CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Myles Sounds An Awful Lot Like... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7663)

fluttergirl 10-13-2004 05:19 PM

I think...ooops, yup, almost drooled there...

aussiecreeder 10-13-2004 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evyllsummer
yeah, the Myles album...I suspect that he would have been working with Chris White (not me) on that one...they both have a jazz streak, and they were doing a quasi-electronica thing when they worked together on that houseofsound.com commercial...

too much modesty there summer! ;) hopefully this album does get made some time down the track. :)

evyllsummer 10-13-2004 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
too much modesty there summer! ;) hopefully this album does get made some time down the track. :)

Yeah, the album will happen, I think it is a question of when, not if...just waiting is the killer...

4everstapp 10-13-2004 11:23 PM

:D I was thinking the same thing today!!

aussiecreeder 10-13-2004 11:37 PM

Quote:

Yeah, the album will happen, I think it is a question of when, not if...just waiting is the killer...

hope you are right! the only way i can see it happening is if AB takes a break of between 6-12 months where they go off and do their own things for a little while. otherwise between touring and making AB records there is simply no time. jazz and electronica in the same record? i can't even imagine that but it has me intrigued.

evyllsummer 10-14-2004 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
hope you are right! the only way i can see it happening is if AB takes a break of between 6-12 months where they go off and do their own things for a little while. otherwise between touring and making AB records there is simply no time. jazz and electronica in the same record? i can't even imagine that but it has me intrigued.

yeah, I'm not saying that it's going to be anytime soon, but, there will HAVE to be a break eventually. After the tour, or, maybe even after a second album and tour, but, Mark will eventually do his speed metal project, and, at that point would be the perfect time for Myles to finish his thing...

aussiecreeder 10-14-2004 01:23 AM

Quote:

yeah, I'm not saying that it's going to be anytime soon, but, there will HAVE to be a break eventually. After the tour, or, maybe even after a second album and tour, but, Mark will eventually do his speed metal project, and, at that point would be the perfect time for Myles to finish his thing...

yeah it seems like they having a great time at the moment and they haven't played in australia yet (wink wink) so they need to tour more. mark cannot risk his metal urges forever and that would be the perfect time for myles to do his thing. still having a hard time imagining jazz put through loops and stuff. maybe it won't be like that.....who knows?

cariocawlad 10-14-2004 10:55 AM

Somebody knows any news about Audioslave? The group ended?

evyllsummer 10-14-2004 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cariocawlad
Somebody knows any news about Audioslave? The group ended?

I haven't heard anything about ending, all I know is that Tom is on tour with the Nightwatchmen right now...

And, yeah, as for the Myles album, he mentioned that it would be like in the realm of Massive Attack, and they, on occasion, do stuff like that. David Holmes does as well. It would be interesting to hear Myles go in that direction, but...we probably wouldn't hear him tearing it up on vocals, I would suspect...

fluttergirl 10-14-2004 11:00 PM

Audioslave will have thier second CD out either by the end of the year or sometime at the beginning of Januaryish.

evyllsummer 10-14-2004 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluttergirl
Audioslave will have thier second CD out either by the end of the year or sometime at the beginning of Januaryish.

works for me!!!

aussiecreeder 10-16-2004 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluttergirl

i doubt it will be out by the end of the year. early next year is likely along with albums from tool and nine inch nails (removes saliva from shirt lol). i'm so hoping cornell's vocals are somewhat back to their rulinating best.

The Lithium 10-16-2004 05:20 AM

Wow, cool, I love AS first album!!

husker 10-17-2004 10:10 PM

Try Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills - I know M was a fan of IM,
and I also know he practiced to sound like Cornell.

fluttergirl 10-18-2004 01:33 PM

Hey, bout time you came around.
Yes, also a good CD....

Sidenote-A girl in my Calc class the other day heard set it off by Audioslave, and was like, "Isn't that Van Halen?" :eek:
whoa boy. I almost took her head off. And got in a lil trouble for my enthusiasm, but man. The ignorance is amazing.... :(