CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   12/03/2004 - London, England (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8014)

Steve 11-24-2004 11:00 PM

12/03/2004 - London, England

Post your reviews here.

Trimontana 12-03-2004 06:46 AM

I am all ready to see those guys again...ready to rock on London tonite....i will post my review tomorrow....have all a nice Friday!!!!! :D :D :D

Trimontana 12-04-2004 12:55 PM

Steve i gave you message to Michael......i will post my review tomorrow....i feel sick and tired.....but a little advance i was on the soundcheck and i felt in heaven....

I will see you tomorrow guys!!!!!

Rock ON!!!!! :D :D

Dogstar 12-04-2004 12:59 PM

Wow, very cool on the sound check, Trimontana. I hope you are feeling better soon. :hugs:

Trimontana 12-05-2004 12:18 PM

Two days late.....here i go.....

I arrived to the Mean Fiddler around 15:15 pm. Someone told me that the guys just arrived around 14:00 to the venue in a taxi and get inside for an interview. I tought i wasn't going to see them again. My friend Mila arrived 15:45 pm and i was a bit upset, so i told her we should be there earlier. Anyway she didn't take so bad and she went to buy something to eat in a small shop called "Benjys" next to the venue. After 5 minutes i saw my friend calling me and i runned and said to her "what happen???". And suddenly i saw Myles and Brian just outside Astoria's door. My friend just saw Myles when she left the shop and stopped him. What a casuality!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!!. We were talking to Myles for a couple of minutes and Brian was just so awesome....he remembered me from Manchester and grabbed my hand. We had a little present for Mark, so i said to Myles if he could call Mark for a sec. There they were...Tremonti's brothers. Mark was just so sweet. He told us they were going to play at the Astoria in March and about a few more things. Then Flip came out and we were joking with him....he is a sweetheart. After a couple of minutes Brian and Flip left for an interview smoking a cigarette. After 30 minutes they came back, they signed a couple of things and they told us they were going to call Michael for us. Michael came out and let us go into the soundcheck with a couple of guys from another AB forum. When we came in Brian and Flip said "hi" with their hands in the air. I don't know for how long we were into the soundcheck, but it's just felt so quick. We were talking to Michael about the video of "Broken Winds", his family, where we came from. The guys as usual great. Mark asked us if we knew a song called "London Bridge is falling down" and he started to play the guitar trying to figure out the song. They were working out in a new song Mark just was writing about. After all that, we left saying bye to the guys and they turned out and said buy to us.

We came back to the que..were there was a bit of confussion about who was first...but it was all for the security staff who was trying to organize the people to made the entrance to the venue. At 19:00 they opened the doors. we had a luxury place again, just in front of Mark, but this time there was a guard rail separating us from the stage. Around 19:45 the guest band played their songs and at 21:00......AB were there starting the show with ODR. Myles was SUPERB.....he was running around the stage and winning the love of all the audience.
At one point, Myles said something like : "All you came here tonight, and cos we just have one album and you spent your money we wanted to give something else". So he asked for a request and someone said "Kiss". Then Tremo started to play by himself followed by Flip. Myles said....:"no , i think this isn't going to work out". And they started to play Led Zeppelin.
I loved the concert from beguining to end...and just wishing they come back again. They guys gave more than 100% on stage, maybe because it was the last one. The security staff sucked balls beacuse for a couple of times the bouncer was exactly between me and Mark.

Just give the thanks to Michael Tremonti, who's an excellent person and made possible we could be there with the guys. Thank you for everything. And thanks as well to Brian, Flip...you two are awesome, and Mark for being just so normal and sweet...and Myles you rock more every day.

:jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:

Dogstar 12-05-2004 02:23 PM

Cool review, Trimontana! You sure have had some fun times! :jam:

JonnyP 12-05-2004 05:46 PM

...and i thought the ULU gig was amazing

...pah. Ok dudes this is my first post on an AB forum so be nice. :D So anyway this was my second time of seeing the lads, as youve probably gathered I last saw them at the ULU gig with switchfoot, which was pretty amazing and was the best concert I'd ever been to. WAS. This though was just something special.

I got to the venue at about 19:15 with my four companions and after giving a spare ticket away to a homeless dude (who probably flogged it for about £70 but hey) we made our way inside. I got myself my tour tshirt and key ring and we walked in just in time to see support act The Answer begin their short but pretty sweet set. They are kinda modern led zeppy, bit like a more serious version of the darkness. they undoubtedly are pretty talented guys but their music didn't really float my boat... sorry.

Thanks to the short set we were stading around waiting for what seemed like hours before Mr T himself walked on at about 21:00 and (as expected) opened with the ODR intro (gets me going every time :D ). I gradually forced my way further to the front and would have been sooooo close to em if it wasnt for a reeeeeeally annoying security barrier thing which meant i couldnt get on the receiving end of one of Myles hand waves. Ah well. I swear i got a look and a smile from Myles and Mark which made my evening that much more special.

As the gig went on it just seemed to get louder and louder (my ears are still ringing now!) and all of them were giving it 110% despite being the last date of the tour before Xmas. Towards the end Myles asked for requests for covers and someone from the back shouted 'SWEET CHILD OF MINE!!' which they played a few verses of lol. So cool. And then they launched into Rock 'n' Roll by Led Zep and Highway Star by Deep Purple. At some point (bit of a blur now lol) Myles and Mark had a lil guitar battle. Think Mark got a bit carried away tho lol. Encore was the usual acousitc ILM and then OYE to finish. The crowd were crazy all evening and were at some points drowning out the band. Basically the atmosphere was immense and I swear I saw Myles giving Mark a 'wow this is pretty special' sort of look. I just dread to think what they'll be like at the Astoria :confused:

Soz for dragging on. I'm becoming obsessed :paperbag:

:wow:

AlterCreed 01-05-2005 05:00 PM

You gave away a ticket?
i would hav sold it to the dudes who kept trying to sell me one even though i was clearly standing, ticket in hand and staring at them blankly.

i wont bore ya'll with how my night went it was more like the second guys as i was at work until like 6:30 so i had to make it across to the other side of london to meet my cousin and co. and it was so amazing.

i have still not got over it.
Roll on March.