CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Update on Stapp (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6730)

allmin 05-30-2004 11:14 PM

Update on Stapp

From what I heard on the radio today, Stapp said he is thinking about naming his album "Ego Machine" to poke fun at the music industry for the stuff they've been releasing. Also, even though you might know this, the same show said that Stapp, Tremonti, and Phillips still talk to each other and it went on to say something meaning that once Stapp is done with his side project and Alterbridge is done with their stuff, Creed will most likely get back together.

Echelon122 05-30-2004 11:27 PM

This interview was called the Crain Killborn show from wayyyyyyyy back in February.

Short translation.....anything relating to Creed was "spun".

Please god don't name the album "Ego machine"...the Creed bashers that hated him before would have a FIELD DAY with that!!!

Dogstar 05-30-2004 11:30 PM

No kidding. Plus it makes me think of Miami Sound Machine...UGH.

Alter Shredder 05-30-2004 11:47 PM

there is more info there than what was said at the craig killborn show. but yeah if he names his cd that, it will give all the stapp haters even more fuel to put on the fire

Echelon122 05-30-2004 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iced
there is more info there than what was said at the craig killborn show. but yeah if he names his cd that, it will give all the stapp haters even more fuel to put on the fire

ok then...and probably that MTV interview around the same time too then.... :rolleyes:

hayley 05-31-2004 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echelon122
Please god don't name the album "Ego machine"...the Creed bashers that hated him before would have a FIELD DAY with that!!!

:suave: I know what you mean. I hope he doesn't name his album that either, I will be so disapointed because that is a very embarrassing name, I mean I still love him, but naming his album Ego Machine. :eek: He got the hell dissed out of him enough with Creed, he doesn't need it with his solo project, either. :( Grrr I hope he doesn't name it Ego Machine.

aussiecreeder 05-31-2004 02:08 AM

ego machine is a funny title and i like it, except it gives too much ammunition!

Alter Shredder 05-31-2004 02:13 AM

sorry there Ech, didnt mean to sound like a j.a.

SistahSami 05-31-2004 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
No kidding. Plus it makes me think of Miami Sound Machine...UGH.

:laugh (sorry, emoti didn't work right, must have done it wrong)

I really hope he changed his mind on Ego Machine. The music industry might not be the only one that gets fun poked at them.

Frankie 05-31-2004 11:36 AM

Just feel the need to clear some things up...
Scott never mentioned the name of his album on the Kilborn show...nor did he say he had been in contact with the other guys...nor did he say anything about how, if or when they would be getting back together. He spoke about Creed and his bandmates with pride and affection...as he always does. And if it's "spin"...good to know that Flip is "spinning" the same story.

Onto the MTV interview...we never "heard" Scott say either thing about Ego Machine or Lenny Kravitz...that was something the reporter said. If Scott did say both those things...and he very well might have...you know the guy does have a sense of humor...and both things were probably tongue in cheek. He knows what people and MTV say about him...he was probalby just poking a bit of fun back at them. And people really need to give the rap thing a break...Scott has been adament in every interview that he will be singing Rock. Maybe he's just had the sense to use one of the biggest name producers in the music industry right now. Have you ever played a rock cd over a system with 15" subs...try it sometime...you might be surprised at the amount of bass that washes over you. Actually What If and Beautiful are both amazing on a system with subs.

Don't mean to step on anyone's toes here...but I hate to see somethings so mis-stated.

RockGoddess 05-31-2004 02:11 PM

Quote:

Scott never mentioned the name of his album on the Kilborn show...nor did he say he had been in contact with the other guys...nor did he say anything about how, if or when they would be getting back together

I do believe hell has frozen over. I'm actually agreeing with Frankie and Mertie inside of a week! LOL ;) Whodathunkit? :)

Frankie, you are correct.

ETA: I think your whole post is on the money.

Frankie 05-31-2004 03:07 PM

Quote:

I do believe hell has frozen over

:lolsign: RG...it has been pretty cold here the last few days :D

Thank You!

Echelon122 05-31-2004 03:12 PM

My apologies then.

The only time recently I'd recalled Stapp mentioning the others was on Killborn, so my mind jumped to that.

I can honestly say I don't remember those interviews in their entierity (sp? lol).

My apologies if they were the wrong interviews...they were the 2 that jumped into my mind with the information given in the first post.

Shadow 05-31-2004 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
:lolsign: RG...it has been pretty cold here the last few days :D

It's been longer than that Frankie. Thank you for your post.

Regardless of what Scott calls it, I'm going to support him.

musicmind226 05-31-2004 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
:suave: I know what you mean. I hope he doesn't name his album that either, I will be so disapointed because that is a very embarrassing name, I mean I still love him, but naming his album Ego Machine. :eek: He got the hell dissed out of him enough with Creed, he doesn't need it with his solo project, either. :( Grrr I hope he doesn't name it Ego Machine.

Stapp is going to get dissed no matter what he, does or puts out. There are people out there, and for what ever dam reason, will find andything-even the most suddle thing to diss on.