CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Stapp will be playing Creed songs on tour!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7705)

The Lithium 10-15-2004 09:50 AM

Stapp will be playing Creed songs on tour!!

This SUCKS big time!!

I just downloaded a fresh interview with him from PBF, and he said he will be playing Creed songs on his tour, which is awful!! Flip, Mark and Brian were such a big part of that band, it's not fair to them or the fans! He also played Higher live acoustic in the studio, now he did it really well, but it was still awful!! That's Mark's song Goddammit! It felt like he was playing a cover! AB have decided to never ever play a Creed song, and that is, to me, the right decision.

Very disappointing!

RMadd 10-15-2004 10:19 AM

calm down there.... after all, he did write most o' the lyrics... and if he wants to take a different approach than AB is, so what?

Trimontana 10-15-2004 10:27 AM

I think Scott can do whatever he wants to do. At th end of the day he wrote the lyrics os the song so what!!!! AB is offering something new, something fresh, a new vision all of them share. Scott doesn´t need to ask anyone what he needs to sing...we will see the results of his solo career. Any way i wish him good luck.

The Lithium 10-15-2004 10:28 AM

I'm still disappointed with him!

TeriB19 10-15-2004 11:15 AM

I just hope this doesn't turn into an ownership thing where one decides no one is allowed to use his lyrics/music like the Pink Floyd/Roger Waters fiasco. I'm not sure I'd want to see Stapp doing Creed songs unless his original stuff sucked.

Bridge of Clay 10-15-2004 11:51 AM

I'm ok with WAWO, when he does it... and DSD too. as for the other, not a good idea at all.

Steve 10-15-2004 11:58 AM

I am eagerly awaiting Stapp's solo material so I can judge how good his music will be, but to me saying that he'll play Creed material will simply "degenerate" him and his solo tour into a "living on the fame of Creed" even more. Yes I know him and AB will continue to get the "former members of Creed" thing, probably for years to come, but by going out and playing Creed songs when you aren't Creed seems to me like he wants to live off that fame. That's fine and all, it doesn't bother me any. However I think to all the die-hard fans it's disrespectful. Don't get me wrong, I think it would be cool to hear AB do a Creed song here or there but I agree with and understand their decision not to do that. Same with AB doing Mayfield Four songs.

This would be like Audioslave going out on tour and mixing in Rage or Soundgarden songs into their setlist. They aren't Rage or Soundgarden, they are Audioslave now. Let's stick to new material.

Dogstar 10-15-2004 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
I just hope this doesn't turn into an ownership thing where one decides no one is allowed to use his lyrics/music like the Pink Floyd/Roger Waters fiasco.

Same here. The last thing they need is to have something else to divide them further and erode the chance to at least mend fences down the road and be friends.

I didn't want AB doing Creed songs and I wouldn't want Scott to do them, either, on his first solo tour. It's just too soon after the breakup. I just can't picture Scott up there singing and having somebody else playing the instruments. I know Chris Cornell played a few Soundgarden tunes (some acoustically) on his solo tour, and it's still weird to have that without the rest of Soundgarden.
I think it's true, what Steve said, that it will be perceived as Scott living off Creed fame because we all know he had his share of critics even at the height of Creed's fame.

The Lithium 10-15-2004 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
I'm ok with WAWO, when he does it... and DSD too. as for the other, not a good idea at all.

Yeah, okay, I agree with that. It's also okay if he would like to sing "Lullaby", since he wrote both lyrics and music for that one!

Jooji_2 10-15-2004 02:22 PM

Maybe he just doesn't want to do an entire tour playing the same what, eleven or twelve songs from a solo album every night....I don't have the financial resources to travel from city to city to see one band play....but ya know all those people who have seen multiple AB shows.....are seeing the exact same show each time, what with maybe one cover song thrown in.

Everybody is actin like he's gonna do a full blown Creed concert, when actually he may only be referring to one or two songs a night, and throwing in a few of the classic rock cover songs he's already alluded to. I'm guessing he would sing WAWO...most people expect him to sing it, considering the source of the inspiration for it. :D

The Lithium 10-15-2004 02:29 PM

One or two Creed songs each night is one or two Creed songs too much!

heinzel 10-15-2004 02:45 PM

when Stapp plays some creed songs acoutisc, then it's ok with me. I mean him alone on the guitar. But, when he plays them live with a band....

I would laugh my ass of, seeing another guitarist playing tremonti shit. I mean think about the idea, that another band with stapp plays creed songs. That's so freaking stupid...

Jooji_2 10-15-2004 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
One or two Creed songs each night is one or two Creed songs too much!

That's your opinion. I'm sure that Stapp will take it to heart. Maybe Alter Bridge should play "Bullets"....that was never one of my favorites...never skipped it...but its not one of my favs...but it does fit in with what they are doing currently. :D

So....once a band is no longer, their songs should never be played again? What about all those Creed tribute bands....hell there is even a Beatles tribute band touring the country right now. A Perfect Circle has even re-recorded John Lennon's Imagine...who woulda thunk. :D

Dogstar 10-15-2004 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jooji_2
Maybe he just doesn't want to do an entire tour playing the same what, eleven or twelve songs from a solo album every night....I don't have the financial resources to travel from city to city to see one band play....but ya know all those people who have seen multiple AB shows.....are seeing the exact same show each time, what with maybe one cover song thrown in.

With the exception of a few bands (Pearl Jam, for one), most bands do pretty much the same set list, maybe mixing up the order or changing one or two tunes. AB has only one album to work with, so obviously they would have the same list of songs every night.

Quote:

Everybody is actin like he's gonna do a full blown Creed concert...
Hyperbole. Everyone is not acting this way.

Dogstar 10-15-2004 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jooji_2
That's your opinion. I'm sure that Stapp will take it to heart. Maybe Alter Bridge should play "Bullets"....that was never one of my favorites...never skipped it...but its not one of my favs...but it does fit in with what they are doing currently. :D

:rolleyes:

Quote:

So....once a band is no longer, their songs should never be played again? What about all those Creed tribute bands....hell there is even a Beatles tribute band touring the country right now. A Perfect Circle has even re-recorded John Lennon's Imagine...who woulda thunk. :D
Tribute bands are not the same as former band members playing their songs with people other than the original band.