CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Some encouragement, please. (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7097)

TeriB19 07-19-2004 02:15 PM

Some encouragement, please.

Hi guys, I haven't been on the Feed very much lately. Many of you know why and for those who don't know, my husband is being deployed overseas next month. He left today for 5 weeks of training, and then in August he'll be deployed, probably to Kuwait. He'll be overseas for 6 months so we don't expect him home here until late February or early March. Aside from that, my Mom has been having these 'episodes' where she's fully congnizant one minute, and then the next, she can't remember how to do simple tasks. These episodes vary in length and in strength. She called me today and as we were speaking on the phone she had one. She's been to several neurologists for testing and no one can find out what is causing these. So I've been just a little stressed out as of late. Any and all encouragement from you guys, my extended Creed family, would come in very handy. For those of you who already knew about Don's deployment, my continued love and thanks for all you guys have done. Your encouragement and support have meant the world to me.

goddess_bb 07-19-2004 02:57 PM

Terri,
I know life can be overwhelming and I know that it is easy to feel alone please just remember that you are not. That there are many around here who care deeply for you and respect you.
I think sometimes people forget how it is not only extrodinarly hard for our brave men to leave their homes and families but for the wives...those men would not be what they are which is extremly brave and courageous without their wives and families. It is true behind every great man is a equally great woman...the best to you Terri in this time of great trial..
I know it may say trivial but thank you to you,your huband and family for your sacrifice is appreciated and noted.
I am sorry about your Mom, God Bless.

Dogstar 07-19-2004 03:23 PM

Well said, goddess. And Teri, you know you can always count on me. Mega hugs to you, my friend.

hotforscott 07-19-2004 04:00 PM

Hey Teri,

You breifly mentioned Don leaving in your note a few weeks ago and I want you to know you guys have been in my thoughts and prayers. I know he will return home safely. I was unaware of your Mom's condition, but she will be in my thoughts also. I hope things are going okay, and I want you to know I am thinking of you.

Carrie

GoodGodGirl23 07-19-2004 04:14 PM

I just sent a prayer your way to you and your family Teri...

Shadow 07-19-2004 08:07 PM

Wow Teri, your plate is full. I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you. Your husband is one of America's heroes. I admire all the men and women who serve their time for our country.

Keep us updated on your mom's condition. My thoughts are with you Teri.

TeriB19 07-19-2004 10:29 PM

Thanks everyone, for those great words, and for your thoughts and prayers. You can't even imagine how much it means to me.

Creed_Defaultgirl 07-19-2004 10:46 PM

Wow, that's a lot of stress you've got on you. As goddess said, thankyou to you're husband, you and your family. I'll keep you, your mom, family, and husband in my prayers.

cjme 07-19-2004 10:51 PM

The first day must be one of the hardest, hon. You've got my #, use it.

whitebird 07-19-2004 11:18 PM

Teri, this will be you and your husband's growing time. Not easy, not fun, very stressful, and sometimes very fearful.

The people that we eventually become, are formed by these hardships. You are strong, and kind, and with each of these difficult experiences, you will become even stronger and kinder, if you choose to be.

Life can make some people bitter, and cold, not you I am truly confident. If in the comming months, you cannot feel strength within yourself, come here to us. All of us will help you get through. Please E-Mail me if you want, as I will do anything I can to help you.

My Mother is 75 years old, and I can see her slowing down, and it hurts me to see this. I'm sure that the problems your Mother is experiencing, is even more difficult to understand, when you do not know what is going on medically.

Stay strong, kind, wise and connected.

Your friend, whitebird

Weathered 07-20-2004 12:35 AM

Hey Teri......I'm sorry to hear about all this. I will be keeping you, your husband, and your mom in my prayers...I hope all turns out well for you. :)

Seth

hayley 07-20-2004 03:00 AM

I'm sorry you are going through alot right now, I'm sure youre husband will be kept in safe hands and he will return home safe and sound. :hugs: I hope that they find the reason for your Mother's episodes, that sure is weird but I'm sure she will be okay, too. You will be in my thoughs and prayers, if you ever need anything you know we are here for you. :hugs: :hugs:

JulieCitySlicker 07-20-2004 10:18 AM

I do remember you mentioning that your husband had to go overseas in a pm you sent me Teri:( I'll be praying for you, that God will give you strength and courage during this time and that your thoughts stay positive and I'll also be praying for your husband's safe return! *Hugs*

I'm sorry to hear about your mom! My friend Melody's mom has those episodes to, from what she has told me, it sounds very sililar to that. I have not been there to see it, but Melody told me that she had an episode like that this past weekend when she was home. I'll be praying for your mom as well!

creedsister 07-20-2004 01:09 PM

Teri Life can suck sometimes and aint no way sweetie you can sugar coated it Im not one of those people that trys too I Will Pray For You And Your Hubby And your mom My Advice When Gets Like This :banghead: Do This Hun Take these things And leave,em at his feet then dont look back noir turn around And walk On :jam: God Bless ya,

Dogstar 07-20-2004 04:32 PM

*bumpadelic* for Teri :hugs:

TeriB19 07-20-2004 10:59 PM

Thanks guys. Big hugs to you all. I spoke with a friend today who is going to put me in touch with a guidance counselor at Jenn's new school. Both my girls are not handling Don's absence well and are taking it out on each other and me in a bad way. I'm hoping she can help me with learning how to deal with this situation.

