that quote about WAWO show? I think a lot of creed fans would agree with Tremonti. Creed has plenty of songs that are a lot more indicative of who they are than WAWO.

Dogstar 10-17-2004 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillACreedFan
What does that quote about WAWO show? I think a lot of creed fans would agree with Tremonti. Creed has plenty of songs that are a lot more indicative of who they are than WAWO.

Exactly.

Trimontana 10-17-2004 09:53 PM

Answering about awards:
I donīt think my lovely Mr Tremonti and my sweet Flip have to return back any award cos: Creed did not win NONE grammy award. Check it in the advance search from: www.grammyawards.com

All the awards Creed won you can check it at: www.creed.com/news.html

Bridge of Clay 10-17-2004 10:27 PM

no, Tremonti and Stapp won for best rock song...

Trimontana 10-17-2004 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
no, Tremonti and Stapp won for best rock song...

Are you sure it was a grammy?

Trimontana 10-17-2004 10:31 PM

Search Results Search Again.
( 1 matches found)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GRAMMY Winner Mark Tremonti & Scott Stapp,songwriters.
Genre Rock
GRAMMY Category Best Rock Song
Year 2000 - 43rd Annual GRAMMY Awards
Title of the Work With Arms Wide Open
Artist Performing Work Creed

( Page 1 of 1 )

You are right man. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DekWannaBFlea 10-18-2004 08:08 AM

I can't believe Scott is covering creed songs.....Wow.....I would rather hear scott sing the national anthem over and over again instead of hearing scott sing creed songs without the rest of creed. At least out of respect or something.

Shadow 10-18-2004 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea
I can't believe Scott is covering creed songs.....Wow.....I would rather hear scott sing the national anthem over and over again instead of hearing scott sing creed songs without the rest of creed. At least out of respect or something.

Scott is not covering anything. There are his songs to perform if he wants to. He wrote the lyrics and it was his voice that sang the songs. I say way to go Scott!!!!

Steve 10-18-2004 03:08 PM

There's more to songs than just lyrics. Just an FYI.

fluttergirl 10-18-2004 03:09 PM

but the band he will be touring with will not include tremonti, flip, marshall, or even hestla. I have no problem with him singing it, and if he wants to learn how to play the guitar, fine, but having another band play creed this soon after the breakup is disrepectful, and tacky, IMO. It would be the same thing as Myles Kennedy singing WAWO or MS.

RockGoddess 10-18-2004 05:11 PM

Quote:

Are you sure it was a grammy

The Grammy was on display in the home. (No, I have not seen it but I was told by a member of the Tremonti family that it was in fact on display) That's how ashamed Mark is of WAWO and what Creed accomplished.

(In fact, it was Stapp who totally dissed the Grammy award)

If Stapp wants to perform Creed songs let him. If that is what brings him happiness and a sense of pride and satisfaction, fine!

But I do think that the Creed breakup and the formation of Alter Bridge is A LOT like a divorce and a new marriage. Why continue to re-visit a marriage that is over? Work on the one you're in now, and let go of the other.

Torn Daredevil 10-18-2004 05:15 PM

Technically, if "Creed" is not playing the songs, they are covers.

So, Scott WOULD be covering Creed songs. FYI.

Dogstar 10-18-2004 05:50 PM

That's splitting hairs, Hellboy. He and Mark wrote the songs, so I woudn't call them covers in the conventional sense. Jerry Cantrell still plays Alice songs, but I don't consider those covers, given that he wrote most of their stuff. If you created the songs and you recorded them, they're still your songs.