CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   3 Doors Down promise new album (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6663)

aussiecreeder 05-23-2004 02:31 AM

3 Doors Down promise new album

i'm honestly fairly indifferent about these guys but i know there are some fans so;

Brad Arnold likes to plan ahead. The 3 Doors Down frontman already knows that Feb. 8, 2005, is the release date for the group's next Republic/Universal album. Nevermind that there's a summer tour with Nickelback and the small matter of recording the album still to come.

"We're going to do a really big push with Wal-Mart and some other retailers, and that's when we promised it," Arnold tells Billboard. Of course, if the material isn't there, he adds, the release date will be pushed back. "If it's not what we believe in, it won't be there, but I really think we can do it. It's always better when you have a goal and you don't get in there and dillydally around."

Performance rights society BMI honored the band last week by naming "When I'm Gone" college song of the year. Arnold admits that he was surprised, given the song's mainstream appeal, that "When I'm Gone" found a college following.

"College radio is definitely a little more underground, so we were just thrilled," he says. "When we write, we just try really, really hard not to rule anybody out. We don't try to go for any little niche."

The upcoming album will be the follow-up to 2002's "Away From the Sun," which debuted at No. 8 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 3 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The 3 Doors Down/Nickelback tour kicks off June 29 in St. Paul, Minn.

-- Melinda Newman, L.A.

certainly a bold step.....

creedsister 05-23-2004 12:37 PM

This will be on of the Next Albums I cant wait to get my little hands on Over the past year Away From The Sun Is been like The soundtrack Of My Life, HaHa They Sure Didnt Leave Me Out

JenRN 05-24-2004 08:58 AM

I personally can't wait for this to come out! I love 3DD, they were great whe I saw them in January and I have PIT seats for the show this summer in VA Beach. They are such a nice group of guys....... can't wait :D

Jooji_2 05-26-2004 04:42 PM

I saw them in late March here in Birmingham and they played a new song, a ballad, called Let Me Go. They wanted the audience to tell them if it was a keeper or not. So apparently they write alot while on the road.

Their opening band was Atomship. A bit too heavy for my taste, but I though they were excellent. I really wouldn't have been interested in a Nickleback tour....sorry....I'm pretty indifferent about them. 3 Doors Down is one of a handful of bands that I will buy whatever they put out...without having heard it. :D