Dogstar 07-20-2004 11:08 PM

Oh, man, thats sucks big time, Teri. It's so difficult for children so young to understand what's going on. But I know what a great mom you are, so I know you and the girls will be fine. :hugs: :hugs: and more :hugs:

JulieCitySlicker 07-21-2004 12:04 AM

I hope that the counselling will help give your children understanding of why their daddy is away Teri :) I will definitely be praying for you and your family Teri :hugs:

hayley 07-21-2004 04:54 AM

That sucks :( I'm sure the girls will be all right after awhile. :hugs: Everything will get better

whitebird 07-21-2004 08:32 PM

Teri, I wish I could help,your kids taking it out on you, and each other is very stressful I'm sure.

Too bad we can't rotate CreedFeed Aunties, I love kids, and don't have any girls of my own.

Kimvan 07-21-2004 10:17 PM

Teri, sweetie, you know that you and Don and the girls have been in my prayers. I'll also pray for your mom; I know firsthand what you're going through as I've been dealing with that with my own mom. As Whitebird says, trials like this hurt at the time you're going through them, but in the long run, each one makes you a stronger person. Put your trust in God, know that He is in control. He listens when you pray, believe me. His grace and mercy can carry you when you have no strength of your own. I know this from personal experience, not just talkin' bible talk here... :D I love you, and you know I'm here for you, whatever you need, any time, day or night (and I mean that), I'll do whatever I can to help!

P.S. Thanks for the b'day card; for you to think of me when you're going through all this....you're a true friend sweetie! :)

JenRN 07-23-2004 10:11 AM

Teri,
I am sory to hear how difficult this is becoming for you, I have such great respect for military personnel and thier families. I am sorry to hear about your mom as well, I think it is time to get a second opinion. I look forward to seeing you in September i will try for a few days to get your mind off of things and have a good time with you! Please know we love you and are thinking of you all the time!
:)

TeriB19 07-24-2004 09:29 PM

Thanks everyone. Jen, I'm really looking forward to your visit, hopefully Sheila can make it too. I hear from Don every night, he's still going through preparations like getting paperwork done, shots, tests, etc. We won't know if he's going to get a chance to come home before he ships out for awhile. The girls miss him terribly and I'm losing my mind without him. Luckily, I've got a great support system, not only here in my neighborhood and with family but with the members of this board as well. I had the pleasure of getting out of the house for awhile last night (thanks to Mom for babysitting) and I got to spend the evening with two of my great friends Kerri & Linda. We got to see Octane in Philly (my first time seeing them live!) and I had such a great time. It was so good just to get away and spend time with friends and not have to play referee to Damian and Satan for one night.

Anyway, enough rambling, suffice it to say, I love you guys for all your prayers, friendship and support and depend on you more than you could imagine!!

Dogstar 07-25-2004 01:32 PM

Right back at ya, Teri! :hugs:...We DID have a blast and I'm hoping we can do it again very soon...like Tuesday ;)! :jam:

JulieCitySlicker 07-25-2004 03:38 PM

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: For Teri :)

Sheila63 07-25-2004 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
Thanks everyone. Jen, I'm really looking forward to your visit, hopefully Sheila can make it too.

Teri, I'm so sorry for not being here before now. This past week was a busy one and I haven't been here since last weekend. I remember you mentioning that Don might get deployed. Knowing this, you, Don and your girls have all be in my thoughts and prayers a lot the last several weeks. I'm so happy you were able to get out and have some fun with Kerri and Linda.

I totally respect and admire the men and women who serve in the military as well as their spouses and families. Please know that you have my support and yes, I will be coming in September!! I wouldn't miss it for the world!! I miss all of you so much!! :hugs: :hugs: I hope we can help you and the girls have some fun while we're there.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom too. I know how scary it can be when you don't know what's going on. I think Jen is right, maybe it would be good to get a second opinion. I will say somes prayers for her as well.:hugs:

Remember we love you and we're here for you. Can't wait to see you in September!!! :dancing:

Steve 07-25-2004 08:59 PM

Hey Teri, sorry I haven't been on the forums myself in the last week - been really busy. I just came across this thread. I have you and your family in my prayers. I hope that everything will work out alright. As always, feel free to message me anytime you need to.

cjme 07-26-2004 10:02 PM

Teri, how are you holding up after the first week? You still alive or have you turned into :drunk2: ??????

