CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What's wrong with you, people? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=2827)

Dogstar 04-25-2003 01:28 PM

Well said, creedlvr! :clap: :clap: :clap:

robaustin1701 04-25-2003 01:37 PM

I'm not trying to demonize all of you, there have been a select few who have debated quite well.

And - I'll freely admit - filing of a lawsuit is the last straw.

But frankly, if it came to the "last straw" for these fans - then Creed need to address it - swiftly. I'm not hearing anything from their camp at all. That's unfortunate, because that means their management is wasting valuable time.

You say that the lawsuit could destroy Creed's reputation. Ok - yes I agree it can. And that's just the reason they need to take action. Maybe it wouldn't be fair to the band. But it's not fair to the fans of the show to not get their money back either. Let them show the fans and the world that they are honorable, and have integrity in the face of adversity.

As for mean - for me that's obnoxious name calling - I've been called (for example):

"bunghole"
"buttface"

I've been MOONED (by Marcos)

And I've faced unbridled sarcasm (for example):
"I eat my toe nails!!!
--*Rob "
"You've voiced. Bu-bye then. "

It hasn't been everyone - but there has been quite a bit of it.

Sarcasm, name calling, being dismissive, stonewalling, cold shouldering are all defense mechanisms - defense mechanisms are used to get out of engaging in real rational mature conversation. Which some folks here obviously don't want to have.

I've attempted nothing more then to engage in meaningful debate.

--*Rob

Bridge of Clay 04-25-2003 01:52 PM

Yeah, I did it!!! twice and quoted you as well!

so what?

you came here for debate, knowing that people here would stand for creed. what´s the point? we´re not going to convince you, nor you´ll convince us...

robaustin1701 04-25-2003 02:00 PM

Now Marcos is attempting to bully me like a little kid on the playground:

"Yeah, I did it!!! twice and quoted you as well!

so what? "

Which is the equivalent of:

"Yeah! I made fun of you! What you gonna do about? Nyah!"

Real mature guys....keep the immaturity coming....your true colors just keep coming through...

And -

if you think I'm so wrong, why do you keep coming back and answering me? Obviously, I keep the debate open, because I feel the need to keep the other side heard. But if you're all so tired of me? Why answer me at all? That puzzles me. Why not ignore me entirely?

--*Rob

creedlvr 04-25-2003 02:04 PM

Thanks Dogstar! :)

Rob --
I'm glad to see that you are actually acknowledging that a lawsuit is a bit extreme and that people here have had sensible things to say.

I am not condoning the name calling ... but it does get quite frustrating when you try to make a rational point and it is just disregarded. It leaves you feeling as though you have to resort to more "impulsive" measures.

Thanks for the recap of your ridicule ...
I was pretty angry when I wrote my last post ... your response actually made me laugh.

Lechium 04-25-2003 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by creedlvr
... but a lawsuit is STUPID!!!! It can potentially destroy Creed's reputation...

Dude it's not the lawsuit that destroys their reputation. It's Stapps behaviour, and than lame statement from PF that followed.

Also about rockstars and that it's ok for tehm to be drunk and high. Depends. Creed has Flanders-like reputation -- they're all good and rghtcheous. People who go to see them expect them to be sober and performing.

Example: say I go to see Dwarves concert. Dwarves are a crazy punk band known for super obnoxious shows, for pulling girls form the audience and having sex with them on stage, and for stuff like that. If lead singers shows up drunk, I think that's alright, cuz I paid my money to see somethign obnoxious.
Hoever if I go to see Radiohead and Thom Yorke is drunk, and is doing stupid shit on stage I'd be pissed, cuz I came to see band perform music not craziness.

Why is it so hard for you guys to admit that band DID do a bad job onstage, and thus people who were not satified with the show should be able to get their money back?

JulieCitySlicker 04-25-2003 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by robaustin1701
<b>I'm not trying to demonize all of you, there have been a select few who have debated quite well.

And - I'll freely admit - filing of a lawsuit is the last straw.

But frankly, if it came to the "last straw" for these fans - then Creed need to address it - swiftly. &nbsp;I'm not hearing anything from their camp at all. &nbsp;That's unfortunate, because that means their management is wasting valuable time.

You say that the lawsuit could destroy Creed's reputation. &nbsp;Ok - yes I agree it can. &nbsp;And that's just the reason they need to take action. &nbsp;Maybe it wouldn't be fair to the band. &nbsp;But it's not fair to the fans of the show to not get their money back either. &nbsp;Let them show the fans and the world that they are honorable, and have integrity in the face of adversity.

As for mean - for me that's obnoxious name calling - I've been called (for example):

"bunghole"
"buttface"

I've been MOONED (by Marcos)

And I've faced unbridled sarcasm (for example):
"I eat my toe nails!!!
--*Rob "
"You've voiced. Bu-bye then. "

It hasn't been everyone - but there has been quite a bit of it.

