CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Why don't Creed get more creds? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5968)

bobben 02-27-2004 05:13 PM

Why don't Creed get more creds?

I'm from Norway and hip-hop and pop (Kurt Nilsen) is the big thing here. Creed and all the millions of Creed-wannabe's are really hated over here. The norwegian youth's big idols are f.x. Eminem and guys like him. BUT! Why does Eminem (f.x) gets so much cred? He have released like 3 album.....same as Creed. Eminem has sold 33 million copies of his albums worldwide.....Creed have sold app. 30. But I never hear a word of Creed in the music news... Why's that? (Eminem is just an example) PS. I'm the only "die hard " Creed-fan i Norway.... hehe :cool:

Jester 02-27-2004 06:28 PM

no offence Bobben but Norwegian have no taste in music (no offence to you) but I will tell you I live in california and I know many Norwegian and not one of them like creed.

but good for you maybe if creed can convert one norwegian maybe you can start to covert more :)

Rift 02-27-2004 07:35 PM

I can't understand why anybody likes eminem, he is a talentless moron, that rhymes a bunch of words together to a drum machine, play a damn instrument and sing about something that matters(ha ha) he sucks!

Jester 02-27-2004 09:20 PM

I like Eminem I think he is funny as hell ;)

creedsister 02-27-2004 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rift
I can't understand why anybody likes eminem, he is a talentless moron, that rhymes a bunch of words together to a drum machine, play a damn instrument and sing about something that matters(ha ha) he sucks!

Hey Rift LOVE YO AVI,,,Motley Rocks :rofl: And Creed Does to but Not acording To the dudes country that started This thread Which i cant spell hehe''Hey Dude This place sounds like it Sucks in stuff those People sound like there something wrong wit em GET yo ASs outhere dont take good old creed sis advice to shame,,,

Rune 02-27-2004 11:21 PM

jester, just because people don't like creed doesn't mean they don't have taste in music, they just don't have your taste :P

RMadd 02-28-2004 12:16 AM

I like both Eminem and Creed (obviously). Some of Em's older stuff is to be despised, but his more recent stuff, if you listen, can be moving and meaningful. Sure, he drops the F-bomb and all, but he's openly critical of many social norms, even those present in most rap music. He sings about his daughter. He talks about making the most with what you've got, etc. Though the medium through which he presents many of his ideas may not be the best, he would be viewed as a social genius if he was, say, Bono or Sting, etc. As for Creed not being as popular as they might deserve, I'd say it's because there's a plethora of "post-grunge" bands out there, and people who aren't hardcore fans are a tad inundated w/ all the bands.

facelessman 02-28-2004 01:47 AM

some ppl just dont appreciate good music

bobben 02-28-2004 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
no offence Bobben but Norwegian have no taste in music (no offence to you) but I will tell you I live in california and I know many Norwegian and not one of them like creed.

but good for you maybe if creed can convert one norwegian maybe you can start to covert more :)

That's what I'm saying! With Arms Wide Open was a hit here and everybody here thinks that this song is the hardest song they have ever written... :(

Well, bands like Turbonegro comes from Norway.... have anyone heard about them?

Creed has sold 25000 albums (Gold in Norway) over here (only Human Clay) and that was only a result of EXTREME advertiseing where they sent the screen advertisement for Human Clay every 5 minutes! And that only resulted in 25 000! Stupid norwegians! hehe :D

creed_sweden 02-28-2004 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobben
I'm from Norway and hip-hop and pop (Kurt Nilsen) is the big thing here. Creed and all the millions of Creed-wannabe's are really hated over here. The norwegian youth's big idols are f.x. Eminem and guys like him. BUT! Why does Eminem (f.x) gets so much cred? He have released like 3 album.....same as Creed. Eminem has sold 33 million copies of his albums worldwide.....Creed have sold app. 30. But I never hear a word of Creed in the music news... Why's that? (Eminem is just an example) PS. I'm the only "die hard " Creed-fan i Norway.... hehe :cool:

hey man...
i got just one thing to tell you...
Creed has sold Gold in Norge..;)
Im from sweden you know...
And i know...its exactly the same here...
Its only me and Extreme Lithium who is "die hard" fans...
But btw...i hate Eminem...Hip-hop and rap sucks too...
MTV Europe will not play music such as Creed, Chevelle, MxPx, Lost Prophets, Static X, Submersed (in the future), Rob Zombie, Finger Eleven etc...
the only rock music we will get via MTV is Metallica, Nickelback and some Foo's...
and THAT is NOT enough!
MTV europe SUCKS! :mad1:

Sweden and Norway ROCKS!

bobben 02-28-2004 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creed_sweden
hey man...
i got just one thing to tell you...
Creed has sold Gold in Norge..;)
Im from sweden you know...
And i know...its exactly the same here...
Its only me and Extreme Lithium who is "die hard" fans...
But btw...i hate Eminem...Hip-hop and rap sucks too...
MTV Europe will not play music such as Creed, Chevelle, MxPx, Lost Prophets, Static X, Submersed (in the future), Rob Zombie, Finger Eleven etc...
the only rock music we will get via MTV is Metallica, Nickelback and some Foo's...
and THAT is NOT enough!
MTV europe SUCKS! :mad1:

Sweden and Norway ROCKS!

YEEEEAH!!!
Nice to see some Scandinavian people in here!! I hate MTV.... Long live VH1. They send Creed all the time!

I hope that we can establish a Creed-fan club in Scandinavia! That's my goal!

Sweden and Norway ROCKS!! :cool: