CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mayfield 4...suprised how i sounds good (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8902)

cariocawlad 04-03-2005 02:14 PM

Mayfield 4...suprised how it sounds good

I being curious about the band and searched for their music. The sound is very good and original. It was a really good band and we know that we have a vocalyst with many qualities in AB (song writer, guitar player,etc.) after hear it.
The song white flag is quite beautifull and I recommend for everyone who never listened MF4 to do it.

Peace.

TeriB19 04-03-2005 04:14 PM

Mayfield Four was awesome. Summergirl is beautiful, and I love Loose Cannon!

Anna1011 04-03-2005 04:16 PM

i havent heard much by them but what i have heard ive loved. :)

Soundslave 04-03-2005 04:50 PM

They were definately a great group. I think I liked their first album, Fallout, better than Second Skin. But my favorite song is Mars Hotel.

The note Myles hits at the end of Summergirl is just incredible

titan9 04-03-2005 06:23 PM

The only Mayfield Four song that I've heard is "Eden". And I really love that song. I wouldn't mind buying a couple of Mayfield Four albums, just based on that song and on what Myles is doing in Alter Bridge.

Dogstar 04-03-2005 06:27 PM

Titan, get them. They are really, really good.

Ana4Stapp 04-03-2005 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cariocawlad
I being curious about the band and searched for their music. The sound is very good and original. It was a really good band and we know that we have a vocalyst with many qualities in AB (song writer, guitar player,etc.) after hear it.
The song white flag is quite beautifull and I recommend for everyone who never listened MF4 to do it.

Peace.

Where did you find MF4 songs? On internet? Or did you buy their albums?:confused:
Cause I can't find them ... :( :help:

Dogstar 04-03-2005 08:04 PM

Ana, I got mine on half.com. You can find a ton of used CDs there. I've bought a lot of stuff from them, and I think I had a problem with only one CD. Other than that one, it's been great.

RMadd 04-03-2005 08:13 PM

Second Skin is an amazing CD! Eden, Mars Hotel, Carry On, Backslide, White Flag, Flatley's Crutch, Summergirl.... wow!

scrit 04-03-2005 09:31 PM

Th Mayfield Four is a great band! I probably like second skin better than fallout because it is easier to listen to. It has some really great songs on it to (Believe, Carry on, Flatley's Crutch). Fallout has a marvin gaye cover on it which is a little...strange, but otherwise it is a great album also.

Soundslave 04-03-2005 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrit
Th Mayfield Four is a great band! I probably like second skin better than fallout because it is easier to listen to. It has some really great songs on it to (Believe, Carry on, Flatley's Crutch). Fallout has a marvin gaye cover on it which is a little...strange, but otherwise it is a great album also.

I think the Marvin Gaye cover is awesome haha.

Second Skin is definately a softer album. Mars Hotel, Eden, Believe, Carry On, White Flag, and Summergirl are all easy listening.

Fallout is more of an eclectic album. The songs are more unusual and varied.

Dogstar 04-03-2005 10:06 PM

Yeah, I actually like Fallout a little more than Second Skin, but I listen to both of them all the time.

RMadd 04-04-2005 12:00 AM

which Gaye songs did they cover?

aussiecreeder 04-04-2005 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
which Gaye songs did they cover?

"Inner City Blues" and good job I must add..... :)

RockGoddess 04-04-2005 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
"Inner City Blues" and good job I must add..... :)

My absolute fave on that album.