CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I wish this forum was a bit more active (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12687)

King Oropher 09-28-2009 10:07 PM

Re: I wish this forum was a bit more active

Welcome Mate

creve 09-29-2009 06:44 AM

Ok, I finally decided to sign up as, you guys are right, this place deserves a bit more attention than it's actually been getting.

So hi guys from England. My name's Steve, and thought it would be hilarious to call myself creve, a mixture of Steve and Creed. It hasn't worked naturally, but I'm sure you'll get used to my piss-poor humour (and English spelling of words such as humour, colour and any other words that should probably have a 'u' in it :D )

Nice to be here. Been watching for ages.

Steve.

King Oropher 09-29-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

(and English spelling of words such as humour, colour and any other words that should probably have a 'u' in it )

That's how we spell it down under too :D

King Oropher 09-29-2009 08:51 AM

Maybe everyone on here can say something about themselves so we can get to know each other a bit more. I've been on here a few years but only remember Nagpo.

shunammite 09-29-2009 10:09 AM

I'll say hello. The trouble is people have such different reasons for liking an intense band like Creed. And if they speak too pointedly sparks fly. Like the old Creednet. I did love that place though, my introduction to life on the internet. I love that guy's sig about the trapeze swinger, meant to look it up.
And I am enjoying Creed again, since they are friends with each other again.

shunammite 09-29-2009 10:38 AM

It was Robin 101 who had that intriguing sig, which I will put below. I wish there was a forum for "off topic" but serious but still respectful but still fun lol...it's too hard - I know it - at Creednet there was the Band forum for the girls who had teenage sex fantasies about the bandmembers, they were divided into groups according to which member they had a crush on - reminded me of my youth and the Beatles (yes I am that old!). Then there was chat-a-rama where they had cyber sex fantasies with each other - but it was very good natured and funny - mostly they tried to make each other laugh and just generally be entertaining. Then there was Faith Forum - where we burned each other at the stake over what we believed. Yep where I hung out - I was fresh out of fundamentalism when I met Creed. Yet for some people Creed is the path TO fundamentalism. Which is how I know they are real "art" - the real thing will "minister to your need" whatever the heck it is.

Robin's sig:

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are ~ Awaken The Giant Within

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry' ~ The Trapeze Swinger

I think they had a forum where people just talked about other bands - actually this site has all those forums - maybe in time as more people get interested in Creed things will get more active.

BSC 09-29-2009 10:52 AM

I just want people to know that with this post I wasn't insulting this site, calling it un-active. I made this post to compliment this site, as some serious Creed discussion actually happens here. Unlike ABB.net

Robin101 09-29-2009 11:03 AM

Thanks, Shunammite.

The Trapeze Swinger is by Iron And Wine. I initially heard the song during the credits of a film called In Good Company.

A bit different to Creed and what I normally listen to, but the guy is a very unique songwriter. I also love his songs Passing Afternoon and Sodom, South Georgia.

On the topic of conversation, I frequented here a few years ago and it was a great site to visit at the time - very active, with some interesting, quality posters.

Anyone remember Uncertaindrummer?

Hopefully this place will pick up again with the reunion and I've certainly noticed an increase in activity these past few months.

On a personal note, I recently enjoyed my first Creed concert when I travelled over to Orlando from England.

What an experience!

Take Care

creve 09-29-2009 11:44 AM

Yeah, it sounds good that we could all mention something about each other, to give it a bit more of a community spirit if you will, so that way when it's being flooded with Creed newbies after the launch of Full Circle, we'll at least know each others quirks and such :)

I realise that I write this as something of a newbie myself, but I think it'd be good to have some community spirit on here. I do notice some random friction every once in a while that, while there's nothing wrong with it as people should express how they feel, a lot of it seems quite needless.

Creed's a great example of a band of spirituality when you listen to their songs, both lyrically and musically and it's a great thing that we're embracing here.

in reality 09-29-2009 12:10 PM

I've didn't get to post on creednet. I was at the creedpit board. That was a great place, really enjoyed it. Even with all the tension there at times. PBF is a great board too, and most of the ones there came from the pit. I post at most of the creed boards, I like them all. ABB.net though has their own agenda, but it does seem now they are trying to be more inclusive of Creed fans.

nagpo 09-29-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Oropher
Maybe everyone on here can say something about themselves so we can get to know each other a bit more. I've been on here a few years but only remember Nagpo.

I live in North Carolina, USA. It is dreadfully dull here. I'm a poor student. I'm 19. And I wan't to make it big in hollywood. Yeah, right. Honestly, isint that everybodys dream lol.

nagpo 09-29-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creve
I realise that I write this as something of a newbie myself, but I think it'd be good to have some community spirit on here. I do notice some random friction every once in a while that, while there's nothing wrong with it as people should express how they feel, a lot of it seems quite needless.

Sorry bout that:o

:flamer:

creve 09-29-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
Sorry bout that:o

:flamer:

Haha, it wasn't aimed at anyone specific...

No, it was. It was aimed at you.

;)

Hehe.