CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Patriots!!!! Super Bowl Champs!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5742)

TeriB19 02-01-2004 10:28 PM

Patriots!!!! Super Bowl Champs!!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO Patriots win the Super Bowl. Kerri will be one happy camper tonight!! CHEERS!!! :cheers: :party: :D

SleeplessAngel 02-01-2004 10:52 PM

:mad1:

RMadd 02-01-2004 11:06 PM

I guess I'm glad... but Vinateiri winning it... grr... asshole missed 2 in the first half. At least he wasn't voted MVP. Strangely enough, the losing team ended up w/ the more exciting plays of the evening (two or three long pass plays, including the game record longest for 85 yards).

Higher_Desire 02-01-2004 11:38 PM

It was a really intense game. An awesome superbowl. I went over to a friends house with about 20 other people for a party. We had a board set up of scoring based on the last number in the points (such as 3 would work for 3, 13, 23, etc.) and you buy a square for $1. I bought two, and ended up winning $15! :dancing: 5 after 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, but lost the $10 set within the last couple of minutes. It was cool though. $15 out of $25 ain't too shabby.

H-D :darkdance

Mulletman 02-01-2004 11:53 PM

As Walken would say; "wow! wow wow wow wowwwy wow!" that was one hell of a game. i dont think anyone could have asked for a better game! this game was soo intense, by the end i forgot who i was rooting for! didnt care how, but we wanted more!

Alter Shredder 02-01-2004 11:59 PM

Intense, second half yes. The first half was a snoozer. I mean carolina was in the negative pass yards for God's sake. I would have liked to see Carolina win but i put money on the patriots (weird I know) so its all good.

Also was it just me or did the commercials seem really dumb again this year?

RMadd 02-02-2004 12:20 AM

The one thing that bothered me was when Jim Nantz said, during the trophy presentation following the game, that this was the best Super Bowl ever. Best 4th quarter, perhaps (rivaled, in recent memory, by the 2000 Rams-Titans game); but best game, no way Jose. 2 missed field goals (by "Mr. Clutch"), 2 botched 2-pt conversions (a result of inopportune playcalling), only a small handful of stellar offensive plays (and, correct me, but only 1 record-breaker, the 85-yd TD pass), no particularly exciting defensive or special teams plays. To me, it was just another game, nothing more.
And I feel commercials are overrated. Every year, a big deal is made over how great commercials are, and yet, it would seem, every year, only a couple of commercials are truly memorable. Yes, it is when some companies try to put their best out there, but, IMO, only Anheuser-Busch (Bud Light and Budweiser) consistently have good commercials (and even their "drink responsibly" ads in the 2nd half weren't quality material). I'd say my faves were the Budweiser donkey, Bud Light horse's ass, and AOL high-speed commercials. Otherwise, just dull crap.
And who thought halftime sucked? Janet (wow... talk about looking too much creepy siblings), JT (when will he die?), Nelly, Kid Rock, and P. Diddy. When will we see truly great musicians? You know, the music most hardcore fans listen to (I'm talking some hard rock, maybe country). Yeah, Aerosmith was on a few years ago, but their appearance was destroyed by the presence of Britney Spears (she's hot, but her music sucks) and N*Sync (fags for ya). I wanna see some hard-rockin' music, not this pussy pop and r&b crap.

DangerousDan85 02-02-2004 12:56 AM

i liked the commercials with the American Chopper guys, probably because i watch the show

i really wanted to see New England lose, but it was a good game nonetheless

benkenobi 02-02-2004 08:10 PM

Darn, the Panthers didn't pull it off! I always pull for the underdogs in NFL because the MLB is all that really matters to me in pro sports.

facelessman 02-02-2004 09:19 PM

ill kill those fools. they got lucky once again

Dogstar 02-04-2004 02:02 PM

F*ck lucky! Two titles in three years is a little more than luck. I'm tired of all these people bitching about luck with the Pats. They won 15 friggin games in a row. That's hard to do no matter how watered down the league is. And besides, the big scoreboard in the sky says PATS, SUPER BOWL CHAMPS. Get over it!
It was a great game. We were on pins and needles the whole time. Carolina was awesome and Delhomme sure can throw the football. He was terrific. They never gave up and neither did the Pats. Either team could have won that game. I'm just elated that it was the Pats.

The parade was awesome, too! 1.5 million they estimated showed up. It was a madhouse and I got to see my boys up close!

And BearFan, there were plenty of awesome offensive plays on both sides. Both teams opened it up big-time in the second half.