CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Waxing Poetica (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Inspiration? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4013)

RMadd 08-09-2003 11:50 PM

Inspiration?

To all lyricists, poets, etc. out there:
What serves as your inspiration in writing/composing? Not necessarily the subject matter of your composition (though I'd not mind hearing about that), but what gets you thinking on whatever your subject matter may be (i.e. does being alone in nature allow your thoughts to flow freely onto paper?; or do certain phrases that you hear or that come to mind inspire your works?). Anyone?

ZION1010 08-10-2003 02:35 PM

As For As Myself I Use To Be a Non Stop Writer It Was Almost Like An Addiction But What i have Wrote is From My Life So Nature Can Be A Good Source Its The One Thing Thats Looked Over The Wind water and Sky Can Sometimes Speak To Your Soul If You Let It Thats About All I Can Say

Torn Signs 08-11-2003 01:57 PM

it could possibly be what's happenin' around or what's going to happen, how u feel, um but I'm not a writer like my sis is so, there. ;)

ZION1010 08-11-2003 02:33 PM

Latley I Could Write Alot More So Than Ever But Ive Spent Most My Time Praying But Maybe Who Knows I would Like To Get Some Of My Feelings Out maybe Ill Post Another Poem Okay God Bless You

Aimee 08-15-2003 04:01 PM

Sometimes, inspiration flows out unnanounced and usually that's my best stuff. Then, there's times where I will have one idea or line to start with and just build arund that. Like anything, practice makes the work a lot easier. Anything creative that I write almost always has to do with an emotion or a big idea I'm trying to solve in my head.

SCOTTSMYMAN 08-20-2003 09:05 PM

I have to agree with you Aimee. That's usually how it works for me. I could just be alone in a room and a feeling or a thought will pop in my head and then I just find the right words to express it.

JulieCitySlicker 08-21-2003 01:40 PM

For me, it was life experiences and things that were happening at the time:) I started writing after a friend was killed in a car accident back in Sept of 96:( I didn't know him for very long but it was long enough that when he died it had an impact on my life and I'm not usually the type to talk about stuff like that, so I got my feelings out be writing about it:angel:

Ann Allusion 08-21-2003 09:04 PM

inspiration is life...and life is inspiration...it could be a personal experience..someone elses life experience....a few words overheard in a conversation...or maybe a story on the internet...as well as natural solitude...then again...the muse will speak..and the words just flow...usually, i don't try to figure out "why" or "how" something comes together in words...but just thank God that it did. ;)

~peace~

Torn Signs 08-21-2003 09:35 PM

way things go in life, that's what inspires me to listen to music...yeah

ZION1010 08-22-2003 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Torn Signs
way things go in life, that's what inspires me to listen to music...yeah

i AGREE tHATS SO TRUE CREEDS ALMOST WROTE MY LIFES SOUNDTRACK I THOUGHT NOBODY COULD EVER PULL THAT OFF YESTERDAY BY G.N.R. GOD BLESS THEME I COULD REALLY RELATE TO BUT I DID N FACT FIND OUT I HAD HIDDEN DESTNY AFTER ALL DID I SPELL IT RITE THIS TIME DAN MY BROTHER JESUS ROCKS

Grundge4eva 08-22-2003 04:41 PM

inspiration comes from everything, mostlyfor poets its feelings,loss, happiness, and for songwriters alike, but generally theres no realplace u can get 100% inspired from, its just something that happens. if ur feelin un-inspired try writing bout that, and see what happens.

MrSeeker 08-23-2003 02:14 AM

My inspiration comes from my gf and the love of music. Most of the songs i have written deal with suicide and having feelings that no one loves you. I have plenty to be happy about and all,but the songs i write deal from other peoples stand points,like how they may be feeling when want to commit suicide or when they feel alone and stuff. so i guess some inspiration comes from me having strong feeling for people hurting in the world. And some songs really just come out of no where,its like God speaking words for me to write down or somthing. so yea.

ZION1010 08-23-2003 01:49 PM

Mrseeker Did Not You Wrote Stuff Too Thats Cool So Why Dont You Post Something You Have Written Id Like To Read It Just A Sugestion God Bless

MrSeeker 08-24-2003 01:33 AM

ZION1010,
I might post some songs i have written somtime,but i never really have time to type them out,so maybe somtime i'll get around to it.

MrSeeker 08-24-2003 01:34 AM

Oh,i just realized that alot of my songs also deal with getting rid of your hate too.