CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   BW on VH1 (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9457)

R U Ready? 07-26-2005 03:12 PM

BW on VH1

So, who's seen the video on VH1, I know I haven't.

titan9 07-26-2005 04:12 PM

I haven't seen it yet, either. It's disappointing, because VH1 played OYE a whole lot and before that, they played Creed a bunch as well. I don't think BW has received that much promotion from Wind Up, and I've only heard it on the radio a couple of times.

The Lithium 08-02-2005 07:54 AM

Broken Wings has come to be a real huge hit on the rock radiostations here in Sweden!

titan9 08-02-2005 10:51 AM

If only the same could happen in the USA......

uncertaindrumer 08-02-2005 08:20 PM

To all those who said BW would be huge...

I told you so.:D

titan9 08-02-2005 09:40 PM

I blame the lack of promotion. WU didn't promote it nearly enough for it to be a hit.

uncertaindrumer 08-02-2005 10:03 PM

Blame whatever you want, that song was doomed from the start. It doesn't get rock fans, it doesn't get pop fans, and it doesn't get most people who jsut want good musicianship. The song has two things going for it; the intro/outro, and Myles voice. Put it on the radio and all you have left is Myles voice. And it is not even his most incredible song.

Just a crappy choice. ODR would have at least let people know that AB is a ROCK group.

The Lithium 08-03-2005 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
To all those who said BW would be huge...

I told you so.:D

Huge in Europe. But then again, we didn't get Find The Real over here.

uncertaindrumer 08-03-2005 11:11 AM

Lol, well I was always talking with a bunch of U.S. people who thought BW was going to be like the second comingof the Beatles or something...

Dogstar 08-03-2005 12:45 PM

Quote:

Blame whatever you want, that song was doomed from the start. It doesn't get rock fans, it doesn't get pop fans, and it doesn't get most people who jsut want good musicianship. The song has two things going for it; the intro/outro, and Myles voice. Put it on the radio and all you have left is Myles voice. And it is not even his most incredible song.

Just a crappy choice. ODR would have at least let people know that AB is a ROCK group.

I agree. BW was/is one of my least favorite songs on the CD. It grew on me somewhat after hearing it live, but yeah, ODR would have been a much better choice.

Ana4Stapp 08-03-2005 04:31 PM

Quote:

Well...

They promoted:

1º song :Open your eyes

2ºsong: Broken Wings

People possibly will ask: is AB really a ROCK group???? :confused:

Tremontixriffs 08-03-2005 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I agree. BW was/is one of my least favorite songs on the CD. It grew on me somewhat after hearing it live, but yeah, ODR would have been a much better choice.

Please god ....Please bring back creed, I can't take any more mediocre rock songs from this album on tv...The one really good song they didn't even put on the radio or tv, metalingus is their best song from ODR, windup must be on crack. Everytime I hear Broken Wings I feel like its kip winger meets creed..ughhh, the only thing worse could be monster ballads..lol. I just can't get over this neo seventies/eighties sound, One of their best damn songs they don't even promote, it makes no sense whatsoever. I really hope the next album from these guys goes back to their creed routes and mark starts swinging his axe to take away from myles kennedy's annoying nasally Chris Cornell type sound...I try to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but with his singing on songs like broken wings and open your eyes I just think they need to find another singer....sorry.

Also I am not ripping Myles, I think at this point he's done better than any other short term replacement, but lets be seriouse he is not the best rock singer around, neither is cornell...He definitely doesn't have Stapp's stage presence or energy and lacks the abilty to keep his voice from breaking when hitting high notes..Actually he makes Stapp on predisgnone sound like celine dione. I actually believe alot of people who hear alter bridge for the first time are turned off by Kennedy's sound, but mainly listen because they appreciate marks musical ability.

titan9 08-03-2005 06:35 PM

Oh, I agree, I would have rather seen WU release ODR, but I'm realistic. I know WU likes to release ballads by their artists, because ballads typically fair well(see WAWO) on the radio. ODR could have been a big hit on Rock radio, but WU probably wanted something that could also be played on *gag* Pop radio *gag*. It's the same thing with Metalingus. I love that song, but I know it won't be a single. If we get another single off ODR(I haven't heard if they're releasing another single from that CD or not), it's probably going to be "Down to My Last".

The Lithium 08-03-2005 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs
Please god ....Please bring back creed

Neeeeever gonna happen. If you don't believe me, pick up the latest GuitarOne Magazine!

Dogstar 08-03-2005 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs
Please god ....Please bring back creed, I can't take any more mediocre rock songs from this album on tv...The one really good song they didn't even put on the radio or tv, metalingus is their best song from ODR, windup must be on crack. Everytime I hear Broken Wings I feel like its kip winger meets creed..ughhh, the only thing worse could be monster ballads..lol. I just can't get over this neo seventies/eighties sound, One of their best damn songs they don't even promote, it makes no sense whatsoever. I really hope the next album from these guys goes back to their creed routes and mark starts swinging his axe to take away from myles kennedy's annoying nasally Chris Cornell type sound...I try to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but with his singing on songs like broken wings and open your eyes I just think they need to find another singer....sorry.

Also I am not ripping Myles, I think at this point he's done better than any other short term replacement, but lets be seriouse he is not the best rock singer around, neither is cornell...He definitely doesn't have Stapp's stage presence or energy and lacks the abilty to keep his voice from breaking when hitting high notes..Actually he makes Stapp on predisgnone sound like celine dione. I actually believe alot of people who hear alter bridge for the first time are turned off by Kennedy's sound, but mainly listen because they appreciate marks musical ability.

I have to disagree about Myles' voice being worse than Stapp's. By the time the Weathered tour was in full swing, Stapp's voice was pretty shot. I don't know which AB shows you've been to, but I've seen them five times and Myles, even when sick with a cold, sounded a whole lot better and stronger than Stapp did toward the end of the Weathered tour. If you listen to boots from early Creed to the later shows, you can hear the detereoration in his voice. Not to say that Stapp wasn't awesome in the beginning, he was.