CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Audioslave heading for the studio!!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6591)

Dogstar 05-13-2004 07:14 PM

Audioslave heading for the studio!!!!

Got this e-mail today from Sony Music:

"Audioslave is going into the studio to record their second album very soon. Interscope Records will be releasing this next album.

In order to keep you up-to-date with the latest Audioslave news, Sony Music would like to give your email address to Interscope Records. If you do not want your email address given to Interscope A&M Records for this purpose, please Click here to unsubscribe by May 20, 2004.

You can always continue to get the latest on Audioslave at www.audioslave.com

(c) 2004 Sony Music Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SMOS | 550 Madison Avenue 24th Floor | New York, NY 10022
Sony Privacy Policy "

Don't know the reason for the label switch, but whatever. Wasn't Soundgarden originally signed by A&M?....Anyway, it's great news about the studio work...I'm stoked!

WeatheredWoman 05-13-2004 07:20 PM

Thnx so much for the info Dogstar!!! :thumbsup:

Something beautiful is coming up... again!!! :D

Trees of Wisdom 05-13-2004 07:25 PM

You beat me to it. I was going to post about this! :mad:

Dogstar 05-13-2004 07:40 PM

LOL, I think everybody must have gotten the e-mail at the same time. It's great news, though. That means a tour, I'm sure...Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Can't WAIT.

Trees of Wisdom 05-13-2004 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
LOL, I think everybody must have gotten the e-mail at the same time. It's great news, though. That means a tour, I'm sure...Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Can't WAIT.

Wasn't Audioslave's former label Epic?

I can't wait for the album. I am guessing that the album will be released in October or November.

Dogstar 05-13-2004 07:55 PM

Yeah, it was but I think it's a subsidiary or something. Fricken Sony owns a lot.

aussiecreeder 05-13-2004 08:40 PM

were not both labels fighting over the band and came to a compromise which was Epic releasing the first, Interscope the second etc? this is great news another album to look forward to this year. the debut was good but not as good as soundgarden's stuff. hoping for something great this time around. lets hope for less dj effects from morello.

Dogstar 05-13-2004 08:42 PM

Yeah, I think Interscope was that other label, now that you mention it. I love Morello's effects :D...

aussiecreeder 05-13-2004 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Yeah, I think Interscope was that other label, now that you mention it. I love Morello's effects :D...

it was a bit overdone on their debut album i thought, its cool just a bit too much of it. i would like some more complexity and show off a bit more! :D hard to believe he was in a band with adam jones, that would have been something.

Dogstar 05-13-2004 08:53 PM

Hmmm, I don't know. I really loved their debut. I didn't find the effects overdone. I thought most of them fit a lot of the songs...I mean, they will never be Soundgarden or Rage. It's a different mix. I'm just really curious about the new stuff, though.

aussiecreeder 05-13-2004 08:58 PM

the effects weren't really that bad, the biggest problem was that the album was too long and their were too many so-so songs. keep this one to 12 songs and release the rest as b-sides and/or soundtracks. i also don't think cornell's voice is what it used to be. hoping its back up to that mid 90's level, this would be in my top 3 albums that i'm looking forward to this year! :)

Dogstar 05-13-2004 09:05 PM

Wow, I love every song on that album. I never skip any of them. I think the weakest one may be Cochise, but even that one is cool. I agree about Cornell's voice, but that happens with age, alcohol and cigarettes, LOL...I don't think he'll ever reach that early to mid-90s form again.

Trees of Wisdom 05-13-2004 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
were not both labels fighting over the band and came to a compromise which was Epic releasing the first, Interscope the second etc? this is great news another album to look forward to this year. the debut was good but not as good as soundgarden's stuff. hoping for something great this time around. lets hope for less dj effects from morello.

Actually, they're whammy effects. And they're pretty cool.

Steve 05-13-2004 09:11 PM

There's a few songs on the album I don't like but that doesn't really ruin the album. I just reach over and hit the "Next" button on my cd player. I think it was a solid album, one of my favs for the year it was released.

BTW, the debut album was released on Epic Records which is owned by Sony Music. Interscope Records is owned by Universal Music. As far as I know, they are separate companies. Maybe Universal recently merged or bought out Sony Music? Universal did just merge with NBC...

aussiecreeder 05-13-2004 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
There's a few songs on the album I don't like but that doesn't really ruin the album. I just reach over and hit the "Next" button on my cd player. I think it was a solid album, one of my favs for the year it was released.

BTW, the debut album was released on Epic Records which is owned by Sony Music. Interscope Records is owned by Universal Music. As far as I know, they are separate companies. Maybe Universal recently merged or bought out Sony Music? Universal did just merge with NBC...

whammy effects? oh sorry... :D

it was a solid album and i'm living in the past but compare it to batmotorfinger or superunknown. sony and universal must have a friendly relationship if sony is promoting a interscope release. my fav from audioslave was "light my way". if its cut down to 12 songs or so i'm sure it will be sweet as!