CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Disappointed with the Elektra soundtrack (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8404)

The Lithium 01-11-2005 02:01 PM

Disappointed with the Elektra soundtrack

Didn't like it too much, actually. Too many soft songs. And bands like Jet and The Donnas really stinks... Weak Wind-Up, weak!

titan9 01-11-2005 03:19 PM

Yeah, I disagree with some of the artists on there.(the ones you mentioned in particular) But at least there's some good artists on there.(12 Stones, Alter Bridge, just to name a couple) I don't think I'll be picking up the CD, though.

aussiecreeder 01-11-2005 06:19 PM

I'm only going to further contribute to the negativity because the list of artists just never appealed to me. I think if they included another AB b-side like a studio version of "On My Way" then I would have bought it.

Torn Daredevil 01-11-2005 06:25 PM

I bought it also, and am very disappointed...

benkenobi 01-11-2005 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
I'm only going to further contribute to the negativity because the list of artists just never appealed to me. I think if they included another AB b-side like a studio version of "On My Way" then I would have bought it.

Well, I know how you feel about another b-side, but there's still alot of people out there (luckily) that have picked up Alter Bridge's album and to them "Save Me" will be a brand new song. Many don't keep up with the band enough to have gone out to buy the OYE single like some of us here on the board. I also think Wind-Up put bands like Submersed and 12 Stones on here with a song already released so hopefully they get their big break. Remember, everybody heard of Evanescence after "My Immortal" and especially "Bring Me To Life" were featured on the DareDevil Soundtrack.

aussiecreeder 01-11-2005 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benkenobi
Well, I know how you feel about another b-side, but there's still alot of people out there (luckily) that have picked up Alter Bridge's album and to them "Save Me" will be a brand new song. Many don't keep up with the band enough to have gone out to buy the OYE single like some of us here on the board. I also think Wind-Up put bands like Submersed and 12 Stones on here with a song already released so hopefully they get their big break. Remember, everybody heard of Evanescence after "My Immortal" and especially "Bring Me To Life" were featured on the DareDevil Soundtrack.

Its all well and good having 12 Stones and Submersed (good bands) but I think the main trouble with the label is that the bands are often too similar. A bigger problem with this album is that the non-WU bands like Jet are preddy weak. Is there a song on this soundtrack which is likely to get a band a big break?

Dogstar 01-12-2005 01:25 AM

I saw the list of artists and figured I'd skip it. I really can't stand the Donnas or Jet...blech.

RMadd 01-12-2005 11:18 AM

I used to like Jet alot, but ever since I came across Silvertide a few months back, I've hardly listened to the former.

Wylde-Tremonti 01-12-2005 05:10 PM

I Like Jet... Good AC/DC rock sound to them

The Lithium 01-12-2005 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil
I bought it also, and am very disappointed...

Luckly I downloaded it!

Higher_Desire 01-12-2005 06:50 PM

I haven't heard it yet. I think it looks OK. And I'll have you know I happen to like Jet.

H-D :pimp:

Torn Daredevil 01-12-2005 11:28 PM

Some of Jet's stuff is OK.

Dogstar 01-12-2005 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti
I Like Jet... Good AC/DC rock sound to them

Hehe, I'd rather listen to AC/DC :D

aussiecreeder 01-13-2005 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Hehe, I'd rather listen to AC/DC :D

bingo don't bother with the imitators.......

Trees of Wisdom 01-13-2005 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
bingo don't bother with the imitators.......

Naw they're more like a Beatles rip-off. That song on the soundtrack reminds me of the Beatles as well as The Hollies.