CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mark--Soloing All Over The Place!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6364)

Higher_Desire 04-24-2004 02:52 PM

Guys, remember, we've been told by Stapp and Michael that Creed is definetly NOT over, so I don't think you need to worry. Yes, they've been working hard on getting the band going and getting the album done, but it has been OVER 2 AND A HALF YEARS since the release of Weathered (October 20, 2001). Maybe, just maybe, they want to do something for the fans. If Stapp wasn't able or wanting to do something right now, Mark and Flip may have wanted to, and obviously they couldn't get another singer and release something under the name of Creed.

We've already been told that they promised to commit 10 years to each other, then maybe explore different things. That 10 years ended in February of this year, and Stapp has been looking at other things (such as what he has said about looking at movie scripts, and there's still that Scott Stapp Entertainment thing we don't know anything about), and maybe the other two still wanted to do music, so that's what they're doing.

Just my :2cents:

H-D :suave:

hayley 04-24-2004 08:06 PM

Interesting...who knows

Bridge of Clay 04-24-2004 09:42 PM

During a CreedPit chat, Michael was on, and people were saying they miss Creed and their songs and new stuff. He replied "I know, they know. That's why they're (Mark/Flip) doing this!". It was around the time the rumours about the new band started, after the M&G when Mark said Creed was done.

By the way, notice I'm NOT quoting Michael. I was told about that as well. I don't think those were his exact words, but it was something to that extent.

hayley 04-25-2004 04:56 AM

So what's he trying to say?

The Lithium 04-25-2004 05:10 AM

I think H-D is right. That's what I've been thinking about this whole thing all the time. Finally someone who backs me up!

hide 04-25-2004 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM
I think H-D is right. That's what I've been thinking about this whole thing all the time. Finally someone who backs me up!

to me it appears that for whatever reason Scott took too long and finally for whatever reason the studio didn't work out. perhaps scott wanted to go out on his own, i'm not sure. that doesn't mean a break-up has occured because surely we would have being told. perhaps the chemistry wasen't there but there is always hope for the future. but for now these projects will keep us more then entertained.

Gabriel 04-25-2004 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
Guys, remember, we've been told by Stapp and Michael that Creed is definetly NOT over, so I don't think you need to worry. Yes, they've been working hard on getting the band going and getting the album done, but it has been OVER 2 AND A HALF YEARS since the release of Weathered (October 20, 2001). Maybe, just maybe, they want to do something for the fans. If Stapp wasn't able or wanting to do something right now, Mark and Flip may have wanted to, and obviously they couldn't get another singer and release something under the name of Creed.

We've already been told that they promised to commit 10 years to each other, then maybe explore different things. That 10 years ended in February of this year, and Stapp has been looking at other things (such as what he has said about looking at movie scripts, and there's still that Scott Stapp Entertainment thing we don't know anything about), and maybe the other two still wanted to do music, so that's what they're doing.

Just my :2cents:

H-D :suave:

As a word of warning.. dont hang on a quote that was made from me back in November. As you can all probabaly tell things change over time. I'm quite sure that Wind-up will clear things up in a press release in due time.

Michael

The Lithium 04-25-2004 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel
As a word of warning.. dont hang on a quote that was made from me back in November. As you can all probabaly tell things change over time. I'm quite sure that Wind-up will clear things up in a press release in due time.

Well, no. You're right, you can't even controll the band, you're not even a member. But if Stapp tells us that this doesn't have to be the end, I think that he has to be pretty sure, 'cause the fans will always remember that. But you're not him, so you don't have to explain what he meant when he said that, I just quoited him. But there's not a single fan out there who doesn't hope that Creed will join forces again.

As for the name. Alter Bridge... Did Flip's mom have the permission to give us the name? 'Cause I talked to you the day before, and you said that you couldn't. And can you back that up now when we finally know? Or do you have to wait for Wind-up to tell us? Everyone knows that www.alterbridge.com is reserved by Wind-up and that www.alterbridge.net is reserved by Dan.

Bridge of Clay 04-25-2004 06:20 PM

Michael:
ok, so I understand from your post that Creed is "finito", done and that W-Up will clear things up, probably when both of the projects get recorded and ready to be launched.

Well, I always expected things would change for the better, it's sad. They had wonderful chemestry.

Lithium:
Easy. Remember Stapp is an excellent PR man. I think his intention was just to hold the "rumours" a bit until W-U thinks it's time to announce.

aussiecreeder 04-25-2004 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
Michael:
ok, so I understand from your post that Creed is "finito", done and that W-Up will clear things up, probably when both of the projects get recorded and ready to be launched.

Well, I always expected things would change for the better, it's sad. They had wonderful chemestry.

Lithium:
Easy. Remember Stapp is an excellent PR man. I think his intention was just to hold the "rumours" a bit until W-U thinks it's time to announce.

if that is the case it has gone past PR and that would be a blatant lie IMHO.

Higher_Desire 04-26-2004 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel

Michael

I'm sorry. Just a bit of hope I'm holding on to. Just out of curiosity... this isn't you little way of saying (or hinting) that Creed isn't together anymore and actually decided to not get back together in the future, is it?

H-D :glasses: