CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Censored 'Whats This Life For' on the Greatest Hits (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8276)

titan9 01-06-2005 11:42 PM

That's odd. You'd think the F-Word would warrant a PA label. Anyway, as I said, I don't agree with them releasing just a censored version. They should have released two versions. That would have been the right thing to do.

HigherGirl 01-07-2005 08:09 PM

Sometimes "censorship" really blows....:(

Xterminator27 01-07-2005 08:20 PM

heh i actually heard the song and it sounds stupid

We dont have to settle no score!

Dont have to settle no " Dumb sounding pause" damn score!

titan9 01-07-2005 08:21 PM

They could have done a better job censoring it, that's for sure. I still say they should have released two versions.

Unforgiven Fan 01-07-2005 10:10 PM

like I said: they wanted to please the christian and pop fans...rock fans be damned...

and it may be also money wise: cheaper to sell one set of cds than 2 sets...since the censored one (in their theory) will sell more, they released it....

Xterminator27 01-07-2005 10:46 PM

Releasing 2 versions would be the stupidest idea ever,

An entire different and new CD just so one word on one song out of all of them plus the DVD would be censored? Thats irrational, noone would ever do that.

RMadd 01-08-2005 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
And, X, they edited out God. Not Damn. It's because the word "God" offends more people than "damn" does. Pretty screwed up, huh? It's weird that the name of a person is more offensive than a profane word.

uhh... yeah... imona say that that's not it. i'm thinking the word "goddamn" is up there in terms of offensiveness alongside "shit" and "fuck" and "cock" and "tit". so, for songs to make sense, to remedy the "don't have to settle no goddamn score", it makes more sense to say "don't have to settle no damn score" than "don't have to settle no god score". am i right?

RMadd 01-08-2005 09:21 PM

also, to comment on what others have been saying regarding a "christian-friendly" version: i don't think that's the case. it's the radio version, from what i recall, and, as i mentioned above, "goddamn" is not an acceptable radio word, along w/ "shit", "fuck", etc...

tremonti4life04 01-10-2005 06:26 AM

does anyone think that they might have edited it due to scotts recent new-found faith? I thought that maybe since i got my copy at wal mart, thats why it was edited....i can't believe they put out an edited version of one of their most famous songs on a greatest hits cd. Oh well, i guess it cant be helped now.

AlterCreed 01-10-2005 08:22 AM

it does seem crazy.
it freaked me out.
my mum went out and bought it for me so i thought she was just being "Mumsie" and got a crazy screened version.

RMadd 01-10-2005 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tremonti4life04
does anyone think that they might have edited it due to scotts recent new-found faith?

i guess it's possible, though I'm sure it's more a case of them putting the pop radio version on the CD for mo' money perhaps...

titan9 01-10-2005 01:53 PM

What version of WAWO is on the CD? The original or the symphony version? If they released the symphony(radio) version, I'd say the reason why they released the censored version of WTLF is because they decided to release the radio versions of the songs.

Oh, and I just listened to the censored version of WTLF. Wow, they really botched it when it comes to censoring. I've heard better censoring.

RMadd 01-11-2005 12:49 AM

it's the original album version

Xterminator27 01-11-2005 01:17 AM

hey but all through creeds carrier, whats this life for has said GOD DAMN in it.

For the entire MOP CD and single tracks and everything and there was never a problem before... so why one now???

Trees of Wisdom 01-13-2005 01:53 AM

It does pretty much ruin a song when it's censored. Like in "Man in the Box" they replaced the word "shit" with other words that rhymed with it. Wtf?