CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Stapp in Chicago: "I feel like the prodigal son." (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12595)

Chris98GT 08-31-2009 11:05 AM

Stapp in Chicago: "I feel like the prodigal son."

hehe

Interesting show last night. Stapp's return to Chicago went over pretty well. He seemed quite apologetic and extremely appreciative that we still cared enough to come out. He said it felt like a 1000lb gorilla was lifted off his back.

Musically, it was pretty much what I expected. Scott's range is nothing like it used to be. It was interesting though. On songs where he actually needed to sing (example: WAWO), he sounded about 90%. Unfortunately, for most of the show, it sounded like he adopted a new singing style & was trying his best to preserve his voice... perhaps in fear of blowing it out again?

Mark was shredding pretty good but the sound system was awful and I couldn't hear half of his solos. Flip sounded GREAT, as usual.

They played Are You Ready? instead of Full Circle. That was kind of disappointing. Full Circle seems like a better song. Otherwise, the setlist was decent. I would have made a couple changes, but hey, I can't complain.

Overall, it was a fun Sunday night that was worth the $25, but this isn't the same Creed I saw back in 1999 - 2002.

3 out of 5 stars.

in reality 08-31-2009 12:49 PM

Re: Stapp in Chicago: "I feel like the prodigal son."

I was lookin forward to reading the Chicago reviews. I agree they should have kept Full Circle on the setlist. If it is going to be the next single, it would make sense to. I didn't get to see creed before, so I can't compare to earlier times. But I thought my show rocked, and I'm glad you did find it mostly favorable. Thanks for the review.

TrulyAmazing 08-31-2009 10:14 PM

Thanks For Your Review 3 Out Of 5 stars I knew It Would Go The Way It Should :rockon:

Tremontiriffs77 09-01-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in reality
I was lookin forward to reading the Chicago reviews. I agree they should have kept Full Circle on the setlist. If it is going to be the next single, it would make sense to. I didn't get to see creed before, so I can't compare to earlier times. But I thought my show rocked, and I'm glad you did find it mostly favorable. Thanks for the review.

- I have a feeling that after performing it several times the guys didnt get the positive reactions from the song they were hoping for..Maybe a reason why it has been dropped from the set list...I have a feeling the next single will be 1000 faces...Just a feeling as Stapp seemed to be hyping it in recent interviews before the tour began..I saw the song live and liked it but dont feel it grabs you like Overcome and makes you want to listen to it over and over...Even the live version of "Overcome" sounds great...Cant say the same for "Full Circle"...

George Brasil 09-01-2009 05:27 PM

Stapp has the right to feel this way. We all know all he got for that show, criticism and much more. I think it's one of the shows that deserved to be remembered forever for Creed, specially for Stapp.

Creed24 09-01-2009 11:53 PM

I would give the show 5 out of 5 stars!!!!! Stapp was awesome!!!!! His voice was 10x better than the opening night show. The rest of the guys rocked as usual. AWESOME SHOW!!!!!!! I was up front so maybe that made a difference in the sound quality.

Also he said a 1 million pound gorilla was lifted off his back.

King Oropher 09-02-2009 07:40 PM

100 posts!
Only took 3 years

Chris98GT 09-03-2009 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Oropher
100 posts!
Only took 3 years

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2...plewhocare.jpg

King Oropher 09-03-2009 09:12 AM