CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rolling Stone article about break-up (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6984)

I'mRational 07-05-2004 11:01 AM

Well, I feel contrarily to some here. I'm glad they broke up. Stapp held the rest of the guys back musicianship-wise. When the AB album comes out, and we get to hear Tremonti shred some insane solos, and hear Myles peel the paint of walls with his voice, most hard-core creed fans will be saying "creed who?"

Shadow 07-05-2004 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mRational
I'm glad they broke up. Stapp held the rest of the guys back musicianship-wise. When the AB album comes out, and we get to hear Tremonti shred some insane solos, and

:wtf: You are certainly not rational.

Quote:

hear Myles peel the paint of walls with his voice, most hard-core creed fans will be saying "creed who?"

Don't think that will happen.

Dogstar 07-05-2004 12:04 PM

Quote:

Well, I feel contrarily to some here. I'm glad they broke up. Stapp held the rest of the guys back musicianship-wise. When the AB album comes out, and we get to hear Tremonti shred some insane solos, and hear Myles peel the paint of walls with his voice, most hard-core creed fans will be saying "creed who?"

I'm a hard-core Creed fan, but I won't be saying "Creed who?" if AB's music isn't harder than their first single, Open Your Eyes. I like the song OK, but it's not what I was hoping for sound-wise. That being said, I think Myles is awesome and I'm looking forward to the album.

farmgirl 07-05-2004 12:09 PM

Quote:

Stapp didn't hold anyone back...I'm so tired of hearing that same old song and dance. I know we've only heard the first song but to me it sounds like Creed with a different singer.

Bridge of Clay 07-05-2004 02:25 PM

I'm tired of this talking as well...

Truth is Creed became a business where they had to put a hit after another. It stopped being fun. Mark & Flip wanted something different than Stapp. They stopped being friends since they grow apart, with different interests.

Very interesting quote "Lost the faith, lost the love"

Creed is done and is not coming back. Maybe 10 years from now...

Alter Bridge is not Creed. It's a new band, with harder songs and different feelings. They're there just for fun, no pression.

Stapp will follow his disbanded way trying to reinvent rock, as he said. Merging Doors to Zepellin, being a business machine (real state broking, screamline) and spending more time Jagger...

They split ways. So should you. Realize Creed is done.

musiclover291 07-05-2004 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
I'm tired of this talking as well...

Truth is Creed became a business where they had to put a hit after another. It stopped being fun. Mark & Flip wanted something different than Stapp. They stopped being friends since they grow apart, with different interests.

Very interesting quote "Lost the faith, lost the love"

Creed is done and is not coming back. Maybe 10 years from now...

Alter Bridge is not Creed. It's a new band, with harder songs and different feelings. They're there just for fun, no pression.

Stapp will follow his disbanded way trying to reinvent rock, as he said. Merging Doors to Zepellin, being a business machine (real state broking, screamline) and spending more time Jagger...

They split ways. So should you. Realize Creed is done.

Time will only tell. However I think whether Alterbridge or Creed rock bands is a business you have to be admit that. Flip and Mark are in the music business I think Stapp understands that.

Ann Allusion 07-05-2004 07:53 PM

Quote:

Creed became a business

And Alter Bridge isn't a business?...BOC...Open Your Eyes...MUSIC is a business when it is your sole support, just like any job is inclined to become "business".... don't want it to be a business?...Just want to keep it personally fulfilling?...just want to have fun all the time?...then the comment Mark made about playing cover songs down in Key West was about as truthful as anything that has been said to date.

when you are required to meet deadlines and do what it takes for you to sell yourself by the record company's rules...and, believe it or not, they will sell you using ANY and whatever means necessary to recoup money from their investments...after all...their musicians owe it to them

Everybody does it...no matter how they try and convince their fans it's all nothing but "fun"...Altho, i believe that there is some "fun" involved, it's some damn hard work, and comes with a lot of headaches too...so as you can see it a business whether it was Creed, Alter Bridge, or any other rock, country western, pop, jazz, rap group out there...

ctfan 07-05-2004 08:09 PM

Quote:

Stapp held them back? From what?? I'm so sick and tired of hearing this same old same old. Held Mark back from singing? Man, he only sings backup on 5 of the songs off of AB's cd. Held him back from shredding...or doing that "solo" thing?? From what I've heard of the new single....there isn't any more "soloing" on that single than what he did with Creed. Maybe less. So if Stapp "held" him on his soloing...then I better hear 3 minute solos on the rest of what they put out there.

Held Marshall back from what?? Bass solo?? I guess that's possible...if your the type person who likes to sit through it.

How many ways can you play the drums?? To what degree?? If Stapp held Phillips back from playing the drums...then should we expect drum solo's as well on this new AB cd??

Myles....if Myles can peel paint off the walls with his voice, I hope it can withstand the rigorous tour schedule.

musiclover291 07-05-2004 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Allusion
And Alter Bridge isn't a business?...BOC...Open Your Eyes...MUSIC is a business when it is your sole support, just like any job is inclined to become "business".... don't want it to be a business?...Just want to keep it personally fulfilling?...just want to have fun all the time?...then the comment Mark made about playing cover songs down in Key West was about as truthful as anything that has been said to date.

when you are required to meet deadlines and do what it takes for you to sell yourself by the record company's rules...and, believe it or not, they will sell you using ANY and whatever means necessary to recoup money from their investments...after all...their musicians owe it to them

Everybody does it...no matter how they try and convince their fans it's all nothing but "fun"...Altho, i believe that there is some "fun" involved, it's some damn hard work, and comes with a lot of headaches too...so as you can see it a business whether it was Creed, Alter Bridge, or any other rock, country western, pop, jazz, rap group out there...

Great point I love your post. I feel that Mark can't fool the fans we are smart people he knows Alterbridge is a business and sure he wants to have fun but he wants Alterbridge to sell why do you think he interviewed with MTV. Time well tell whether Alterbridge will be a hit or miss. But for my observation Stapp understands the business and is playing the game very well. That's why he hasn't made any further statements regarding Creed break-up. I think he's smart in doing so.

Jooji_2 07-05-2004 10:13 PM

Quote:

and hear Myles peel the paint of walls with his voice, most hard-core creed fans will be saying "creed who?"

That IS the problem for me.....it peels paint off the walls. :D

farmgirl 07-05-2004 10:26 PM

Any band is a business, not just Creed. Alter Bridge is no different. It's all fun in the beginning. I'm sure it was fun for Creed in the beginning too, but when you get as big as they did, you have a whole new set of problems and pressures to deal with. Alter Bridge is just starting out...they will have their fair share of the business problems too.

Bridge of Clay 07-05-2004 10:37 PM

meh...

ctfan 07-05-2004 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jooji_2
That IS the problem for me.....it peels paint off the walls. :D

LMAO!!! :D

I'mRational 07-06-2004 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
:wtf: You are certainly not rational.

Would you like to back that assertion with an argument? :D

I'mRational 07-06-2004 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I'm a hard-core Creed fan, but I won't be saying "Creed who?" if AB's music isn't harder than their first single, Open Your Eyes. I like the song OK, but it's not what I was hoping for sound-wise. That being said, I think Myles is awesome and I'm looking forward to the album.

As for the scope of the album, it will be heavier than Creed (but remember AB isnt' a metal band).