CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Morrison comparisons (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=1088)

Pittock 12-30-2002 04:25 PM

Morrison comparisons

I cried while I read about Chicago and everyones thoughts and posts. I was/am a Morrison fan and there are alot of similarities to Jim Morrison these days. Morrison was known for going onstage drunk and laying on the stage. I noticed when I was in Fargo when Scott danced around the mike like Morrison did. Jim died way too young. These men both want to make music and perform and it all became too much for Morrison. I hope that the other members of Creed, Scott's family, and the management of Windup intervene before something bad happens to Scott. He is an asset to the musical community, just as Jim was. I hope that something happens to turn this around. I love Creed, just as all of you do. I am anxious to hear how Philly goes.

Dogstar 12-30-2002 04:27 PM

I have had the same thoughts, Pittock. I just hope he doesn't follow the same path. It's too scary to think about.

JenRN 12-30-2002 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar
I have had the same thoughts, Pittock. I just hope he doesn't follow the same path. It's too scary to think about.

Me too!!! I have thought the same things, how horrible it would be! God to think of it upsets me terribly:(

TeriB19 12-30-2002 11:20 PM

Re: Morrison comparisons

Quote:

Originally posted by Pittock
These men both want to make music and perform and it all became too much for Morrison. I hope that the other members of Creed, Scott's family, and the management of Windup intervene before something bad happens to Scott. He is an asset to the musical community, just as Jim was. I hope that something happens to turn this around. I love Creed, just as all of you do. I am anxious to hear how Philly goes.

Mary, you hit the nail right on the head with that post. I couldn't agree with you more, Scott needs help and support from all sides, not just family, friends and fans but from management as well. They can't keep heaping all these pressures on him. The band needs to be given time off if they are to continue on as a band (and continue to make money for the management). We'll post about Philly after the show and by the grace of God I pray it's all good news!!

creedlvr 12-30-2002 11:57 PM

what do you guys think will happen tomorrow? on one hand, i can't imagine that the band will let him go on again in that condition ... so i have to believe that if the show goes on, he will be okay.

but on the other hand, i can't imagine that he could be that messed up just last night and then be totally okay tomorrow.

i guess we'll find out!

souldancer 12-31-2002 12:41 AM

Don't know. Only guesses. Depends the reason behind it all...drinking for physical pain, emotional pain, or both. Alcohol on top of pain meds. Since it is the very last concert - they could play the old 'show must go on' routine. We saw the sad signs of stress through the last few months of this aptly named tour. My highest wishes is that it goes on with a BLAST tomorrow night and rocks Philly to the moon - but at NO cost to permanent risk, damage or any kind to Scott the other band members or fans. So I will finish as I started, I just don't know. But I do care.