CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Loads of news on Stapp!!! April 13th!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8963)

Bridge of Clay 04-13-2005 03:08 PM

Loads of news on Stapp!!! April 13th!!!

Check the brand new www.friendsofscottstapp.com

It has a letter from him to his fans as I'll post below (thanks to PBF)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Stapp
Fan Letter 4/1

HELLO MY FRIENDS WE MEET AGAIN...
IT'S BEEN A WHILE,
WHERE SHOULD WE BEGIN?

You all have blessed me with the most amazing and blessed LIFE! I just want to always remind you of how much I appreciate your love for my music and the Love that you give me!

Everyday, I wake up, kiss my son and neice and just enjoy being a Dad.

BUT NOW I'm MAKING MY RECORD... MY SOLO RECORD!

I have to be honest with you and let you know that my Entire life... personal, emotional, physical and my Creed life, were in disarray at the same time and it really caused a lot of pressure, anxiety, hurt and pain. Eventually depression was in full swing! I mean, I hit ROCK BOTTOM!

Now, all that was negative in my life has been removed... in EVERY AREA!

I'M BACK in a VERY POSITIVE PLACE.

But I have a lot of things to deal with emotionally while writing this record!

So expect the journey... the Highs, the Lows, the in betweens... rocking out where I've been and where I am now. And I ask you to welcome me as a solo artist! BUT know that I HAVE NOT CHANGED in STYLE NOR in MEANING... Hopefully just GROWN.

So here I am... SCOTT STAPP.

Let's start hanging out again!

New record out in August...Scott

Finally what we've been asking for!!!

tremonti4life04 04-13-2005 03:18 PM

Its about time. But the question still stands, where are the in-studio pictures and all the stuff that the fans wanna see. I know im a pessimist, but i just want to see proof, not a letter, i want hard physical proof. Sound clips, pictures, anything. Im skeptical, but ive waited this long, so im allowed to be.

Ann Allusion 04-13-2005 04:14 PM

Thanks, Marcos for posting the information here :)

it is great to know that things are moving along and that the new Album is coming out in August no later than September, so it can be in the running for the Grammy's...and the single is supposed to drop sometime in June or July, to quote...it's "awesome".

this is the rest of the information that was posted at PBF.

...and tforlife04...you have every right to remain pessamistic as you want to, that's your choice...but for some people...this information, as Marcos said, is what they wanted to "hear". Reguarding the "proof" you are asking for..."Stay Tuned" as is printed at the bottom of the page at www.friendsofscottstapp.com

ya never know what will eventually show up there... ;)

Bridge of Clay 04-13-2005 04:36 PM

yeah. I think it's great he finally stepped out of his "cage" (so to say... I'm missing the right expression) and got in touch with the fans again.

This "sign of life" was necessary.

Agent D 04-13-2005 04:44 PM

I really don't think this is real. Not yet. I smell something fishy.

I don't understand why something like this would end up on a brand new site instead of even on PBF first and nothing regarding this news is on his official site.

Bridge of Clay 04-13-2005 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
I really don't think this is real. Not yet. I smell something fishy.

I don't understand why something like this would end up on a brand new site instead of even on PBF first and nothing regarding this news is on his official site.

coz this new site is official, it's for fan relations, kinda CreedInk.

And it got known after Kiki, who's close to Stapp, told Julie, one of the admins of PBF.

tremonti4life04 04-13-2005 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Allusion
...and tforlife04...you have every right to remain pessamistic as you want to, that's your choice...but for some people...this information, as Marcos said, is what they wanted to "hear". Reguarding the "proof" you are asking for..."Stay Tuned" as is printed at the bottom of the page at www.friendsofscottstapp.com

ya never know what will eventually show up there... ;)

I know how hard it is for a perfectionist to write and record an album (im in the same boat) I'm writing, and hopefully recording soon my own album, and writing and producing another bands album in the extremely near future. I am still pessimistic because we see the wind-up ScottStapp.com, and the only update was a picture about a month ago, and it was one that PBF had for the longest time. I really want to see stapp take off, hopefully see him in concert if i deem him good enough to spend that kinda $$ on. I just dont like the fact that we are waiting with maybe one word every 3 months on what hes up to, besides the every now and then "the pre recording is finished" or "Stapp is working 12 hour days in the studio". I have a lot of fans/friends that i keep updated regularly about all of my doings. Between keeping my website up to date, keeping them up to speed on myspace, and whatnot. I know what its like, but you gotta keep everyone interested

Agent D 04-13-2005 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
coz this new site is official, it's for fan relations, kinda CreedInk.

And it got known after Kiki, who's close to Stapp, told Julie, one of the admins of PBF.

Uh...huh. Well, if it's official...then cool. Just seems kinda strange that he'd launch an entirely new site instead of just posting this on his other site. Bizarre. Let's hope this works a lot better than CreedInk did.

Dogstar 04-13-2005 06:23 PM

Yeah, exactly, Agent. It does say copyright Scott Stapp, so hopefully, it's official. I really hope we get that album this year. I miss his voice.

Steve 04-13-2005 06:37 PM

The site was made by a company - http://sparkart.net/ - which does sites for other music artists.

Ana4Stapp 04-13-2005 07:29 PM

Finally we get good news!!!Thanks Marcos...actually we have to wait and see...

Maybe I'm wrong, but did he subscribe "Scott Stapp Creed ?? -solo 05? " :confused:

titan9 04-13-2005 07:31 PM

Finally. THIS is what I have been saying that Stapp should do: keep his fans posted by posting some stuff on his site. Keeping all of his fans up to date is a good idea, and I'm glad that this is finally being done. So now we have confirmation on August for the new album? That's awesome. Now we just need a firm date in August. I'm definitely excited for the new album, and excited that we may actually get a site that is updated more frequently.

NeedforCreed 04-13-2005 08:27 PM

Wow, this has me jacked! I'll be counting the days (hopefully, if there is a specific day the cd will be released) until it hits the shelves. I'm anxious to hear some play by Stapp. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed cause my expectations are extremely high. Bring on the Stapper.

titan9 04-13-2005 08:54 PM

I feel the exact same way, NeedforCreed. I am pumped for this new CD(as I have been since the Creed break-up was announced) and my expectations for it are high. I can't wait for the new CD and I'll definitely pick it up the day it comes out. I know Stapp has it in him to give us an awesome album, so hopefully he does.

tremonti4life04 04-13-2005 11:59 PM

You gotta wonder tho, is this album going to have a song on it that kinda, in an extremely metaphoric way, bash the ex-creed members, or talk about the experience. Im just curious by saying this, im not hunting a fight, but you have to wonder. Watch Your Words by Alter Bridge kinda seemed that way, but im not sure if that was the underlying message in the song.