TeriB19 07-26-2004 10:47 PM

Hey all. Mom's doing ok and we've heard from Don every night before the girls go to bed. He may be coming home Wednesday for the night. While I'm really happy to have him coming home, I'm a little concerned about how hard it will be for the girls to have to say goodbye to him all over again when he gets shipped overseas. We had a really tough first week away from him, behavior-wise. They fought a LOT. I just hope his coming then going back doesn't start them to fighting all over again.

WeatheredWoman 07-26-2004 10:54 PM

Awww Teri! Sure some rough times are coming your way!
Sending some strengthening and powerful hugs & feelings towards you, your precious family and your mom!
I wish we could all take a piece of your hard times and make it any easier for you and your family...

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

hayley 07-27-2004 07:20 PM

Teri, I'm sure that everything will be okay in the end, good to hear that things are getting a little easier, though. :) It's great that you went out for a night and escaped everything, that's always the way to go beacuse it makes you feel better. :hugs:

Shadow 07-27-2004 08:05 PM

Teri, I'm sorry I haven't posted in this thread again. I have been thinking of you and please keep the updates coming.

whitebird 07-27-2004 09:45 PM

Dear Teri, the girls, and yourself need to see Don, as much as he needs to see all of you.

No matter what happens when he leaves again, you are a strong woman, and will be able to handle two little girls, who are going thru a rough time.

I can't say that I understand, because my husband just missed the Viet Nam war. OK, I know that dates me, forget I said that. :D

Just know this, I may be totally for peace, and against war, but I truly care about you, your family and your husband. Take special care at this time, and keep us posted.

Prayer For Peace

whitebird

Creed_Defaultgirl 07-28-2004 01:31 AM

Teri, it's good to hear that your husband will be coming home. Hopefully you're girls won't start fighting again, because we all know it puts a lot of stress on you. I'll keep you, and your family in my prayers. It's great that you got out for a night and had fun. Make sure you do that sometimes, and try to get away from it all. When you need to talk to someone, all of us here at CreedFeed are here for you. Stay strong girl!

Kimvan 07-28-2004 09:51 PM

Teri, we've got your back, sweetie!! Glad to hear Don could be home for a bit before going overseas....I'll pray for peace in your household, especially between the girls. Children are quite resilient, and they do adapt eventually, it will just take them some time I guess. Maybe try to keep them as busy as possible, with the time that you have other than work, etc., when they're really busy, hopefully their little minds will be so occupied they won't dwell on it so much. And let's not forget, school will be starting in a little more than a month, which will keep them busy as well. Hang in there, girlfriend, and if you need to talk, you know we're always here. Love ya! :)

TeriB19 07-29-2004 09:21 AM

Hi all, I spoke with the guidance counselor from Jenn's school last night. She offered me some great reading ideas and is lending me a book that sounds like exactly what I need. It has several games and ideas for getting the girls to talk about how they feel about this deployment and hopefully they won't be taking their frustrations out on each other.

Mom's been doing ok lately, no more episodes as of yet (KNOCK WOOD!!). Thank you for your continued love and support!! You all mean the world to me. :hugs:

hayley 08-01-2004 01:39 AM

It goes to show prayers really do come true :)

Sheila63 08-01-2004 07:13 PM

Teri, I'm happy to hear your mom hasn't had any more episodes and I'm glad the guidance couselor was able to give you some materials to help with the girls. :) All of you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. :hugs:

SCOTTSMYMAN 08-04-2004 02:48 PM

Teri, sweetie, I haven't been real good at keeping in touch lately and I'm sooo sorry you are having such a rough time right now. I knew Don was going away , I just didn't know it would be so soon and with your mom having problems too. Glad to hear though she is doing better. If you need anything let me know. I love you and you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I'm also sorry to hear that the girls are dealing badly with it too. Give some hugs and just take it one day at a time. I know that sounds corney but sometimes it's they only way you can do it. Please let me know if you need anything and I'll be there. :hugs: Love you!!

TeriB19 08-05-2004 10:11 PM

Thanks guys. Everything so far has been running smoothly (KNOCK WOOD AGAIN). The girls are pretty much the same, I just need to learn how to deal with them. Mom's feeling ok, Don's just tired from all the driving back and forth to the base. But he was pretty excited tonight when he got home, he spent the day driving one of the boats right past the Statue of Liberty today. He was really stoked about that.

Also some more good news, Cinnamon is home from her surgery, it was a hernia that resulted from having her fixed, so we didn't have to pay for this surgery. Keep fingers crossed!!! :hugs: