CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I Miss Creed!!!!!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8580)

Ana4Stapp 04-27-2005 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedlvr
Ana - Not for nothin' but this was your response to Uncertain's original post. Obviously, you took it the same way I did.

Wow! This is an endless and a little boring discussion...Well, let's go:

The first time I saw his statement about Scott Stapp I misenderstood it...I thought he was bashing Stapp and Creed...and as result we had a very hard discussion on posts which results in PM's ...and i have to confess I was rude in my answer to uncertain...but to my surprise, he didn't act the same thing, on the contrary, he was very kind and show me that he just expresssed his opinion, his idea, which was entirely different from mine .

Saying you the truth, I didn't respect his opinion, because it was different from MINE. So,I was wrong.

I started it when I didnt accept he had the right to say he didn't miss Creed and actually he prefers AB...

I was intransigent.

Is this guy wrong because of this? Just because he verbalized his impressions? Just because he gave voice to his thoughts?

Or only my opinions were right?

Sorry, but opinions are subjective...which is right for me, maybe is not for you...Who's right? Who's wrong?

And after this first bad impression, believe me, even though we still disagree in some things(and of course agree in a lot of) about Stapp/Creed, and also about Creed non-related stuff, we do this in a respectful manner...and as a result, PM'd a lot to each other...(isn't true? :rolleyes: )

uncertaindrumer 04-27-2005 06:48 PM

Quite, but I am still really confused as to why Creedlvr is taking my mock Stapp bashing as such a big deal... It was a *MOCK* Stapp bashing.

creedlvr 04-27-2005 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
Quite, but I am still really confused as to why Creedlvr is taking my mock Stapp bashing as such a big deal... It was a *MOCK* Stapp bashing.

Did you even read my last post? I just said I GOT IT! Maybe you're the one not getting it ... so let me clarify:
I am (and was) very aware the first time you said it that you were not saying those things seriously. I got it then ... and I get it now. I just said that I felt (even though is was a *MOCK*) that it was unneccesary. That is not making a big deal ... it's just simply saying it was unneccesary. I feel that way because you seem to feel the need to keep making your point over and over and over and over. Your *MOCK * was just another example. Let it rest already. You're just SO fired up it's almost weird.

uncertaindrumer 04-27-2005 09:57 PM

Alright, I am just officialy confused.

/leaves thread for good

OneOmerta 04-28-2005 02:59 PM

Quote:

You're just SO fired up it's almost weird.

lol....I agree. And people pick on Stapp supporters for getting fired up...yikes...uncertain could give us a run for the money eh? LMAO

Hey uncertain...come down from the cross dude... :D

PrtytilImPurple 04-28-2005 09:34 PM

Quote:

It IS a little preposterous to claim that a band like 3 Doors Down is unique, though. They just AREN'T.

For a band that isn't unique they certainly have sold millions of albums. I guess all us people who like em aren't unique either. I guess we're just sheep who will buy anything. Baaaaaaaaaaaaa...I'm so booooooooooring.

When people come at me with these kinds of arguments about how I don't know good music when I hear it I ask them who they listen to. They tell me. and I say "never heard of em". And in most cases I'm not lying.

Dogstar 04-29-2005 01:32 AM

Once again, sales do not equal quality. There is a lot of good quality music that you won't find in record stores.

uncertaindrumer 04-29-2005 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrtytilImPurple
For a band that isn't unique they certainly have sold millions of albums. I guess all us people who like em aren't unique either. I guess we're just sheep who will buy anything. Baaaaaaaaaaaaa...I'm so booooooooooring.

When people come at me with these kinds of arguments about how I don't know good music when I hear it I ask them who they listen to. They tell me. and I say "never heard of em". And in most cases I'm not lying.

Well I was going to stay out of this thread but since this is a different topic then what I was discussing, I'll answer it.

First, Just because they aren't unique doesn't make them BAD. And just because they ARE unique doesn't make them GOOD.

But your argument is amazingly ridiculous. Becuase they sold ALBUMS, THEY ARE UNIQUE?! The more albums you sell these days, usually the LESS unique you are. Hoobastank sells albums. Gonna tell me that they are unique? ASHLEE SIMPSON sells albums. Gonna tell me SHE is unique?

And what is this nonsense about "I guess we're not unique?"? I never even IMPLIED that. I like Alter Bridge. I don't consider them a very unique band. slightly more than most, but not by much. Heck, I don't even terribly dislike 3 Doors Down. But just because you like a band doesn't mean they are unique.

And just becasue they sell ALBUMS certainly does not make them unique.

And as one last parting note to those who keep saying I am "fired up" or something like that--you have no idea. I really am not giving too much credence or time to this topic. Heck, I don't even really care what happens in this topic. Creedlvr attacked my character so I defended myself. I defended myself with EXTREMELY LONG posts. But that doesn't mean I am fired up. I love writing, I am pretty good at writing, it doens't take me long, and I didn't put much thought into it.

I am certainly not fired up. It would take more than a couple of Stapp loving Kennedy hating message board identites to get me fired up.

Either way, cheers, you obviously took this all way too seriously.

PrtytilImPurple 04-30-2005 10:16 AM

Quote:

Well I was going to stay out of this thread but since this is a different topic then what I was discussing, I'll answer it.

First, Just because they aren't unique doesn't make them BAD. And just because they ARE unique doesn't make them GOOD.

But your argument is amazingly ridiculous. Becuase they sold ALBUMS, THEY ARE UNIQUE?! The more albums you sell these days, usually the LESS unique you are. Hoobastank sells albums. Gonna tell me that they are unique? ASHLEE SIMPSON sells albums. Gonna tell me SHE is unique?

And what is this nonsense about "I guess we're not unique?"? I never even IMPLIED that. I like Alter Bridge. I don't consider them a very unique band. slightly more than most, but not by much. Heck, I don't even terribly dislike 3 Doors Down. But just because you like a band doesn't mean they are unique.

And just becasue they sell ALBUMS certainly does not make them unique.

And as one last parting note to those who keep saying I am "fired up" or something like that--you have no idea. I really am not giving too much credence or time to this topic. Heck, I don't even really care what happens in this topic. Creedlvr attacked my character so I defended myself. I defended myself with EXTREMELY LONG posts. But that doesn't mean I am fired up. I love writing, I am pretty good at writing, it doens't take me long, and I didn't put much thought into it.

I am certainly not fired up. It would take more than a couple of Stapp loving Kennedy hating message board identites to get me fired up.

Either way, cheers, you obviously took this all way too seriously.

Is there anybody you do like other than Alter Bridge? We get the message that you really really really do hate Hoobastank. Nowhere in there did I say somebody who sells alot of CDs is unique. But you got to admit people don't buy CDs that they don't like. So I guess a band that sells alot of CDs does indicate that there are a hell of alot of people who like whatever it is they have to say. The wonder of the internet is that you can usually hear most of the songs on a CD before you buy it. Its not a matter of buying something without knowing what it sounds like these days.

There's alot of good music that you never hear on the radio. In alot of cases its because its so unique that the majority of the music buying public doesn't really care for it. There are bands that I don't particularly care for, other than a few songs. I don't buy their CDs. I pay....yes I said PAY to download those particular songs. I'm not gonna buy a CD with songs that I skip over because I don't like them. Thats a waste of my money.

I'm just tired of lots of people (not just uncertaindrumer) telling me that because I like someone who sells alot of records I have no idea what good music is when they actually don't have any idea what kind of music I listen to. I do listen to bands that some people would never have heard of. I just don't tell other people that because they don't like my music they don't know what good music is.

And no. One Day Remains is NOT in my CD collection.

uncertaindrumer 04-30-2005 10:52 AM

Hey, look. I never said you don't know what good music is.

Alter Bridge, quite possibly on of my favorite bands, I don't consider very unique. But MOST BANDS that you hear on the radio are the same old stuff over and over again. WHY? Because it SELLS. That doesn't mean it is all bad. It just means that after a while it gets... boring.

But I certainly never said, nor implied, that you have bad taste in music. I don't have any problem with 3 Doors Down. At all.

HigherGirl 04-30-2005 07:51 PM

Boy...
All the fighting...
sorry I started this thread, wasn't my intention to start a big brawl... :(
I had an OFF day I guess and missed Creed... No big deal...I still miss 'em, But life goes on...No big deal.. haven't you heard a Creed song, and just thought.."Boy I miss those days...concerts..etc." Thats all I was getting at.. :confused:

jim22_greek 11-03-2005 04:26 AM

Hey Highergirl I Miss Them Too Very Match Iam Jim From Greece And Iam I Big Fan Of Creed Please Sent Me I Email. Iam Looking Forward Too Contact With You See You Kiss From Greece. A! And I Also Like South Park

uncertaindrumer 11-04-2005 11:40 AM

Funny how this thread was ressurected...

titan9 11-04-2005 01:10 PM

Haha, like it or not, Uncertain, there are still people who miss Creed. They had an impact on a lot of people. They were an awesome band.

Right now, however, I can say that I don't miss them that much anymore. Yes, MOP was an amazing album, still probably my favorite of all time. But you know what? Like I said on the first page of this thread, at least now, for some(namely those who like both), we are getting twice the amount of awesome music! I'm really enjoying The Great Divide, and I have loved ODR since last Fall.

uncertaindrumer 11-04-2005 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Haha, like it or not, Uncertain, there are still people who miss Creed.

True.

Quote:

They had an impact on a lot of people.

True.

Quote:

They were an awesome band.

False. :D

titan9 11-04-2005 03:26 PM

Well, imo, and a lot of people will agree with me, they were an awesome band. :laugh:

uncertaindrumer 11-04-2005 07:00 PM

Quote:

Well, imo, and a lot of people will agree with me, they were an awesome band. :laugh:

Yes and on an Ashlee Simpson fansite a lot of people would agree that she is a great singer ;)

geletmote 11-04-2005 09:39 PM

Quote:

Yes and on an Ashlee Simpson fansite a lot of people would agree that she is a great singer ;)

Dont compare quality with quantity..

titan9 11-04-2005 10:30 PM

Quote:

Oh.....no.....you........DIDN'T! Tell me you did not just compare Simpson to Creed! Tell me you did not just say that!

On a side note, I think you can make one comparison: both Simpson(based on a rumor I heard today) and Stapp apparently like to get drunk and make fools of themselves in public. :D j/k of course!

uncertaindrumer 11-05-2005 10:46 AM

Quote:

Oh.....no.....you........DIDN'T! Tell me you did not just compare Simpson to Creed! Tell me you did not just say that!

I could compare her to anyone. I think the only bands I would put off-limits as far as Simpson comparisons would be the Beatles and Led Zeppelin.

Quote:

On a side note, I think you can make one comparison: both Simpson(based on a rumor I heard today) and Stapp apparently like to get drunk and make fools of themselves in public. :D j/k of course!

Doesn't sound like your kidding to me ;)