CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Openers for the next leg of the tour? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7918)

Torn Daredevil 11-12-2004 05:56 PM

Openers for the next leg of the tour?

Any ideas? I'd love to see Submersed again, but there are other bands I'd love to see as well. Theory of a Deadman has a new album due in the spring and their website says they're hitting the road in January... Hmmmmm. I think they'd be a perfect match. I also wouldn't mind seeing Shinedown, I love their singles, or Switchfoot who already opened for AB in Europe. There aren't too many other Wind-Up bands at this time that scream out as openers for AB, but there's always 12 Stones. Hell, I'd love to see Hestla's new band, still un-named as of now. And I haven't heard Head Heavy, but they're always a possibility. As are the bands of Myle's former bandmates. I think we can count out Stapp, hahahahaha.

Others that maybe I'm missing? They've gotta be plausible openers for AB, not someone bigger like Audioslave or VR (although I'd love to see it!).

All I ask that Crossfade is not on the bill! LOL :)

Steve 11-12-2004 06:00 PM

AB has said they wouldn't be have big bands on the bill because they want to be the headliners. I don't see a band like Audioslave being an opener either so...

I'd love to see Shinedown. Their debut CD is awsome. Earshot's second CD is also very good. They are a bit heavier, but I think they could be added as an opener since they have Crossfade right now.

fluttergirl 11-12-2004 06:03 PM

I like Earshot....
Work with me just for a second...Theory of a Dead Man....Are they signed to Nickelback's record label? And didnt one of their (drummer?) players work on the Spiderman song?
I'm trying to jog my memory here....

Torn Daredevil 11-12-2004 10:22 PM

Steve, that is what I was trying to say... That they would never have a bigger band on this tour. Sorry if I confused you.

And yeah, Theory was signed by Chad Kroeger and he co-wrote 1/2 of their first album. The lead singer/guitarist played guitar on the song "Hero" on the Spider-Man soundtrack. I really like them and have heard they wrote with Zakk Wylde for the new album... Should be interesting.

RMadd 11-13-2004 12:28 AM

Shinedown's prolly considered a "big" band now, as they headlined their own tour this fall, if i'm not mistaken

Torn Daredevil 11-13-2004 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
Shinedown's prolly considered a "big" band now, as they headlined their own tour this fall, if i'm not mistaken

Yeah, but I don't think they're too big to be an opener for someone else. Tantric has headlined quite a bit, but I still think they would open for AB. It's great exposure and not too different from headlining.

Higher_Desire 11-13-2004 01:29 AM

I'd like to see maybe Edgewater, Dashboard Confessional, or Faktion.

H-D :pimp:

Torn Daredevil 11-13-2004 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
I'd like to see maybe Edgewater, Dashboard Confessional, or Faktion.

I love Dashboard, but that seem very unlikely. "Hands down this is the best day I can ever remember..." Great song!!!!

Echelon122 11-13-2004 01:37 PM

Odds are Submersed is going out again with them in January.
WU's pushing 12Stones, or another WU band...but I don't think that'll happen.

.but usually #2 band is someone who's got a hit single and will be another band that draws people to the shows.

Like Crossfade has a hit, has a good selling album, and there are people coming for Crossfade.

So right now, there are just names being talked about, but the only "nearly for sure" is Submersed.

I'd love to see 3DD. They could do a co-headliner thing LOL. This is just me, and I LOVE 3DD, so to see, Submersed, AB and 3DD, I'd be in heaven!!

Shinedown, would be a GREAT idea!! I saw them many times with 3DD and those guys have really matured and come into their own!!

RMadd 11-13-2004 06:10 PM

Edgewater would be an excellent choice to open... they're Wind-Up, and they kick ass!

DekWannaBFlea 11-14-2004 03:47 AM

Bands i wouldn't want to see because i don't like them:
Dasboard confessionals
Shinedown (fly from the inside was a good song though, and i heard from my friend they they are up next on the tour)
Nickelback (they got old after a while)

Bands that would be good choices and plausible choices:
12 stones
Submersed

Meh bands that i wouldn't mind giving a shot:
Breaking benjamin
Earshot
Crossfade (they were meh at the concert)

Fantasy bands that they would have to co-headline but i would love to see:
Audioslave
RHCP (even thought they are totally different kinds of music)
Velvet revolver

XenoN 11-22-2004 12:25 AM

I will be attending my second (and possibly third) AB concert in January!!!!

Anyway, onto my point - it looks as if Submersed is officially an opener for the Huntsville, Birmingham, and Montgomery AL shows. I'm sure they'll have at least one more band. I'm so stoked. Submersed was badass - I hope they're selling their CD after the show... I'm buying it for sure.