CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   has stapp gone mad? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8019)

aussiecreeder 11-24-2004 11:05 PM

has stapp gone mad?

quoted from recent interview with 94.7 the zone

Creed's Greatest Hits comes out today, containing both a CD and DVD surveying the hard rock group's six-year recording career. With a split announced earlier this year, it would seem the be the final word on Creed, but frontman Scott Stapp said he won't rule out working with bandmates Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips, and Brian Marshall in the future: "The door's always gonna be open with me and Mark for the future, in what we do after these projects... There's nothing to say that if those guys aren't touring or doing something, if I want Phillips to come play on my record, I'm sure he would do it. Same with Brian. Even Mark would play, I'm sure, if I asked him to."

the man is either delusional or is a liar........

Higher_Desire 11-24-2004 11:26 PM

It's still living in the realm near yesterday. Things weren't working between them, and they decided to call it. We do not know all the details. We will NEVER know all the details. All we will ever have is pieces. Only they know everything about what went on and where things stand between them. What they've said are only pieces.

The fact remains, they are still friends. They didn't cut off friendship ties, and friends leave doors open. Scott would like to work with them again down the road someday. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't. Right now, Mark and the other guys don't want to do it. Maybe someday that'll change, maybe it won't. But, the door is open, and it always will be.

Rev. H-D :pimp:

aussiecreeder 11-25-2004 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
It's still living in the realm near yesterday. Things weren't working between them, and they decided to call it. We do not know all the details. We will NEVER know all the details. All we will ever have is pieces. Only they know everything about what went on and where things stand between them. What they've said are only pieces.

The fact remains, they are still friends. They didn't cut off friendship ties, and friends leave doors open. Scott would like to work with them again down the road someday. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't. Right now, Mark and the other guys don't want to do it. Maybe someday that'll change, maybe it won't. But, the door is open, and it always will be.

find a single quote from mark or any of the others that would support scott's statement, you won't find it. again he is either deluded or is lying to save face. first he had tremonti leave him and then jeff martin. who next santana?

Ann Allusion 11-25-2004 10:28 AM

never say never...'cause situations can change for one reason or another..and i believe that it is very optimistic of stapp to "leave the door open"....

as for your question: "Has stapp gone mad?"

what seems like maddness to one man is but another man's genius

Disillusioned 11-25-2004 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire

Not to start an argument or even disagree, but how do you know that they are still friends? To my knowledge (and I could be wrong) I haven't heard or read where any of the guys in AB have acknowledged an ongoing friendship with Stapp...well I *think* it was Flip who said in an interview in answer to that question, something about using the term loosely?

Edited to add -- my vote goes for delusional ;)

Higher_Desire 11-25-2004 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
find a single quote from mark or any of the others that would support scott's statement, you won't find it. again he is either deluded or is lying to save face. first he had tremonti leave him and then jeff martin. who next santana?

That's because they're in different places right now, musically speaking. Stapp is willing to talk about it and do it, and right now, the other guys aren't. Give it some time.

H-D :pimp:

Bridge of Clay 11-25-2004 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disillusioned
Not to start an argument or even disagree, but how do you know that they are still friends? To my knowledge (and I could be wrong) I haven't heard or read where any of the guys in AB have acknowledged an ongoing friendship with Stapp...well I *think* it was Flip who said in an interview in answer to that question, something about using the term loosely?

Edited to add -- my vote goes for delusional ;)

exactly

cariocawlad 11-25-2004 02:45 PM

I think Stapp could speak less and work more. Come on Guy! Give us something to eat! I wanna hear his voice singing again!

Trimontana 11-25-2004 04:05 PM

I always though Stapp was a liar about all Creed stuff....i get to that conclusion after saw him in a lot of tv interviews.....it doesn't mean i ADMIRED(past) him as a singer...but he doesn't got any credibility as a person.

The Lithium 11-25-2004 05:22 PM

Stapp is lying, yes. He even said in a interview not long ago: "You know, Creed have slipt up, but the doors is always open, and I'm SURE there will be another Creed record down the road".

Dogstar 11-26-2004 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cariocawlad
I think Stapp could speak less and work more. Come on Guy! Give us something to eat! I wanna hear his voice singing again!

Well said! ;)

StillACreedFan 11-27-2004 06:07 PM

I think you all read too much into every little thing that's said. None of us really know what happened, so if Stapp says that he thinks the door is still open then how can someone here debate that?

Jester 11-30-2004 04:09 PM

I dunno ..... somethin just don't add up here ......

I think that scott Finally woke up and relized what every one thought of him and called a "split" of the band so her could pick up the peices of his broken ego and such but I think that you will see Creed reunited with in about 5 years here.

Agent D 12-01-2004 10:36 AM

Sometimes people on this board are retarded.

You're labeling Scott "delusional" because he's saying that he is completely willing to work with Tremo, Flip, and Brian again? How the hell is that delusional? He's just holding out hope that's all. Personally, I'd love to see it happen despite how much I love Alter Bridge.

Dogstar 12-01-2004 12:05 PM

Maybe he's more in denial rather than delusional.