CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What exactly is a Metalingus? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7878)

Trem24Fan 11-05-2004 02:17 PM

What exactly is a Metalingus?

Cool music, but what does it mean? :confused:

Soundslave 11-05-2004 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revisfoot
Metalingus:
An amalgum of two words, that, when broken down, literally means the "oral stimulation of metal."

Who knows if that is what the guys meant by the name

Trem24Fan 11-05-2004 03:36 PM

Wow - weird. thanks for the reply.

Torn Daredevil 11-05-2004 03:55 PM

The name "Metalingus" is a play on the term "C----lingus," which means oral stimulation of the c------s, clearly a sexual term.

That should better answer your question.

Higher_Desire 11-05-2004 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellboy
The name "Metalingus" is a play on the term "C----lingus," which means oral stimulation of the c------s, clearly a sexual term.

That should better answer your question.

I think you're right with it coming from cunnilingus, but I think with having "metal" at the beginning changes it from stimulating the clitoris or vulva to "Stimulating Metal" or something pertaining to that. Something having to do with the sound is so amazing, like feel of cunnilingus.

It's something I thought of a ways back, possibly before the album came out, but never thought of posting it.

H-D :pimp:

AndrewFromABRox 11-05-2004 11:40 PM

idk what the name has to do with the song.

Torn Daredevil 11-06-2004 12:31 AM

It's just referring to the great amount of "stimulation" Mark is giving the guitar, it being a very fast and "hard" song. Sorry if that sounded very innuendo-ish. LOL.

The Lithium 11-06-2004 04:56 PM

Ingus is a way of talking, isn't it?

Higher_Desire 11-06-2004 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
Ingus is a way of talking, isn't it?

I think you're thinking of "lingo." I don't think "ingus" is actually a word.

Trimontana 11-06-2004 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
I think you're right with it coming from cunnilingus, but I think with having "metal" at the beginning changes it from stimulating the clitoris or vulva to "Stimulating Metal" or something pertaining to that. Something having to do with the sound is so amazing, like feel of cunnilingus.

It's something I thought of a ways back, possibly before the album came out, but never thought of posting it.

:wow:

The Lithium 11-07-2004 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
I think you're thinking of "lingo." I don't think "ingus" is actually a word.

Someone at A-B.net did some research and found it it means kind a "Metal-speech".

R U Ready? 11-07-2004 05:06 PM

I think it means stimulation of the wild side in us all, that everyone has, some just more than others. The "metalhead" in us all. And Mark is tapping into that side of the listener.

XenoN 11-07-2004 10:44 PM

Alright... here's my take on Metalingus (and my first official post on the coolest board in the world.)

Alright, since we've established that the term may be derived from the term 'cunnilingus', we know that there's a sense of stimulation involved with the name.

The following snippet of lyrics:

"I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back
I'll fight to remain"

Shows that there's a sense of regret for prior events, but a new motivation, or stimulation, has transpired to inspire a fight to move on and make things better.

"On this day its so real to me
Everything has come to life
Another chance to chase a dream
Another chance to feel
Chance to feel alive"

The chorus shows that everything has become very clear, and something so vivid has given the speaker strive in a whole new sense.

So, since cunnilingus has serious connotations of "intense stimulation," the meaning of the term could only be that metal is a serious form of stimulation and motivation, giving a sense of purpose and making life worth living.

There's my two cents worth.

TeriB19 11-07-2004 10:59 PM

Welcome to Creedfeed, XenoN.

fluttergirl 11-08-2004 12:12 AM

Awesome first post.
Welcome.