Sarcasm, name calling, being dismissive, stonewalling, cold shouldering are all defense mechanisms - defense mechanisms are used to get out of engaging in real rational mature conversation. &nbsp; Which some folks here obviously don't want to have.

I've attempted nothing more then to engage in meaningful debate.

--*Rob </b>

Hey, I was just playing with the bunghole thing ok;) I didn't mean any harm:P

robaustin1701 04-25-2003 02:25 PM

Oh absolutely you folks have legitimate points. IT's sad when it comes to a lawsuit. But sometimes, someone feels to get the attention they think they need to an issue - the only way they find to do that is to file a lawsuit - to take it to the legal system. It is sad when that happens.

Have you ever watched Judge Judy or one of those other courtroom shows? If you do you'll see some pretty dumb people. I sit there and think "Man, what did it take that these people could not work out their differences between themselves, and they have to air them in public, and on TV no less." But sometimes, it just comes to that. It's extreme that someone filed a lawsuit just to get their $250 for a plane ticket back, or for a bicycle, or whatever it is. But sometimes it's about more than just that $250. Sometimes it's about holding the other person accountable for their actions. It's about the principle of the thing.

I can't speak for those people - I don't know their reasons for filing the lawsuit, but if they love Creed as much as so many other people do - I have a feeling - it's because they felt that Scott betrayed them. He betrayed them by not staying sober and giving them the best performance he could. He betrayed their confidence that when they went to a Creed show - like so many other people have in the past - that they would get the coolest and most awesome rock show experience they've ever seen. And they need him to know that. And they need to see that he - and anyone who would let him go onstage and betray each and every fan in that way - are held accountable.

Yeah - some of those people on Judge Judy could have just as easily said "F it, I'll suck it up, and get over it, and take the loss." But some of those people had a bigger issue in mind. They wanted to make sure not just that they got their money, but also that someone (the judge) validated their point, and made the other person see that what they did was wrong. It's an idealistic notion. We do not live in an ideal world. We do not strive for perfection. But we in this country do strive for excellence. And when something is so far from excellence that we feel gypped, we have recourse.

Yes, this threatens the band - in so many ways and on so many levels. This is why I call for them to respond quickly and decisively. The longer this lingers, the more the media juggernaut hangs on to it, and makes it bigger then the life of the band. It attaches a stigma to the band, that they will likely deal with for years to come.

But - they can do something about it. Since it's about the principle of the thing, and since the members of Creed ARE principled human beings, I hope they will embrace this as a way to show off their strong moral character, and not let their wimpy management types let this linger.

--*Rob

JulieCitySlicker 04-25-2003 02:28 PM

Judge Judy rocks:jam: She's a cool bioch:dancing: :dancing:

marlsy 04-25-2003 02:28 PM

He did mess up, I can admit that, but to sue?? I went to see Van Halen when I was 17 and I loveeee Van Halen, they were alllllllllllllllllllllll wasted!! I mean all of them, David couldn't remember songs, telling guys off in the audiance, Eddie could barely play, yeah I was majorly dissapointed and even a bit pissed right after, but to sue????? No way, and I still loved them and always will. Rock n Roll is known for sex drugs and rock n roll, Creed has been labled as a Christian band even though they have said over and over, they are NOT a christian band, you can't expect them to be saints and then NOT expect other rock bands to be also. There should be numerous suits against a lot rock bands then, not just Creed. America is just to fricken sue happy, makes me sick.

JulieCitySlicker 04-25-2003 02:39 PM

I think that if Creed get sued for this kinda stuff then other bands that do it should to:mad:

robaustin1701 04-25-2003 02:39 PM

Ok Julie if Judge Judy rocks - and you agree with the way she does busines:

So picture Scott Stapp standing in front of Judge Judy, as a defendant, and picture an upset fan standing there as a plaintiff.

What would Judge Judy say to Scott?

Be honest now!

--*Rob

JulieCitySlicker 04-25-2003 02:53 PM

I am not saying that there was nothing wrong done. Scott messed up I am not denying that one bit ok! But I think they only reason that those people are sueing is because they want to make a spectacle out of the whole situation. Sueing them should not have been done!:mad:

creedlvr 04-25-2003 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lechium
Dude it's not the lawsuit that destroys their reputation. It's Stapps behaviour, and than lame statement from PF that followed.

Dude ... I'm not a dude!

Lechium 04-25-2003 02:58 PM

Band with rebelious/crazy image can do thinkgs like creed did. Cuz that's part of their image, people can expect that, as they do such things shwo after show.

Band that is vieweed as Christstian band, and has goody-good image will be sued in such a case, cuz people did not expect such behaviour from them.

So 2Julie: some bands can be sued in such a case. Some bands cannot.