CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Poll: How do you rate the great devide?1-10 why? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9851)

Tremontixriffs 11-02-2005 07:42 PM

Poll: How do you rate the great devide?1-10 why?

Hey guys for those who have heard the entire album Where do rate it as far as effort 1-10 why? Sound? 1-10 why? I think stapp and the boys breaking p actually gave each faction some motivation, so now we get the best of both worlds with Stapp and AB...Whats your thoughts?

titan9 11-02-2005 07:47 PM

I just listened to the whole thing for the first time. I won't say too much, because I'd like to hear it once or twice more before I go into detail. But, right now, I'm ranking this album right around an 8 or a 9. Really, I enjoyed every track on there. It seems to have a good blend of mellow/modern rock/hard rock....which is good. The break up seems to have been a very good thing for both sides. Stapp's music sounds pretty good, as does AB's.

The Lithium 11-02-2005 08:30 PM

Keep it one thread, man!!

Bridge of Clay 11-02-2005 08:47 PM

lol

where's the poll? I won't rate it yet.

Chase 11-03-2005 01:31 AM

I give it an 8 hands down.

The Lithium 11-03-2005 02:52 AM

I think Marcos was right, though:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
Review to come later after the excitement is gone and I post with reason instead of passion.!

Took over a week for me to do that with ODR! :D

Creed7352 11-03-2005 03:08 AM

no one is saying where they got it because i believe steve asked that it not be said? could be wrong...anyhow, i got it via email...lol

i rate it 6-7...i was surprised and didn't think it would be what it is, but the harder tracks in the beginning then the softer ones later just makes me sort of lose interest in the later tracks...i either listen to the first 5 or the last 5...if it were more mixed it would be better cause i'd listen to it all at once. also, some of the lyrics seem a bit subpar than the ones in creed...it sounds like he's taken what he's said in interviews on his acoustic promo and put them into song form...meh.

INDIGOSTEVE 11-03-2005 04:32 AM

i give it a solid 9 only one track that I haven't go into track 1 everything else liked it first time around! thanks to who sent it to me!

scrit 11-03-2005 09:01 PM

waaaaaaay too early to rate yet

buut what the hell 8.75

HuMaN~ClAy 11-03-2005 09:11 PM

i'll give it a strong 8... some of the songs i think are just bad, like Let Me Go and Broken... but others i think are awesome!!! like Justify and Surround Me...

the cd is like the interview that everyone was waiting for... it tells us more about how he handled the break up and how he feels about it than any interview has done yet... i really love that.

and i honestly was expecting a cd full of "Relearn Love" like tracks haha... really thought Fight Song would be the only heavy track when that clip was released... but to my good surprise it was just a taste :)

Edited - and yea, where's the poll, lol... don't call it a poll if there isn't actually a poll here... you got my hopes up lol.

Tremontixriffs 11-03-2005 09:18 PM

Sorry dud im new to this whole poll thing..lol

HuMaN~ClAy 11-03-2005 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs
Sorry dud im new to this whole poll thing..lol

lol.. it's ok haha

LastExit2 11-03-2005 09:48 PM

I give it a 5/10, I don't like the angrier songs on the first half of the record but once it gets to Let Me Go it gets better. Stapp's voice has become quite nasal and whiny so it's best when he doesn't yell, the mellow songs work better. Fav songs are Let Me Go, Surround Me, Sublime, and parts of You will Soar and Broken.

SnowBlower-HALL 11-07-2005 10:38 AM

I've only just been given a copy of this album by this friend of mine, ;) so I've only heard each song the once,but,"Wow"..."I love each and every track.

-Surround me, and justify are powerful songs ( lyrically ) and I find myself being able to identify with more of the songs on this album, then I can with some of scotts other work. (Which I prefer, when looking for an artist.

Overall, I'd say its a 9 out of 10 from me. I like it alot.

Rocketqueen 11-07-2005 10:52 AM

well i cant wait to tell ya,a all about it, when i see it i will give all kinda of unwanted :wtf: feedback :jam: :jam: :jam: