CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Van Halen (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6156)

Shadow 03-24-2004 03:25 PM

Van Halen

I was listening to a Best of Van Halen today. Does anybody else really miss them? They were great with both Dave and Sammy. Although, some of the songs they did with Sammy are among my favorites.

If only Eddie and Sammy could have reconciled :( (a rift between the guitarist and lead singer..hmmm doesn't that sound familiar :D )

RMadd 03-24-2004 05:58 PM

The classic rock station here, KSHE95, announced yesterday they're going on tour this summer (I believe they found that on the fan site, www.van-halen.com), and the cities are posted, but no dates. Pretty wicked hardcore! And I'm almost 100% positive it's gonna be w/ The Red Rocker, not w/ Roth.

Sheila63 03-24-2004 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
I was listening to a Best of Van Halen today. Does anybody else really miss them? They were great with both Dave and Sammy. Although, some of the songs they did with Sammy are among my favorites.

Yes, I do, Robyn. They had some great songs and like you, some of my favorites are from wihen Sammy was with them. I'll have to look for that Best of cd. :)

Julbright 03-24-2004 07:06 PM

OMG yes - I loved loved loved them- 5150 is one of my all time favorite records - they were so good - I was very much into them when I was in HS - would like to know more about that tour

Dogstar 03-24-2004 07:17 PM

Van Halen never hooked me, for whatever reason, but I thought Eddie Van Halen was one bad-ass guitarist. I couldn't stand David Lee Roth, even though I grudgingly admit he was quite the frontman.

Shadow 03-24-2004 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
The classic rock station here, KSHE95, announced yesterday they're going on tour this summer (I believe they found that on the fan site, www.van-halen.com), and the cities are posted, but no dates. Pretty wicked hardcore! And I'm almost 100% positive it's gonna be w/ The Red Rocker, not w/ Roth.

Are you kidding me?????!!!!!!!! I have not heard that. I saw Sammy on TV a while ago. I know he is still friends with Michael Anthony, but he still did not have contact with Eddie.

I hope you are right, that would be one concert I would not miss. The website only listed Eddie, Michael and Alex. No lead singer listed. :(

Quote:

5150 is one of my all time favorite records

Me too. I love almost every song on that record.

creedsister 03-24-2004 10:32 PM

i never cared for theme much, few songs yes, Poundcake, right now, was awsome And i think on a talent scale David Lee Roth, Had 0, he was kinda funny and charming, But He did VH A favor When Old Sammy, Took The Mic.

Jester 03-25-2004 03:58 AM

yeah I miss VH and I would agree that Sammy was better than Dave however my favorite song by VH was done by Dave "Me Wise Magic" killer song its on the Best of album :)

RMadd 03-25-2004 11:25 AM

Quote:

The website only listed Eddie, Michael and Alex. No lead singer listed. :(

from what I've heard, Sammy's been w/ them, too. prolly one of those 'music industry not releasing most recent info until much later' deals.

Shadow 03-25-2004 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
from what I've heard, Sammy's been w/ them, too. prolly one of those 'music industry not releasing most recent info until much later' deals.

Wow. Thanks BearFan. If you hear anything more, please let me know. I have to be honest, I never listen to the radio. I don't care much for the stations we have here. I always have CD's in.

RMadd 03-26-2004 12:51 PM

will do

RMadd 03-28-2004 11:42 PM

alright... heard it on the radio yesterday, van halen (eddie, michael, alex, and sammy) are going on tour this summer! it be official... badass b/c they're coming to st. louis, and i just might head down to the savvis center! http://www.van-halen.com/newsite/road.html for the schedule!!!

Dogstar 03-28-2004 11:52 PM

If Jerry Cantrell opens for them, I would go, otherwise, I'd have to pass :D...he's good friends with Sammy.

Shadow 03-29-2004 09:04 PM

Thank you so much BearFan. They have updated their web-site since the other day. Sammy is on it!!!!!!

No dates scheduled here :mad: . Closest one is New Jersey and that is about 1 1/2 hour drive (on a good day). And frankly, from Long Island to New Jersey there are no good days.

I'm hoping that they add more shows. Usually when a band plays New Jersey, they always come here the day before or day after.

Thanks again BearFan, I would have never known about them getting back together!

RMadd 03-29-2004 09:48 PM

Quote:

Thank you so much BearFan.... Thanks again BearFan

No problem