CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Why is Alter Bridge Playing a 21 and Up Show? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8192)

Chase 12-14-2004 01:07 AM

Why is Alter Bridge Playing a 21 and Up Show?

I'm 20... not 21... why is Alter Bridge playing a 21 and up show in my hometown (San Diego)?! That's ridiculous... now I'm sad because I can't see AB, Submersed, and Silvertide together.

RMadd 12-14-2004 01:39 AM

prolly b/c the place they're playing is also a bar where you, surprise surprise, might need to be over 21 to get into... or something along those lines, involving beer

hayley 12-14-2004 03:35 AM

21 to get into a bar in America ... what is this world coming too ... come to New Zealand, you'll probably be given booze for nothing :rolleyes:

titan9 12-14-2004 09:17 AM

I just wish they'd come here(to Michigan) and play a show at a place where it isn't 18 and up. I'm only 16, so if this continues, I'm gonna have to wait two years to see them in concert.

Steve 12-14-2004 10:47 AM

The Rave in Milwaukee is mostly a bar with a big open area for people but there's no age limit :D

Actually it depends on the size of the venue. The state gives bars and venues their classifications. For example, here in Milwaukee there's The Rave (where AB is playing) and there's Shank Hall. Shank Hall is basically the same as The Rave, except it's much smaller. Because of the size and capacity of Shank Hall, it's classified by the state of Wisconsin as a bar.

Bar = 21 and over.

:)

RMadd 12-14-2004 11:38 AM

the place here in Springfield where there coming, The Rockwell, has drinks and all, but I'm only 20 and I was able to buy my tix no problem. maybe, like Steve was saying, it's b/c of the venue size.

Chase 12-14-2004 05:01 PM

I'm not an idiot, I know if they're selling alcohol they usually try not to allow all ages in the venue. What I'm saying is that Alter Bridge has a fanbase that encompasses a wide variety of ages. Also, it's their first show in San Diego as Alter Bridge, they could at least let everybody show up and see what they're all about. I believe that's the venue Creed played their first San Diego show at though... maybe Tremonti likes the vibe of it. Since we don't have a House of Blues down here.

Steve 12-14-2004 05:15 PM

It's not the band's call if the venue will allow all ages or only 21+. It's the venue's call, and what my previous post was saying was that it's not because of alcohal sales, but because of a variety of issues - most of which lie with state and local laws.

fluttergirl 12-14-2004 05:31 PM

omg, there were two bars at the Gypsy ballroom, and the online thing said 17 and up only, but when i went, there were little kids there. they marked our hands if we were under 21, but allowed everyone in, althoguh the alcohol really wasnt flowing much. cept for that one REALLY drunk lady next to me, other than that....

RMadd 12-14-2004 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluttergirl
omg, there were two bars at the Gypsy ballroom, and the online thing said 17 and up only, but when i went, there were little kids there. they marked our hands if we were under 21, but allowed everyone in, althoguh the alcohol really wasnt flowing much. cept for that one REALLY drunk lady next to me, other than that....

yeah, see that's what it's like w/ clubs & all here... minors get the damn "M" that you can't wash off for 3 days... we'll see what happens when I go to the show, b/c I haven't been to one down here yet.

fluttergirl 12-15-2004 01:41 AM

:D

thats why you bring a very small ziploc bag with a little nail polish remover and a couple of cotton swabs in it, it comes right off
i mean...nothing....

Higher_Desire 12-15-2004 02:41 AM

At least they're coming to your town. :mad: Nothing about coming to Boise Idaho yet. If they do come, they'll probably play at The Big Easy. It has a bar in it too, but they mark your hands before you go in so all ages can go. :D They'd better freaking come or I'm gonna be pissed.

H-D :xmas:

RMadd 12-15-2004 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
They'd better freaking come or I'm gonna be pissed.

uhh... well... who knows? I mean, come on, you guys already have a bowl game. ain't that enough?

Higher_Desire 12-15-2004 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
uhh... well... who knows? I mean, come on, you guys already have a bowl game. ain't that enough?

That I ain't gonna be here for! Besides, it's just BSU (Boise State University), and we all make fun of them. I guess we cheer for the Broncos on occasion, but that's rare. To me, an Alter Bridge concert is far better than a bowl game.

H-D :xmas:

RMadd 12-15-2004 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
That I ain't gonna be here for! Besides, it's just BSU (Boise State University), and we all make fun of them. I guess we cheer for the Broncos on occasion, but that's rare. To me, an Alter Bridge concert is far better than a bowl game.

:hammerlol
i thought they tried to put bowl games in attractive places, and <wham!> Boise's got a bowl game. maybe there's something i don't know about Boise, but it doesn't seem that great a place.