CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ?WGMB? Cherokee prayer? Michael? Anyone? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6379)

Julbright 04-21-2004 04:10 PM

?WGMB? Cherokee prayer? Michael? Anyone?

Saw the lyrics/writing questions for Michael in another thread - thought I would throw this one out. Anyone know anything about the Cherokee Indian Prayer sung at the beginning of WGMB? My kindergartener loves that part and always asks me what it means!

(And a sidenote to Michael - thank you so much for your updates. I had the pleasure of meeting Mark at a Meet-n-Greet in Lansing, IL (and I won the guitar in the raffle!!!) and he was just the neatest nicest guy. I wish him and the new band the best. Reading your posts and such I get the sense that your family is just a really neat bunch of people. Thanks again for keeping us in the know as much as you can!)

Higher_Desire 04-21-2004 05:08 PM

I thought it was just chants. No perticular meaning.

H-D :ghost:

Julbright 04-21-2004 05:24 PM

I was pretty sure I heard that is was an actual prayer ....

Trees of Wisdom 04-21-2004 07:31 PM

I think it's another Creed secret. No different from the voices in "Ode".

Higher_Desire 04-21-2004 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
I think it's another Creed secret. No different from the voices in "Ode".

And whatever the hell the crest may mean, what's going on right now, or what exactly the hidden numbers are on the HC inlay.

*Note to self: find someone who speaks Cherokee.

creedsister 04-21-2004 10:15 PM

I would but i really dont feel like getting in to it right now ' i will reply later when the mood hits, PEACE

Higher_Desire 04-21-2004 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedsister
I would but i really dont feel like getting in to it right now ' i will reply later when the mood hits, PEACE

Your posts are so random. :wtf:

Bridge of Clay 04-21-2004 11:49 PM

If you take your time to watch the Creed Pager videos you'll learn what it means.

Higher_Desire 04-22-2004 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
If you take your time to watch the Creed Pager videos you'll learn what it means.

And where can I get those? Don't tell me mIRC. Hows about somebody posting them?

Julbright 04-22-2004 08:48 AM

I always thought it was like an established Cherokee prayer - not something made up or like translated for Creed so someone somewhere has to know what it means?? I often wondered if it was a marriage prayer given the context of the song???

Bridge of Clay 04-22-2004 11:42 PM

The video is like that: Stapp is asking Bo Derek about the meaning of the song and he answers it's an old Indian prayer thanking God for life (something to that extent - I honestly don't remember his exact words - sorry!). I hope that helps you.

Echelon122 04-23-2004 12:11 PM

I thought it was a prayer for Peace maybe? There was something where the jist of it was mentioned...but I don't remember LOL.

I just remember the "umm wtf but cool" look when crowds would sing along in concert to the Prayer.

RMadd 04-23-2004 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
...Bo Derek...

something tells me it's not Bo Derek... the guy's name is Bo Taylor

Creed_Defaultgirl 04-24-2004 12:30 AM

I always thought it was just a Cherokee prayer too.

Bridge of Clay 04-24-2004 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
something tells me it's not Bo Derek... the guy's name is Bo Taylor

Yeah! right! That was the name! Sorry. I knew it was Bo something! lol